[Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

12

[Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
Hi,

up to now I am using Csound 6.07 on a MACBook Pro with OS X 10.10.5. Since this version still has the print(s) statements (malloc) which should have been fixed in 6.08 I wanted to switch to the newer release.

After installing (using the official dmg file) Csound 6.08 both Csound and CsoundQT are crashing. CsoundQT opens, but as soon as I try to run a csd, it crashes. Running Csound via terminal, it prints out the normal messages when starting, then crashes with zsh abort error message.

I get the same problems when trying 6.09

cheers,

Karin

cheers,

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
Which version of CsoundQT are you using?

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 13:58, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> up to now I am using Csound 6.07 on a MACBook Pro with OS X 10.10.5. Since this version still has the print(s) statements (malloc) which should have been fixed in 6.08 I wanted to switch to the newer release.
>
> After installing (using the official dmg file) Csound 6.08 both Csound and CsoundQT are crashing. CsoundQT opens, but as soon as I try to run a csd, it crashes. Running Csound via terminal, it prints out the normal messages when starting, then crashes with zsh abort error message.
>
> I get the same problems when trying 6.09
>
> cheers,
>
> Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
I was using the CsoundQT versions which come with the distribution from github, so it was 0.9.4 for 6.09

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Which version of CsoundQT are you using?
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 13:58, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> up to now I am using Csound 6.07 on a MACBook Pro with OS X 10.10.5. Since this version still has the print(s) statements (malloc) which should have been fixed in 6.08 I wanted to switch to the newer release.
>>
>> After installing (using the official dmg file) Csound 6.08 both Csound and CsoundQT are crashing. CsoundQT opens, but as soon as I try to run a csd, it crashes. Running Csound via terminal, it prints out the normal messages when starting, then crashes with zsh abort error message.
>>
>> I get the same problems when trying 6.09
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Karin

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

cheers,

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
Do all CSDs crash, or a particular one?

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 14:18, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I was using the CsoundQT versions which come with the distribution from github, so it was 0.9.4 for 6.09
>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Which version of CsoundQT are you using?
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 13:58, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> up to now I am using Csound 6.07 on a MACBook Pro with OS X 10.10.5. Since this version still has the print(s) statements (malloc) which should have been fixed in 6.08 I wanted to switch to the newer release.
>>>
>>> After installing (using the official dmg file) Csound 6.08 both Csound and CsoundQT are crashing. CsoundQT opens, but as soon as I try to run a csd, it crashes. Running Csound via terminal, it prints out the normal messages when starting, then crashes with zsh abort error message.
>>>
>>> I get the same problems when trying 6.09
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>>
>>> Karin
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

The "normal" CsoundQt 0.9.4  has problems with older Csound installation tha
Csound 6.09, since there are different dependencies in libCsnd6.dylib
I should add check for Csound version on OSX, sorry I did not think about this
before.

If you have Csound 6.08, you should use CsoundQt 0.9.3 or try this build:
https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/download/0.9.4/CsoundQt-d-py-0.9.4-rc1-for-Csound-6.08.dmg

If CsoundQt 0.9.4 crashes with Csound 6.09, I am curious what the reason is...

Please send the output from terminal

To solve the problem, cn you try to:

- completely remove Csound64 framework from /Library/Frameworks and reinstall
Csound? Also you mighnt need to remove all links to Csound libraries from /
usr/local/lib (using Terminal ), although this is probably not necessary.

- remove or rename CsoundQt preferences file,  $HOME/Library/Preferences/
com.csound.qutecsound.plist

Hope it helps,
tarmo

On esmaspäev, 19. juuni 2017 13:40.41 EEST you wrote:

> Do all CSDs crash, or a particular one?
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 14:18, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I was using the CsoundQT versions which come with the distribution from
> > github, so it was 0.9.4 for 6.09>
> >> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> Which version of CsoundQT are you using?
> >>
> >> Victor Lazzarini
> >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
> >> Maynooth University
> >> Ireland

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>
> >>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >>
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
hi Victor,

I couldn’t answer earlier, because I had to leave yesterday afternoon for an opening in the evening of an exhibition I have at Kiel and this morning I had an appointment with the local press for an interview about the exhibition.

