[Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Michael Breitenbach
hejo,

i use sometimes an old version of csound inside max/msp (7) - where can i get a actual external?

michi

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

myrddinemrys
The 6.07 external is here: http://csound.com/download.html

Assuming your question is related to 6.10, an external has not been built yet.  I have attempted to build one with no success.  Someone piped up about maintaining the external, but I haven't heard any news on it, yet.  I'm still trying to figure things out on getting a successful build.  For now, I would suggest sticking with 6.07, if you can.

--Justin

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 8:00 PM, Michael Breitenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
hejo,

i use sometimes an old version of csound inside max/msp (7) - where can i get a actual external?

michi

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Nikhil Singh
Hi all,

I'm currently working on updating csound~ – just working on ironing out a couple of strange issues with f-table reading/writing and then a new version should be ready.

In the meantime, csound~ should be linking against the version of Csound running on your system. If there are any issues getting a build (at least on OSX), I may be able to help!

Best,
Nikhil

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 4:34 PM, Justin Rosander <[hidden email]> wrote:
The 6.07 external is here: http://csound.com/download.html

Assuming your question is related to 6.10, an external has not been built yet.  I have attempted to build one with no success.  Someone piped up about maintaining the external, but I haven't heard any news on it, yet.  I'm still trying to figure things out on getting a successful build.  For now, I would suggest sticking with 6.07, if you can.

--Justin

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 8:00 PM, Michael Breitenbach <[hidden email]> wrote:
hejo,

i use sometimes an old version of csound inside max/msp (7) - where can i get a actual external?

michi

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

myrddinemrys

Thank you, Nikhil, I appreciate it!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Michael Breitenbach
thank you Nikhil & Justin,

the 6.07 doesn’t work on my new laptop (with high Sierra):

/Users/michaelbreitenbach/_max/fremdobjekte/csound~.mxo/csound~: mach-o, but wrong architecture

i think i wait for the new external.

michi

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Nikhil Singh
Hi Michael,

Are you running Max 32-bit or 64-bit? I think the version of csound~ hosted online may require the latter, but in either case, you could try switching and see if it works.

Best,
Nikhil

csound~.mxo looks like an older external?   The external from http://csound.com/download.html is 64 bit, and something else, make sure you change the name of the file to csound~.mxe64, as the file in the zipped folder is misnamed as csound-.mxe64 (note the dash instead of the tilde).

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

myrddinemrys

Gotcha.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Michael Breitenbach
oh yeah - thanks nikhil

this was the problem :-) now it works

michi

> Hi Michael,
>
> Are you running Max 32-bit or 64-bit? I think the version of csound~ hosted
> online may require the latter, but in either case, you could try switching
> and see if it works.
>
> Best,
> Nikhil

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Dave Mooney
Hi Nikhil, I just came across this post and was interested to find out if in
the end you got a version of csound~ working with the newer versions of
Csound? I have a csound~ working with 6.07 but was interested to see if I
can use an up to date version of Csound.

Thanks a million,

Dave

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] csound~ 6.10

Nikhil Singh
Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to work on csound~ in a while, but it should link against the version of Csound on your system. I think I've used it with up to 6.10 or perhaps 6.11.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Nikhil

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 7:02 AM Dave Mooney <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nikhil, I just came across this post and was interested to find out if in
the end you got a version of csound~ working with the newer versions of
Csound? I have a csound~ working with 6.07 but was interested to see if I
can use an up to date version of Csound.

Thanks a million,

Dave

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html