[Csnd] Problem with this forum

zappfinger

I changed my password to this forum today

I can post a new message, but I cannot edit it by reply to myself. i get:

Authorized Users Only
Only authorized users can proceed in this area. You can use the form below to send a request to the administrators.
Access Request
Explain to the administrator(s) why you want to access this restricted area.

I already sent a message twice that I had changed my password..

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

jpff
Wat forum?  This is a mailing list.

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:

> I changed my password to this forum today
>
> I can post a new message, but I cannot edit it by reply to myself. i get:
>
> Authorized Users Only
> Only authorized users can proceed in this area. You can use the form below to
> send a request to the administrators. Access Request
> Explain to the administrator(s) why you want to access this restricted area.
>
> I already sent a message twice that I had changed my password..

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

zappfinger
This mailing list then

On 24/11/2020 18:34, john wrote:

> Wat forum?  This is a mailing list.
>
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>

>> I changed my password to this forum today
>>
>> I can post a new message, but I cannot edit it by reply to myself. i
>> get:
>>
>> Authorized Users Only
>> Only authorized users can proceed in this area. You can use the form
>> below to
>> send a request to the administrators. Access Request
>> Explain to the administrator(s) why you want to access this
>> restricted area.
>>
>> I already sent a message twice that I had changed my password..
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

jpff
What are you trying to achieve?  What do you mean by "edit it by reply"?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Nov 24, 2020, 18:01, at 18:01, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

>This mailing list then
>
>On 24/11/2020 18:34, john wrote:
>> Wat forum?  This is a mailing list.
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>>

>>> I changed my password to this forum today
>>>
>>> I can post a new message, but I cannot edit it by reply to myself. i
>
>>> get:
>>>
>>> Authorized Users Only
>>> Only authorized users can proceed in this area. You can use the form
>
>>> below to
>>> send a request to the administrators. Access Request
>>> Explain to the administrator(s) why you want to access this
>>> restricted area.
>>>
>>> I already sent a message twice that I had changed my password..
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>>> features can
>>> be posted here

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

zappfinger
I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in the
web, only from a mail

On 24/11/2020 20:42, John ff wrote:

> What are you trying to achieve?  What do you mean by "edit it by reply"?
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On Nov 24, 2020, 18:01, at 18:01, Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This mailing list then
>>
>> On 24/11/2020 18:34, john wrote:
>>> Wat forum?  This is a mailing list.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Jean Basile Sosa
Hello Richard,

I've had the same problem with the <Nabble> administrator, the same problem had appeared after a change of password too - last summer -, maybe you should use [hidden email] to contact the Csound community.

Jean basile

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

What web?  This is a mailing list.

http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/

On 24/11/2020 21:58, john wrote:

> What web?  This is a mailing list.
>
> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>
>> I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in
>> the web, only from a mail
>>

>> On 24/11/2020 20:42, John ff wrote:
>>> What are you trying to achieve?  What do you mean by "edit it by
>>> reply"?
>>>
>>> ⁣Sent from TypeApp On Nov 24, 2020, 18:01, at 18:01, Richard

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

jpff
nableprovide soethig not related tothe csound mailing lists.  If you
avetrouble with using it you need to contact them; it is not a topic for
this mailing list.

==John ff
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:

> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/
>
> On 24/11/2020 21:58, john wrote:
>> What web?  This is a mailing list.
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in the
>>> web, only from a mail

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Bernard Geyer
I have the same problem since april. I didn't change my password, I was just unable to post anymore.
I contacted a few time the admin without result.

Yes I know, this is an old fashioned mailing list, not a real forum.
For this reason I need 6 different email accounts, 3 of them I never open and which are filled with thousands of messages that I never read there.

Le mar. 24 nov. 2020 à 22:08, john <[hidden email]> a écrit :
nableprovide soethig not related tothe csound mailing lists.  If you
avetrouble with using it you need to contact them; it is not a topic for
this mailing list.

==John ff
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:

> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/
>
> On 24/11/2020 21:58, john wrote:
>> What web?  This is a mailing list.
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in the
>>> web, only from a mail

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

jpff
If you never use an account why not set  it to nomail?

On 19 Dec 2020, at 22:51, Bernard Geyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have the same problem since april. I didn't change my password, I was just unable to post anymore.
I contacted a few time the admin without result.

Yes I know, this is an old fashioned mailing list, not a real forum.
For this reason I need 6 different email accounts, 3 of them I never open and which are filled with thousands of messages that I never read there.

Le mar. 24 nov. 2020 à 22:08, john <[hidden email]> a écrit :
nableprovide soethig not related tothe csound mailing lists.  If you
avetrouble with using it you need to contact them; it is not a topic for
this mailing list.

==John ff
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:

> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/
>
> On 24/11/2020 21:58, john wrote:
>> What web?  This is a mailing list.
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in the
>>> web, only from a mail

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

rorywalsh
It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(

On Sat 19 Dec 2020, 11:12 p.m. John ff, <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you never use an account why not set  it to nomail?

On 19 Dec 2020, at 22:51, Bernard Geyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have the same problem since april. I didn't change my password, I was just unable to post anymore.
I contacted a few time the admin without result.

