[Csnd] Quickest way to find harmonics for manipulation (in PVS?)

[Csnd] Quickest way to find harmonics for manipulation (in PVS?)

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I'd like to find and manipulate harmonics. I assume PVS is the way to go,
starting with a pitchtracking opcode. But what then? My idea:
use pvsftw pvsftr to go through the bins and find the relevant frequencies and
then modify the related amplitudes or even slightly shift the frequencies.

Since bins are regularly spaced, I assume that I can optimise the frequency
searching by using that fact.

Is that really the quickest route to success or is there a cleverer way?

Secondly: if I shift a frequency, do I have to stay within its bin or
otherwise add its volume to another band?

Can pvsmaska or pvstencil be adapted to quickly pitch the masking/filtering
function instead?

Thanks for any good suggestions, pointers and hints on the above.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] Quickest way to find harmonics for manipulation (in PVS?)

check out opcode partials from the PVS family!

tarmo

On neljapäev, 3. august 2017 20:16.14 EEST you wrote:

> Hey hey,
> I'd like to find and manipulate harmonics. I assume PVS is the way to go,
> starting with a pitchtracking opcode. But what then? My idea:
> use pvsftw pvsftr to go through the bins and find the relevant frequencies
> and then modify the related amplitudes or even slightly shift the
> frequencies.
>
> Since bins are regularly spaced, I assume that I can optimise the frequency
> searching by using that fact.
>
> Is that really the quickest route to success or is there a cleverer way?
>
> Secondly: if I shift a frequency, do I have to stay within its bin or
> otherwise add its volume to another band?
>
> Can pvsmaska or pvstencil be adapted to quickly pitch the masking/filtering
> function instead?
>
> Thanks for any good suggestions, pointers and hints on the above.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> * website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
> * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>
> You might think that I won't make it on my own,
> But now I'm Stronger <3
> (Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] Quickest way to find harmonics for manipulation (in PVS?)

Jeanette C.
Aug 3 2017, Tarmo Johannes has written:

> Hi,
>
> check out opcode partials from the PVS family!
I already had. I does sound interesting. Can the output of partials be
used with normal PVS opcodes again, or are these signals limited to the
track specific opcodes?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------