I tried some examples from the FLOSS manual - they did not crash CsoundQt (0.9.3 for Csound 6.0.8). My recent applications do crash CsoundQt. This is not too surprising since they are using the same machinery of my UDOs. I went through the UDOs and finally found the problem. Apparently there is a maximum length of 205 characters a string could have. longer strings lead to crashing Csound.

attached is a simple example, which crashes. It you remove the last character from the string it “runs” (doing nothing)

Cheers,

Karin

> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Do all CSDs crash, or a particular one?
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 14:18, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I was using the CsoundQT versions which come with the distribution from github, so it was 0.9.4 for 6.09
>>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:08, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Which version of CsoundQT are you using?
>>>
>>> Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>>> Maynooth University
>>> Ireland

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

csoundqt-temp.csd (717 bytes) Download Attachment
cheers,

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
Thanks, I’ll check.

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 13:42, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi Victor,
>
> I couldn’t answer earlier, because I had to leave yesterday afternoon for an opening in the evening of an exhibition I have at Kiel and this morning I had an appointment with the local press for an interview about the exhibition.
>
> I tried some examples from the FLOSS manual - they did not crash CsoundQt (0.9.3 for Csound 6.0.8). My recent applications do crash CsoundQt. This is not too surprising since they are using the same machinery of my UDOs. I went through the UDOs and finally found the problem. Apparently there is a maximum length of 205 characters a string could have. longer strings lead to crashing Csound.
>
> attached is a simple example, which crashes. It you remove the last character from the string it “runs” (doing nothing)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Karin

> > On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Do all CSDs crash, or a particular one?
> > ========================
> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> > Maynooth University,
> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
> >
> >> On 19 Jun 2017, at 14:18, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I was using the CsoundQT versions which come with the distribution from github, so it was 0.9.4 for 6.09

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> <csoundqt-temp.csd>

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
Hi Karin. There seems to be an issue in the parser with relation to this, some sort of
regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix release we hope to do soon.
Thanks for the report.

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 14:03, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I’ll check.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 20 Jun 2017, at 13:42, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> hi Victor,
>>
>> I couldn’t answer earlier, because I had to leave yesterday afternoon for an opening in the evening of an exhibition I have at Kiel and this morning I had an appointment with the local press for an interview about the exhibition.
>>
>> I tried some examples from the FLOSS manual - they did not crash CsoundQt (0.9.3 for Csound 6.0.8). My recent applications do crash CsoundQt. This is not too surprising since they are using the same machinery of my UDOs. I went through the UDOs and finally found the problem. Apparently there is a maximum length of 205 characters a string could have. longer strings lead to crashing Csound.
>>
>> attached is a simple example, which crashes. It you remove the last character from the string it “runs” (doing nothing)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Karin

>>> On 19 Jun 2017, at 15:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do all CSDs crash, or a particular one?
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>> <csoundqt-temp.csd>

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
thanks,

Karin

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
John has fixed the bug you reported. Your CSD passes the test now.

> On 20 Jun 2017, at 14:14, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thanks,
>
> Karin
>> On 20 Jun 2017, at 15:10, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Karin. There seems to be an issue in the parser with relation to this, some sort of
>> regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix release we hope to do soon.
>> Thanks for the report.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 20 Jun 2017, at 14:03, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks, I’ll check.
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
Hi Victor,

I managed to split the string in my code such that I can use Csound 6.08 distribution with the corresponding CsoundQT

Both are working now without obvious problems.

Then I tried the Csound 6.09 release. There is another problem with the corresponding CsoundQT

Csound itself runs without obvious problems on my code. CsoundQT, however, does not start correctly. It flashes this colourful big icon which shows up at the beginning for a fraction of a second on the screen and then closes immediately.

cheers,

Karin

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
Can you run CsoundQT from the terminal?

$ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6

and copy here what the messages are?

This is Tarmo’s patch, but we can get a good idea of the problem if we look at these messages.