Yes I know, this is an old fashioned mailing list, not a real forum.
For this reason I need 6 different email accounts, 3 of them I never open and which are filled with thousands of messages that I never read there.

Le mar. 24 nov. 2020 à 22:08, john <[hidden email]> a écrit :
nableprovide soethig not related tothe csound mailing lists.  If you
avetrouble with using it you need to contact them; it is not a topic for
this mailing list.

==John ff
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:

> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/
>
> On 24/11/2020 21:58, john wrote:
>> What web?  This is a mailing list.
>>
>> On Tue, 24 Nov 2020, Richard wrote:
>>
>>> I mean replying to my own mail or to someone else does not work in the
>>> web, only from a mail

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Peter P.-2
* Bernard Geyer <[hidden email]> [2020-12-19 23:50]:
> I have the same problem since april. I didn't change my password, I was
> just unable to post anymore.
> I contacted a few time the admin without result.
>
> Yes I know, this is an old fashioned mailing list, not a real forum.
> For this reason I need 6 different email accounts, 3 of them I never open
> and which are filled with thousands of messages that I never read there.
I let my email account filter incoming emails into folders, so I have a
subfolder for the csound list, which hence never clutters my inbox. You
might wanna try this perhaps.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Peter P.-2
* Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> [2020-12-20 01:14]:
> It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(
There are people like me who would not use a forum but prefer a mailinglist
for example. It seems there is no solution that satisfies both. This
discussion comes up on different lists/forums regularly.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

rorywalsh
In response to your question Jason, it seemed that most of the people on the mailing list would rather stay on the mailing list. What can you do. I still think a forum would attract more new users. The mailinst list used to be quite active, but in recent years it's become quieter and quieter.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 07:47, Peter P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> [2020-12-20 01:14]:
> It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(
There are people like me who would not use a forum but prefer a mailinglist
for example. It seems there is no solution that satisfies both. This
discussion comes up on different lists/forums regularly.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Johann Philippe-2
I totally agree with the idea of a forum. I don't really know on what tech JUCE and OpenFrameworks forums are based, but it could be a good start for something intuitive and clear !

Le dimanche 20 décembre 2020 à 19:36:30 UTC+1, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> a écrit :

In response to your question Jason, it seemed that most of the people on the mailing list would rather stay on the mailing list. What can you do. I still think a forum would attract more new users. The mailinst list used to be quite active, but in recent years it's become quieter and quieter.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 07:47, Peter P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> [2020-12-20 01:14]:
> It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(
There are people like me who would not use a forum but prefer a mailinglist
for example. It seems there is no solution that satisfies both. This
discussion comes up on different lists/forums regularly.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

genell
I agree with the notion that a forum would be great!
Is there perhaps some forum that sends mail for each post to those who want, and allows to reply by email to the forum, and automatically posts replies in the correct thread?
That would cover the needs of both parties?

20 dec. 2020 kl. 19:49 skrev Johann Philippe <[hidden email]>:

I totally agree with the idea of a forum. I don't really know on what tech JUCE and OpenFrameworks forums are based, but it could be a good start for something intuitive and clear !

Le dimanche 20 décembre 2020 à 19:36:30 UTC+1, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> a écrit :

In response to your question Jason, it seemed that most of the people on the mailing list would rather stay on the mailing list. What can you do. I still think a forum would attract more new users. The mailinst list used to be quite active, but in recent years it's become quieter and quieter.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 07:47, Peter P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> [2020-12-20 01:14]:
> It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(
There are people like me who would not use a forum but prefer a mailinglist
for example. It seems there is no solution that satisfies both. This
discussion comes up on different lists/forums regularly.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

rorywalsh
Discourse offers those kinds of solutions. FWIW, I contacted the people I was in touch with back in 2016 and asked if we could try it out again. it doesn't mean we have to, but at least we can try it out and see if it fits.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 18:54, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
I agree with the notion that a forum would be great!
Is there perhaps some forum that sends mail for each post to those who want, and allows to reply by email to the forum, and automatically posts replies in the correct thread?
That would cover the needs of both parties?

20 dec. 2020 kl. 19:49 skrev Johann Philippe <[hidden email]>:

I totally agree with the idea of a forum. I don't really know on what tech JUCE and OpenFrameworks forums are based, but it could be a good start for something intuitive and clear !

Le dimanche 20 décembre 2020 à 19:36:30 UTC+1, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> a écrit :

In response to your question Jason, it seemed that most of the people on the mailing list would rather stay on the mailing list. What can you do. I still think a forum would attract more new users. The mailinst list used to be quite active, but in recent years it's become quieter and quieter.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 at 07:47, Peter P. <[hidden email]> wrote:
* Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> [2020-12-20 01:14]:
> It would be nice if we had a 'real' forum :(
There are people like me who would not use a forum but prefer a mailinglist
for example. It seems there is no solution that satisfies both. This
discussion comes up on different lists/forums regularly.

Re: [Csnd] Problem with this forum

Jason Hallen
A forum would be a dream come true.  I will certainly post my questions and discussion there if it gets set up.

Jason