[Csnd] VST provides Audio DSP & MIDI in Lua

[Csnd] VST provides Audio DSP & MIDI in Lua

d.vyd

I know there are a few Lua programmers on this list. I stumbled recently upon this interesting VST plugin that provides a Lua scripting interface for audio & MIDI.

https://github.com/pac-dev/protoplug

The example scripts I've tried so far work well. Unfortunately, there are very few example scripts and the forum has been inactive for more than a year.  Not being a Lua programmer, I'm struggling to determine whether the language is worth learning instead of time with Python, Csound, composing, my kids...

-d. vyd

github.com
Protoplug is a VST/AU plugin that lets you load and edit Lua scripts as audio effects and instruments. The scripts can process audio and MIDI, display their own ...

Re: [Csnd] VST provides Audio DSP & MIDI in Lua

akjmicro
If you're like me, the distraction of learning a new platform can be tempting, but in the end, it's better to make music in the ways you know, and spend time with your kids!

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org