[Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

briandc

Hi all,

I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down.

You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter

Any suggestions much appreciated!

(I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)

 

brian

 

 
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

AdventureStartsMalter.csd (7K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

briandc

Oops. Audio here:  Malter 

 

 

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 19:26:53 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi all,

I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down.

You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter

Any suggestions much appreciated!

(I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)

 

brian

 

 

Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

 

 
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

Victor Lazzarini-2
Unless you can give us a simple CSD demonstrating the issue, we can’t do much.

It may be just how it is. Virtual Analogue oscillators such as vco2 may have limitations  or issues.

Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 5 Aug 2018, at 18:30, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oops. Audio here:  Malter 

 

 

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 19:26:53 +0200, [hidden email] wrote:

Hi all,

I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down.

You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter

Any suggestions much appreciated!

(I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)

 

brian

 

 

Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

 

 
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

jpff
In reply to this post by briandc
Can you give the values of the various sliders/buttons/whatever?   I agree
with Victor there is not much with wich to get to grips.

6.09 is raer old -- December 2016 I think


On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, [hidden email] wrote:

>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here.
> I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO,
> since it can be sped up and slowed down.
>
> You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter
>
> Any suggestions much appreciated!
>
> (I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)
>
>  
>
> brian
>
>  
>
>  
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here
>
Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

briandc

Hi everyone,

I included the csd file as an attachment in the first email. The first email link also links to the csd file itself. Hence the second message with new audio link. 

 

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 20:02:27 +0100, jpff wrote:

Can you give the values of the various sliders/buttons/whatever?   I agree 
with Victor there is not much with wich to get to grips.

6.09 is raer old -- December 2016 I think


On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, [hidden email]wrote:
Hi all, I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down. You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter Any suggestions much appreciated! (I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)   brian     Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

 

 
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

Victor Lazzarini-2
could you provide an example with the parameters that reproduce the issue, without a gui?

Victor Lazzarini
Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
Maynooth University
Ireland

On 5 Aug 2018, at 20:22, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I included the csd file as an attachment in the first email. The first email link also links to the csd file itself. Hence the second message with new audio link. 

 

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 20:02:27 +0100, jpff wrote:

Can you give the values of the various sliders/buttons/whatever?   I agree 
with Victor there is not much with wich to get to grips.

6.09 is raer old -- December 2016 I think


On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, [hidden email]wrote:
Hi all, I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down. You can hear an audio demo of the synth, error included, here:  Malter Any suggestions much appreciated! (I'm running Csound 6.08, linux.)   brian     Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

 

 
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

jpff
In reply to this post by briandc
I tried to run your csd but could not get any sounds/  Mind you I do not
have jack and am MIMI challenged
That is why I asked or values.

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, [hidden email] wrote:

>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I included the csd file as an attachment in the first email. The first email
> link also links to the csd file itself. Hence the second message with new
> audio link. 
>
>  
>
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 20:02:27 +0100, jpff wrote:
>
> Can you give the values of the various sliders/buttons/whatever?   I agree
> with Victor there is not much with wich to get to grips.
>
> 6.09 is raer old -- December 2016 I think
>
>
> On Sun, 5 Aug 2018, [hidden email]:
>             Hi all, I'm getting a low pulsing "beating" type of
>             sound in the synth included here. I can't seem to get
>             rid of it. I'm quite sure it's coming from the PWM
>             LFO, since it can be sped up and slowed down. You can
>             hear an audio demo of the synth, error included,
>             here:  Malter Any suggestions much appreciated! (I'm
>             running Csound 6.08, linux.)   brian     Csound
>             mailing list [hidden email]
>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send
>             bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of
>             bugs and features can be posted here
>
> Csound mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> Send bugs reports to
>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>
>  
>
>  
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
> be posted here
>
Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Problem with vco2's PWM (using LFO)

briandc
In reply to this post by Victor Lazzarini-2

I *think* the problem is with LFO3. Here is the full code:

 

