[Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

[Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

David Bellows
Here is what I've observed with Csound 6.09.1 compiled from source on
Linux when dealing with the tempo command line flags
(http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/CommandFlags.html#FlagsMinusLowerT):

-t x ;;doesn't work at all
--tempo=x ;; does work
--tempo=x.y ;; (fractional tempo) does not work

Using fractional tempi within my Csound file in the score section does work.
t 0 x.y ;; fractional tempo within Csound file works.

Fortunately I don't need this capability for my project but it is
something I have noticed. And I see the warning in the text linked
above but I think these haven't been working as expected for a little
while now.

Dave Bellows

Re: [Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

jpff
I have found and fixed the --tempo=xy case but cannot see anything wrong
wit the -t case
Could you send me a test case?

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017, David Bellows wrote:

> Here is what I've observed with Csound 6.09.1 compiled from source on
> Linux when dealing with the tempo command line flags
> (http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/CommandFlags.html#FlagsMinusLowerT):
>
> -t x ;;doesn't work at all
> --tempo=x ;; does work
> --tempo=x.y ;; (fractional tempo) does not work
>
> Using fractional tempi within my Csound file in the score section does work.
> t 0 x.y ;; fractional tempo within Csound file works.
>
> Fortunately I don't need this capability for my project but it is
> something I have noticed. And I see the warning in the text linked
> above but I think these haven't been working as expected for a little
> while now.
>
> Dave Bellows

Re: [Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

David Bellows
> I have found and fixed the --tempo=xy case but cannot see anything wrong wit the -t case
>Could you send me a test case?

Ok, I've attached my Csound file. It loads a MIDI soundfont file but
it uses the first instrument so any soundfont should work. The file is
generated by my software thus the strange looking formatting.

I've tried various kinds of syntax for the -t option so maybe I don't
know how I should format the command?

Piano_Simple_Melody.csd (3K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

jpff
Thanks -- fixed in git.

My error -- missed out an l character in sscanf

==John ff

Re: [Csnd] Problems with -t and --tempo command line flags

David Bellows
Awesome. Everything seems to be working now as expected. Thanks!

Dave