[Csnd] Table / Sample playback speed and duration

[Csnd] Table / Sample playback speed and duration

fauveboy
SamplePlayback.csd
<http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/SamplePlayback.csd>

Hi,

I'm having some trouble identifying, why the sample (which is 44100 with
playing for a length of 21168001.000). in the score the duration is 1
second. however, the result is that it continues to play at half the speed.
What is the reason for this?

<code>

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>

</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

ksmps = 32
sr = 44100
kr = 4410
ksmps = 10
nchnls = 2

    instr 107
iamp = ampdb(p4)
ilen tableng 5 ; get length of sample
print ilen
p3 = ilen/ sr ; scale length to score event
aphas phasor 1/p3
aphas = aphas * ilen
asig table aphas, 5
asig = asig * iamp
outs asig, asig

                endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>

f5  0 0 1  "hipprac.aif" 0 0 0

i 107 0 1 100

</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

</code>

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] Table / Sample playback speed and duration

jpff
Stereo table read as mono

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Apr 17, 2018, 10:43, at 10:43, fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>SamplePlayback.csd
><http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339654/SamplePlayback.csd>
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm having some trouble identifying, why the sample (which is 44100
>with
>playing for a length of 21168001.000). in the score the duration is 1
>second. however, the result is that it continues to play at half the
>speed.
>What is the reason for this?
>
><code>
>
><CsoundSynthesizer>
><CsOptions>
>
></CsOptions>
><CsInstruments>
>
>ksmps = 32
>sr = 44100
>kr = 4410
>ksmps = 10
>nchnls = 2
>

>    instr 107
>iamp = ampdb(p4)
>ilen tableng 5 ; get length of sample
>print ilen
>p3 = ilen/ sr ; scale length to score event
>aphas phasor 1/p3
>aphas = aphas * ilen
>asig table aphas, 5
>asig = asig * iamp
>outs asig, asig
>
> endin
>
></CsInstruments>
><CsScore>
>
>f5  0 0 1  "hipprac.aif" 0 0 0
>
>i 107 0 1 100
>

></CsScore>
></CsoundSynthesizer>
>

></code>
>

>--
>Sent from:
>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Table / Sample playback speed and duration

fauveboy
This post was updated on .
does that mean i should write something: asigL asigR table aphas, 5....I don't think I know what you mean?

...do you mean the table read IS a mono opcode?

So I believe this means that is I set up the f table like so separate two channels which then be mixed tp stereo and more in fact.

f5  0 0 1  "hipprac.aif" 0 0 1
f6  0 0 1  "hipprac.aif" 0 0 2

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html