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>

-odac -+rtaudio=jack -+rtmidi=alsa -Ma -dm0
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

sr=48000
ksmps=64
nchnls=2
0dbfs=1

;panel
FLcolor		233, 185, 110, 0, 0, 0
FLpanel 	"Adventure StartsMalter",1010,550,300,100,4,-1,1
FLvkeybd	"keyboard.map",960,90,20,430
gkonoff,ihb2	FLbutton "On/Off",0,1,2,100,30,20,20,0,1,0,0
gk3,ihb4	FLbutton "Exit",1,0,21,100,30,20,70,0,2,0,0


;displays for Cut-Q-LFO Flsliders
ihval1	FLvalue	"",60,30,520,20
ihval2	FLvalue "",60,30,520,70
ihval3	FLvalue "",60,30,520,120
ihval3b	FLvalue "",60,30,520,155

;display for Detune Flknob
ihval3c	FLvalue "",60,30,110,135

;displays for Amp Env Flsliders
ihval4	FLvalue "",60,30,260,120+80
ihval5	FLvalue "",60,30,260,120+130
ihval6	FLvalue "",60,30,260,120+180
ihval7	FLvalue "",60,30,260,120+230

;displays for Fil Env Flsliders
ihval8	FLvalue "",60,30,520,120+80
ihval9	FLvalue "",60,30,520,120+130
ihval10	FLvalue "",60,30,520,120+180
ihval11	FLvalue "",60,30,520,120+230

;display for Volume
ihval12	FLvalue "",60,30,780,20


;displays for extra LFOs
ihval13	FLvalue "",60,30,780,70
ihval14	FLvalue "",60,30,780,120
ihval15	FLvalue "",60,30,780,170
ihval16	FLvalue "",60,30,780,220


;kout,ihandle	Flslider  "", imin, imax, iexp, itype, idisp, iwidth, iheight,  ix, iy

gkfreq,gih1 FLslider	"Cutoff", 300, (sr)/2, 0, 25, ihval1, 355, 25, 143, 20
gkreso,gih2 FLslider	"Resonance", 0.1, 0.80, 0, 25, ihval2, 355, 25, 143, 70
gklfo,gih3  FLslider	"LFO-level", 0, 30, 0, 25, ihval3, 155, 25, 343, 120
gkrate,gih3b FLslider	"LFO-rate", 0, 30, 0, 25, ihval3b, 155, 25, 343, 160
gkdet,gih3c   FLknob   "Detune", 0, 4.0, 0, 1, ihval3c, 60, 40, 120
;FLTK-COUNTERS						MIN | MAX | STEP1 | STEP2 | TYPE | WIDTH | HEIGHT | X | Y | OPCODE
gkBendRange, ihBendRange 	FLcount  "Bend Range",	-48,   48,    1,      1,      2,     100,     25,  210, 120,   -1


;adsr volume
gkatt,gih4	FLslider	"A. attack",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval4, 155, 30, 90, 200
gkdec,gih5	FLslider	"A. decay",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval5, 155, 30, 90, 250
gksus,gih6	FLslider	"A. sustain",0.001, 1, 0, 25, ihval6, 155, 30, 90, 300
gkrel,gih7	FLslider	"A. release",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval7, 155, 30, 90, 350

;adsr moog filter
gkatt2,gih8	FLslider	"F. attack",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval8, 155, 30, 343, 200
gkdec2,gih9	FLslider	"F. decay",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval9, 155, 30, 343, 250
gksus2,gih10	FLslider	"F. sustain",0.001, 1, 0, 25, ihval10, 155, 30, 343, 300
gkrel2,gih11	FLslider	"F. release",0.001, 4, 0, 25, ihval11, 155, 30, 343, 350

;volume
gkamp,gih12	FLslider	"Volume", 0, .5, 0, 25, ihval12, 155, 30, 600, 20

;extra LFOs
gklfo2,gih13	FLslider	"Reso-LFO Level", 0, 0.4, 0, 25, ihval13, 155, 30, 600, 70
gkrate2,gih14	FLslider	"Reso-LFO Rate", 0, 10, 0, 25, ihval14, 155, 30, 600, 120
gklfo3,gih15	FLslider	"PWM-LFO Level", 0, 1, 0, 25, ihval15, 155, 30, 600, 170
gkrate3,gih16	FLslider	"PWM-LFO Rate", 0, 10, 0, 25, ihval16, 155, 30, 600, 220

