[Csnd] Question about midi controller precision and ctrl7

[Csnd] Question about midi controller precision and ctrl7

briandc

Hi everyone,

I'm using the ctrl7 command to link some FL sliders to midi controllers, but I see that the precision is not as close as when adjusting knobs with a mouse. Is there a way to specify a higher "resolution" in the ctrl7 code so that the knobs give more precise control?

Thanks!

Brian

Re: [Csnd] Question about midi controller precision and ctrl7

Steven Yi
Have you tried ctrl14 or ctrl21?  (And does your hardware support more
than 0-127?)  Otherwise, not having code to look at, you might just be
at the mercy of of MIDI's limitations.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 12:11 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using the ctrl7 command to link some FL sliders to midi controllers, but
> I see that the precision is not as close as when adjusting knobs with a
> mouse. Is there a way to specify a higher "resolution" in the ctrl7 code so
> that the knobs give more precise control?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brian

Re: [Csnd] Question about midi controller precision and ctrl7

briandc

I think you're right Steven. I'm not sure what the ctlno2 and ctlno3 numbers are used for, but my midi controller has just 0-127 available.

In the end it's not a big deal, using the mouse is probably the best solution anyway. Csound is so powerful that I'm learning things on a level that the average softsynth doesn't reveal! :)

brian

On Sat, 7 Apr 2018 20:55:55 -0400, Steven Yi wrote:

Have you tried ctrl14 or ctrl21?  (And does your hardware support more
than 0-127?)  Otherwise, not having code to look at, you might just be
at the mercy of of MIDI's limitations.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 12:11 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm using the ctrl7 command to link some FL sliders to midi controllers, but I see that the precision is not as close as when adjusting knobs with a mouse. Is there a way to specify a higher "resolution" in the ctrl7 code so that the knobs give more precise control? Thanks! Brian Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here