> On 21 Jun 2017, at 17:55, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Victor,
>
> I managed to split the string in my code such that I can use Csound 6.08 distribution with the corresponding CsoundQT
>
> Both are working now without obvious problems.
>
> Then I tried the Csound 6.09 release. There is another problem with the corresponding CsoundQT
>
> Csound itself runs without obvious problems on my code. CsoundQT, however, does not start correctly. It flashes this colourful big icon which shows up at the beginning for a fraction of a second on the screen and then closes immediately.
>
> cheers,
>
> Karin
>
>> On 20 Jun 2017, at 20:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> John has fixed the bug you reported. Your CSD passes the test now.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 20 Jun 2017, at 14:14, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>>
>>> Karin

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Tarmo Johannes-3

Dear Karin,

I appreciate very much your feedback and please help to address the problem (my guess is something with settings):

(I suggest keep CsoundQt 0.9.3 somewhere for your normal work)

- run CsoundQt 0.9.4 from terminal as Victor suggested

$ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6

and copy the output in terminal

- rename CsoundQT settings:

$ cd $HOME/Library/Preferences/

$ mv com.csound.qutecsound.plist com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old

and start CsoundQt 0.9.4 again, let know if that had any influence.. If it did work, please send the com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old settings file so I can think and test. You can rename the file back fro CsoundQt 0.9.3 for continuous work

Thanks!

tarmo

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 07:58:05 PM you wrote:

> Can you run CsoundQT from the terminal?

> $ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6

> and copy here what the messages are?

> This is Tarmo’s patch, but we can get a good idea of the problem if we look

> at these messages.

> ========================

> Prof. Victor Lazzarini

> Maynooth University,

> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland

> Tel: 00 353 7086936

> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

> > On 21 Jun 2017, at 17:55, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi Victor,

> > I managed to split the string in my code such that I can use Csound 6.08

> > distribution with the corresponding CsoundQT

> > Both are working now without obvious problems.

> > Then I tried the Csound 6.09 release. There is another problem with the

> > corresponding CsoundQT

> > Csound itself runs without obvious problems on my code. CsoundQT, however,

> > does not start correctly. It flashes this colourful big icon which shows

> > up at the beginning for a fraction of a second on the screen and then

> > closes immediately.

> > cheers,

> > Karin

> >> On 20 Jun 2017, at 20:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>

> >> wrote:

> >> John has fixed the bug you reported. Your CSD passes the test now.

> >> ========================

> >> Prof. Victor Lazzarini

> >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,

> >> Maynooth University,

> >> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland

> >> Tel: 00 353 7086936

> >> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix

> >> Csound mailing list

> >> [hidden email]

> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND

> >> Send bugs reports to

> >> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> > Csound mailing list

> > [hidden email]

> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND

> > Send bugs reports to

> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
Dear Victor, dear Tamo,

here it comes:

=mbp-kd-2:/x01/usr/daum/Csound 8:09> /Applications/CsoundQt-d-py-cs6.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-cs6
virtual_keyboard real time MIDI plugin for Csound
WARNING: STK opcodes not available: define environment variable RAWWAVE_PATH
(points to rawwaves directory) to use STK opcodes.
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.09 (double samples) May 22 2017
[commit: 957d79d85d9c339213bd94e7a19e541c1bbd10e0]
libsndfile-1.0.25
end of score.              overall amps:      0.0
           overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.001s, CPU: 0.000s
2017-06-22 08:10:42.887 CsoundQt-d-py-cs6[5195:9814550] *** Assertion failure in -[NSBitmapImageRep initWithCGImage:], /SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1348.17/AppKit.subproj/NSBitmapImageRep.m:1288
2017-06-22 08:10:42.912 CsoundQt-d-py-cs6[5195:9814550] An uncaught exception was raised
2017-06-22 08:10:42.912 CsoundQt-d-py-cs6[5195:9814550] Invalid parameter not satisfying: cgImage != NULL
2017-06-22 08:10:42.913 CsoundQt-d-py-cs6[5195:9814550] (
        0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff8a8a003c __exceptionPreprocess + 172
        1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff91b2776e objc_exception_throw + 43
        2   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff8a89fe1a +[NSException raise:format:arguments:] + 106
        3   Foundation                          0x00007fff87f9f9fb -[NSAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 195
        4   AppKit                              0x00007fff83edd3d3 -[NSBitmapImageRep initWithCGImage:] + 135
        5   QtGui                               0x000000010c4e4abd _Z21qt_mac_create_nsimageRK5QIconi + 525
        6   libqcocoa.dylib                     0x0000000110945fda qt_plugin_instance + 154170
        7   libqcocoa.dylib                     0x0000000110943197 qt_plugin_instance + 142327
        8   QtWidgets                           0x000000010bdeb58d _ZN5QMenu11actionEventEP12QActionEvent + 1213
        9   QtWidgets                           0x000000010bca7ef8 _ZN7QWidget5eventEP6QEvent + 1240
        10  QtWidgets                           0x000000010bde9654 _ZN5QMenu5eventEP6QEvent + 1140
        11  QtWidgets                           0x000000010bc6758d _ZN19QApplicationPrivate13notify_helperEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 269
        12  QtWidgets                           0x000000010bc69ed2 _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5906
        13  QtCore                              0x000000010c8ff544 _ZN16QCoreApplication15notifyInternal2EP7QObjectP6QEvent + 164
        14  QtWidgets                           0x000000010bc9bc61 _ZN7QWidget12insertActionEP7QActionS1_ + 353
        15  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109b1a9d9 _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 212489
        16  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109b0c509 _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 153913
        17  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109af1baa _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 45018
        18  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff886df5c9 start + 1
)
2017-06-22 08:10:42.913 CsoundQt-d-py-cs6[5195:9814550] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: cgImage != NULL'
*** First throw call stack:
(
[...]
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
Csound tidy up: Abort trap
On 21 Jun 2017, at 22:42, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Karin,

