[Csnd] comments with //

joachim-3
i am just reading victors wonderful book ("computer music instruments")
and see that // is possible for comments.  i like it much more than ;
but i never saw examples before (and syntax highlighting in csoundqt is
not there for it).  does anyone know since when this is possible?

        joachim

Re: [Csnd] comments with //

gsenna
Don't know since when, but I remember also being surprised after reading
about them in "Csound - A Sound and Music Computing System": "Csound can
also use C++ style single-line comments introduced by //."

On 05/03/18 17:13, joachim heintz wrote:

> i am just reading victors wonderful book ("computer music
> instruments") and see that // is possible for comments.  i like it
> much more than ; but i never saw examples before (and syntax
> highlighting in csoundqt is not there for it).  does anyone know since
> when this is possible?
>
>     joachim

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] comments with //

joachim-3
and it works indeed =)

thanks, guillermo; so actually i knew it longer without knowing it ...

        joachim