[Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

[Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Ruben Sverre Gjertsen-2
Hello,

I have a little question about the ‘convolve' opcode. My csd file has sample rate 96000, while I have impulse response files with sample rate 44100. All are analysed with pvanal, and ‘convolve’ is working.
But will this reverb have the wrong pitch, do I need to convert all impulse responses to 96000 before analyzing them?
For input samples, I use ‘filesr’ to do pitch corrections with 'diskin2', but I can't find the same possibility for impulse responses.

Best
Ruben

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

jpff
My instinct says that one shoud use src_comv before the cvanal when
creating the IR file.  Should be "easy" to scrit that.
==John ff

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a little question about the ‘convolve' opcode. My csd file has sample rate 96000, while I have impulse response files with sample rate 44100. All are analysed with pvanal, and ‘convolve’ is working.
> But will this reverb have the wrong pitch, do I need to convert all impulse responses to 96000 before analyzing them?
> For input samples, I use ‘filesr’ to do pitch corrections with 'diskin2', but I can't find the same possibility for impulse responses.
>
> Best
> Ruben

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Ruben Sverre Gjertsen-2
Should src_conv be included with the Csound 6.10 installation for osx? My computer is not able to find it in the terminal:

Rubens-MacBook-Pro-2:~ rubengjertsen$ src_conv -W
-bash: src_conv: command not found

Ruben

> 30. mar. 2018 kl. 15.53 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>
> My instinct says that one shoud use src_comv before the cvanal when creating the IR file.  Should be "easy" to scrit that.
> ==John ff
>
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a little question about the ‘convolve' opcode. My csd file has sample rate 96000, while I have impulse response files with sample rate 44100. All are analysed with pvanal, and ‘convolve’ is working.
>> But will this reverb have the wrong pitch, do I need to convert all impulse responses to 96000 before analyzing them?
>> For input samples, I use ‘filesr’ to do pitch corrections with 'diskin2', but I can't find the same possibility for impulse responses.
>>
>> Best
>> Ruben
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Victor Lazzarini-2
It’s srconv

> On 30 Mar 2018, at 15:26, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Should src_conv be included with the Csound 6.10 installation for osx? My computer is not able to find it in the terminal:
>
> Rubens-MacBook-Pro-2:~ rubengjertsen$ src_conv -W
> -bash: src_conv: command not found
>
> Ruben
>

>> 30. mar. 2018 kl. 15.53 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> My instinct says that one shoud use src_comv before the cvanal when creating the IR file.  Should be "easy" to scrit that.
>> ==John ff
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a little question about the ‘convolve' opcode. My csd file has sample rate 96000, while I have impulse response files with sample rate 44100. All are analysed with pvanal, and ‘convolve’ is working.
>>> But will this reverb have the wrong pitch, do I need to convert all impulse responses to 96000 before analyzing them?
>>> For input samples, I use ‘filesr’ to do pitch corrections with 'diskin2', but I can't find the same possibility for impulse responses.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Ruben
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

jpff
srconv is not good, and is replaced with src_conc wic is just a all to
Erik's Secret Rabbit Code.  As thar is GPL it is a separate program; and
does a brilliant job.   srconv still exists and says "Do not use srconv
but the src_conv program".  srconv may work sometimes but it has serious
issues.

The short answer is yes (src_conv should be in OSX release)

==John ff

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> It’s srconv
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 15:26, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Should src_conv be included with the Csound 6.10 installation for osx? My computer is not able to find it in the terminal:
>>
>> Rubens-MacBook-Pro-2:~ rubengjertsen$ src_conv -W
>> -bash: src_conv: command not found
>>
>> Ruben
>>

>>> 30. mar. 2018 kl. 15.53 skrev jpff <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> My instinct says that one shoud use src_comv before the cvanal when creating the IR file.  Should be "easy" to scrit that.
>>> ==John ff

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Victor Lazzarini-2
No, I don’t think it is. This is the first time I hear about it. I don’t think it gets built here. Does it have
any dependencies?

> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:44, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> srconv is not good, and is replaced with src_conc wic is just a all to Erik's Secret Rabbit Code.  As thar is GPL it is a separate program; and does a brilliant job.   srconv still exists and says "Do not use srconv but the src_conv program".  srconv may work sometimes but it has serious issues.
>
> The short answer is yes (src_conv should be in OSX release)
>
> ==John ff
>

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> It’s srconv
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 15:26, Ruben Sverre Gjertsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Should src_conv be included with the Csound 6.10 installation for osx? My computer is not able to find it in the terminal:
>>>
>>> Rubens-MacBook-Pro-2:~ rubengjertsen$ src_conv -W
>>> -bash: src_conv: command not found
>>>
>>> Ruben

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

jpff
Depends on SRC.  Builds from cmake in uti (source new_srconv.c binary
src_conv)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> No, I don’t think it is. This is the first time I hear about it. I don’t think it gets built here. Does it have
> any dependencies?
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:44, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> srconv is not good, and is replaced with src_conc wic is just a all to Erik's Secret Rabbit Code.  As thar is GPL it is a separate program; and does a brilliant job.   srconv still exists and says "Do not use srconv but the src_conv program".  srconv may work sometimes but it has serious issues.
>>
>> The short answer is yes (src_conv should be in OSX release)
>>
>> ==John ff
>>

>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>
>>> It’s srconv
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Victor Lazzarini-2
Ah, that’s why I’ve never built it. I never had SRC in my computer. Trying it now.

> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:54, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Depends on SRC.  Builds from cmake in uti (source new_srconv.c binary src_conv)
>

> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>
>> No, I don’t think it is. This is the first time I hear about it. I don’t think it gets built here. Does it have
>> any dependencies?
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:44, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> srconv is not good, and is replaced with src_conc wic is just a all to Erik's Secret Rabbit Code.  As thar is GPL it is a separate program; and does a brilliant job.   srconv still exists and says "Do not use srconv but the src_conv program".  srconv may work sometimes but it has serious issues.
>>>
>>> The short answer is yes (src_conv should be in OSX release)
>>>
>>> ==John ff

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Steven Yi
Same here on Windows (and not being aware of this utility).  I checked
and we're not building on Appveyor either.  There does seem to be a
port in vcpkg for libsamplerate, so this might be easy to add.  I'll
investigate.

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah, that’s why I’ve never built it. I never had SRC in my computer. Trying it now.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:54, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Depends on SRC.  Builds from cmake in uti (source new_srconv.c binary src_conv)
>>

>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2018, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>>
>>> No, I don’t think it is. This is the first time I hear about it. I don’t think it gets built here. Does it have
>>> any dependencies?
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Victor Lazzarini-2
Got this built now. I can add to the release script.

> On 30 Mar 2018, at 17:50, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Same here on Windows (and not being aware of this utility).  I checked
> and we're not building on Appveyor either.  There does seem to be a
> port in vcpkg for libsamplerate, so this might be easy to add.  I'll
> investigate.
>
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM, Victor Lazzarini
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ah, that’s why I’ve never built it. I never had SRC in my computer. Trying it now.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 30 Mar 2018, at 16:54, jpff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Depends on SRC.  Builds from cmake in uti (source new_srconv.c binary src_conv)

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Sample rate with pvanal and convolution

Steven Yi
I've gotten it to compile here on Windows with VS.  I've updated the
downloadDependencies.ps1 script and updated the installer generator.
Awaiting now to see if Appveyor will work out.