I appreciate very much your feedback and please help to address the problem (my guess is something with settings):

(I suggest keep CsoundQt 0.9.3 somewhere for your normal work)

- run CsoundQt 0.9.4 from terminal as Victor suggested

$ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6

and copy the output in terminal

- rename CsoundQT settings:

$ cd $HOME/Library/Preferences/

$ mv com.csound.qutecsound.plist com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old

and start CsoundQt 0.9.4 again, let know if that had any influence.. If it did work, please send the com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old settings file so I can think and test. You can rename the file back fro CsoundQt 0.9.3 for continuous work

Thanks!
tarmo

On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 07:58:05 PM you wrote:
> Can you run CsoundQT from the terminal?
>
> $ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6
>
> and copy here what the messages are?
>
> This is Tarmo’s patch, but we can get a good idea of the problem if we look
> at these messages.

> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>

> > On 21 Jun 2017, at 17:55, Karin Daum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Victor,
> >
> > I managed to split the string in my code such that I can use Csound 6.08
> > distribution with the corresponding CsoundQT

> > Both are working now without obvious problems.
> >
> > Then I tried the Csound 6.09 release. There is another problem with the
> > corresponding CsoundQT

> > Csound itself runs without obvious problems on my code. CsoundQT, however,
> > does not start correctly. It flashes this colourful big icon which shows
> > up at the beginning for a fraction of a second on the screen and then
> > closes immediately.

> > cheers,
> >
> > Karin
> >

> >> On 20 Jun 2017, at 20:40, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:

> >> John has fixed the bug you reported. Your CSD passes the test now.
> >> ========================
> >> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> >> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
> >> Maynooth University,
> >> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> >> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> >> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>

> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >

> > Csound mailing list
> > Send bugs reports to
> >

> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

cheers,

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

But hmmm -  not any good idea about the reason yet. Do you happen to have an
Qt installation in your computer separately?

Meanwhile I made new builds one for Cs 6.09 and checking for version, other
for Csound 6.08 and odler (should work with 6.09 also but without recording
support) just for curiousity, can you (or anyone else) give try:

http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/

thanks,
tarmo

On neljapäev, 22. juuni 2017 8:13.41 EEST you wrote:

> [...]
> > > <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> > >
> > >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > >         <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>> >
> > > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>Discussions of bugs and features
> > can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

MarieCurie
> On 22 Jun 2017, at 08:28, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks!
>
> But hmmm -  not any good idea about the reason yet. Do you happen to have an
> Qt installation in your computer separately?

No, I always replace it to avoid problems of this kind, especially because it so fast going back to another version in this case
I also checked explicitly. It is the only version on my computer

> Meanwhile I made new builds one for Cs 6.09 and checking for version, other
> for Csound 6.08 and odler (should work with 6.09 also but without recording
> support) just for curiousity, can you (or anyone else) give try:
>
> http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/

same problem as for the official release

> thanks,
> tarmo

There is an observation I made. this is about the size of the app: 0.9.3 is 203.5 MB while 0.9.4 is only 185.3 MB. (the version from your directory is 153 MB)  I don’t know if this is of any relevance.

