[Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):

http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/

The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
instrument for your own needs if interested.

Thanks and enjoy!

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Tarmo Johannes-3
Thank you!

Very inspiring example and good to learn about gbuzz + zdf_2pole!

tarmo

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:59:41 AM EEST you wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
> generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):
>
> http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/
>
> The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
> code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
> is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
> demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
> instrument for your own needs if interested.
>
> Thanks and enjoy!
> steven

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Sounds nice too!

Thank you!

Very inspiring example and good to learn about gbuzz + zdf_2pole!

tarmo

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 6:59:41 AM EEST you wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
> generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):
>
> http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/
>
> The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
> code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
> is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
> demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
> instrument for your own needs if interested.
>
> Thanks and enjoy!
> steven

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

akjmicro
Thanks, Steven...nice work. The textures are delicious, and remind me somewhat of electronic versions of resonant slaps of the vocal cavity with a finger shot.

Cheers,
AKJ

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 3:47 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for sharing this, Steven. Very useful; the textures in that filter are great!

Brian

On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 12:59:41 +0900, Steven Yi wrote:

Hi All,

I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):

http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/

The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
instrument for your own needs if interested.

Thanks and enjoy!

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Steven Yi
Thanks all!  I've been exploring this all a bit further and posted another version using multiple band pass filters in series to get a longer resonance:

http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/08/resonant-impulses-2/

MP3 is there, as is the updated CSD that I tidied up and added some further comments.

Cheers!
Steven

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018 at 12:43 AM Aaron Krister Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Steven...nice work. The textures are delicious, and remind me somewhat of electronic versions of resonant slaps of the vocal cavity with a finger shot.
>
> Cheers,
> AKJ
>
> Aaron Krister Johnson
> http://www.untwelve.org
>
> On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 3:47 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for sharing this, Steven. Very useful; the textures in that filter are great!
>>

>> Brian
>>

>> On Wed, 8 Aug 2018 12:59:41 +0900, Steven Yi wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
>> generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):
>>
>> http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/
>>
>> The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
>> code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
>> is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
>> demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
>> instrument for your own needs if interested.
>>
>> Thanks and enjoy!
>> steven

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Doctor B
Steven,

Finally getting a chance to check out your impulse study #1.
- so nice
- so clean
- love all the little UDOs
- overall, such a great model (to share with students - and from which to learn)
- and because it sounds so musical, one wants to explore more deeply!

THANKS

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:59 PM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I put together a short study on resonant impulses (i.e., impulse
generator -> resonant band-pass filter -> dry out + reverb):

http://kunstmusik.com/2018/08/07/resonant-impulses/

The post contains an audio example MP3, a zip of the Csound CSD source
code to the project with comments, and brief description.  The project
is randomly generating gestures of impulses for the purpose of
demonstration and should be straightforward to adapt the Gesture1
instrument for your own needs if interested.

Thanks and enjoy!

Re: [Csnd] Resonant Impulses

Doctor B
Steven,

Impulse2 is super nice too.

Again, love how it sounds AND loving how it reads!

Thanks for sharing!

-dB