FLpanel_end
FLrun

;initial values
FLsetVal_i	19148,gih1	;init Cutoff value
FLsetVal_i	0.59055,gih2	;init Q value
FLsetVal_i	2.126,gih3	;init LFO level
FLsetVal_i	5.7353,gih3b	;init LFO rate
FLsetVal_i	1.0079,gih3c	;init Detune value
FLsetVal_i	2,ihBendRange	;init Pitch Bend value

;amplitude envelope:
FLsetVal_i	0.01,gih4	;init value attack
FLsetVal_i	2.5263,gih5	;init value decay
FLsetVal_i	0.70706,gih6 	;init value sustain
FLsetVal_i	1.9248,gih7	;init value release

;filter envelope:
FLsetVal_i	0.01,gih8	;init value attack
FLsetVal_i	2.3459,gih9	;init value decay
FLsetVal_i	0.09113,gih10	;init value sustain
FLsetVal_i	1.8947,gih11	;init value release

;initial volume level
FLsetVal_i	0.14567,gih12		;init value volume

;initial sens level
FLsetVal_i	0.12782,gih13		;init value filtLFOlevel
FLsetVal_i	9.9248,gih14		;init value filtLFOrate
FLsetVal_i	0.28,gih15		;init value PWMLFOlevel
FLsetVal_i	0.5,gih16		;init value PWMLFOrate

instr 1

if gkonoff	=	1	then
turnoff
endif

iamp	ampmidi	.5
ifreq	cpsmidi

kamp = iamp
kmax = 10
kmin = 0
imin = 0
imax = 1
ichan = 1
ictlno = 1
ivel1 veloc 0,1
ivel2 veloc 0,1

print ivel1

kdest	ctrl7	ichan, ictlno, kmin, kmax

k1	ctrl7	1,1,0,30
ktrig	changed	k1
FLsetVal	ktrig,k1,gih3

k2	ctrl7	1,91,0,(sr)/2
ktrig	changed	k2
FLsetVal	ktrig,k2,gih12

k3	ctrl7	1,73,0.1,0.99
ktrig	changed	k3
FLsetVal	ktrig,k3,gih2

k4	ctrl7	1,74,0,4.0
ktrig	changed	k4
FLsetVal	ktrig,k4,gih3c

k5	ctrl7	1,71,0,30
ktrig	changed	k5
FLsetVal	ktrig,k5,gih3b

k6	ctrl7	1,72,300,24000
ktrig	changed	k6
FLsetVal	ktrig,k6,gih1


kbend	pchbend	imin,imax
kbend = kbend*gkBendRange
kbend = semitone(kbend)

kporttime	linseg	0,0.1,0.01
kbend	portk	kbend,kporttime

klfo	lfo	gklfo,gkrate,1
klfo2	lfo	gklfo2,gkrate2,1
klfo3	lfo	gklfo3,gkrate3,1

avco1 vco2	gkamp,(ifreq*kbend)+(klfo*kdest),4,0.1
avco2 vco2	gkamp,(ifreq*kbend*gkdet)+(klfo*kdest),2,(0.5*klfo3)
asum	sum	avco1*ivel1,avco2*ivel1
kadsrfilt	madsr		i(gkatt2),i(gkdec2),i(gksus2),i(gkrel2),0,1
afilt	moogladder	asum,(gkfreq*kadsrfilt)*ivel2,gkreso+(klfo2)

kadsr 		madsr		i(gkatt),i(gkdec),i(gksus),i(gkrel),0,1
outs	afilt*kadsr,afilt*kadsr

endin

instr 2
exitnow
endin


</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>

i 1  0 [3600*24*7]

</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>



Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here