Cheers,

Karin

> [...]
>>>
>>> I appreciate  very much your feedback and please help to address the
>>> problem (my guess is something with settings):
>>>
>>> (I suggest  keep CsoundQt 0.9.3 somewhere for your normal work)
>>>
>>> - run CsoundQt 0.9.4 from terminal as Victor suggested
>>>
>>> $ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6
>>>
>>> and copy the output in terminal
>>>
>>> - rename CsoundQT settings:
>>>
>>> $ cd $HOME/Library/Preferences/
>>>
>>> $ mv com.csound.qutecsound.plist com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old
>>>
>>> and start CsoundQt 0.9.4 again, let know if that had any influence.. If it
>>> did work, please send the  com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old settings file
>>> so I can think and test. You can rename the file back fro CsoundQt 0.9.3
>>> for continuous work
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> tarmo

>>> regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix

cheers,

Karin

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

This looks like a QT issue, Csound seems ok with it. I saw this

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-57706

> [...]
>> > Can you run CsoundQT from the terminal?
>> >
>> > $ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6
>> >
>> > and copy here what the messages are?
>> >
>> > This is Tarmo’s patch, but we can get a good idea of the problem if we look
>> > at these messages.
>>
>> > ========================
>> > Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> > Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> > Maynooth University,
>> > Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> > Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> > Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>  regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Thanks for the link,

can be that it is a problem in Qt 5.8 that I used to build the current
CsoundQt on MacOS.

It is nevertheless hard to understand why it occurs on Karin's machine - I had
tested the build on one 10.10.something computer but maybe there is something
specific. Hard to test as I cannot reproduce...

But I downloaded Qt 5.9 that is announced to be next long term support version
and promised to be very good :)

Karin, and other users on OSX 10.10, please give a try if this version works:

http://tarmo.uuu.ee/varia/failid/cs/CsoundQt/CsoundQt-0.9.4.1-cs-6.09-qt-5.9.0.dmg

tarmo

On neljapäev, 22. juuni 2017 9:09.19 EEST you wrote:

> [...]

> > Csound tidy up: Abort trap
> >
> >> On 21 Jun 2017, at 22:42, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear Karin,
> >>

> >> I appreciate  very much your feedback and please help to address the
> >> problem (my guess is something with settings):
>>

> >> (I suggest  keep CsoundQt 0.9.3 somewhere for your normal work)
> >>

> >> - run CsoundQt 0.9.4 from terminal as Victor suggested
> >>

> >> $ /path/to/CsoundQt.app/Contents/MacOS/CsoundQt-d-py-c6
> >>

> >> and copy the output in terminal
> >>

> >> - rename CsoundQT settings:
> >>

> >> $ cd $HOME/Library/Preferences/
> >>

> >> $ mv com.csound.qutecsound.plist com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old
> >>

> >> and start CsoundQt 0.9.4 again, let know if that had any influence.. If
> >> it did work, please send the  com.csound.qutecsound.plist-old settings
> >> file so I can think and test. You can rename the file back fro CsoundQt

 at these messages.

> >>  regression. We’ll fix it and add it to the bugfix

> >> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> >> https://github.com/csound/csound/issuesDiscussions of bugs and features
> >> can be posted here
>

> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> > can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

Victor Lazzarini
yes, it is puzzling because it works here also, with no problems.

> [...]
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 212489
>>>        16  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109b0c509
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 153913
>>>        17  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109af1baa
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 45018
>>>        18  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff886df5c9 start
>>>        + 1>
>>> )
>>> libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
>>> Csound tidy up: Abort trap

> at these messages.

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problems with Csound 6.08/6.07 on MAC OS X 10.10.5

This works :)

> [...]
>>>        _ZN12QApplication6notifyEP7QObjectP6QEvent + 5906 13  QtCore
>>>                                0x000000010c8ff544
>>>        _ZN16QCoreApplication15notifyInternal2EP7QObjectP6QEvent + 164 14
>>>         QtWidgets                           0x000000010bc9bc61
>>>        _ZN7QWidget12insertActionEP7QActionS1_ + 353 15
>>>        CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109b1a9d9
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 212489
>>>        16  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109b0c509
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 153913
>>>        17  CsoundQt-d-py-cs6                   0x0000000109af1baa
>>>        _ZN5QHashI7QStringbE13duplicateNodeEPN9QHashData4NodeEPv + 45018
>>>        18  libdyld.dylib                       0x00007fff886df5c9 start
>>>        + 1>
>>> )
>>> libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

cheers,

Karin
12