[Csnd] VST 3

Victor Lazzarini
Steinberg has put the VST3 SDK on github and licensed it with dual license, proprietary or Free, the choice of which is the sdk user's. The Free version is GPL3.

This will probably change things for us. It is possible now to ship VST4Cs in our installers, if we use the VST 3 SDK (I think the code uses 2.4 currently).

Re: [Csnd] VST 3

jpff
is not GPL a problem
/
O?n Fri, 17 Mar 2017, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Steinberg has put the VST3 SDK on github and licensed it with dual license, proprietary or Free, the choice of which is the sdk user's. The Free version is GPL3.
>
> This will probably change things for us. It is possible now to ship VST4Cs in our installers, if we use the VST 3 SDK (I think the code uses 2.4 currently).
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland

Re: [Csnd] VST 3

Michael Gogins-2
I read Steinberg's FAQ. This does not help us and changes nothing for us. Csound is LGPLv2 and the VST SDK is GPLv3.

On Mar 18, 2017 10:33 AM, "jpff" <[hidden email]> wrote:
is not GPL a problem
/