[Csnd] Transcribing Csound scores to Sheet music

[Csnd] Transcribing Csound scores to Sheet music

fauveboy
Just out of interest does anyone work with live arrangments where its necessary to write a normal score that describes whats going on in the csound score as well as for classical or live instruments? If so do you include details on the traditional score about perhaps any automation ect?

Re: [Csnd] Transcribing Csound scores to Sheet music

Victor Lazzarini-2
I have done different things in the past, depending on what the composition demanded.
Often I found that if I reduce the information to the minimum, e.g. just adding chronometric
information if some sync is needed, or simple cues, it is better because the score becomes
easier to understand.

I also prefer to use Csound interactively so that synchronisation does not tie performers
to a stiff clock (e.g. when clicktracks are used etc).

> On 15 Feb 2018, at 09:44, Joel Ramsbottom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just out of interest does anyone work with live arrangments where its necessary to write a normal score that describes whats going on in the csound score as well as for classical or live instruments? If so do you include details on the traditional score about perhaps any automation ect?

Re: [Csnd] Transcribing Csound scores to Sheet music

It's a while since I notated pieces, but when I had to I would include instructions on the notation about what needs to happen in the computer part, I would often employ graphical envlopes for fader movements and things like that and place them in time above or below the stave. Other times I would insert the wareform into the score so that the player can more or less see where they are in the music.