[Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

[Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Can you suggest -

I promised to play along in a electronic music ensemble and we thought abpit possible repertoire. The idea is not to use acoustic instruments, onlu synths, computers, perhpas feedback loops and similar.

Can you perhaps suggest some existing composition that has kind of score/description as bases?

Thanks!
tarmo

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

joachim-3
did you mean another address for it?

On 22/09/17 19:27, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you suggest -
>
> I promised to play along in a electronic music ensemble and we thought
> abpit possible repertoire. The idea is not to use acoustic instruments,
> onlu synths, computers, perhpas feedback loops and similar.
>
> Can you perhaps suggest some existing composition that has kind of
> score/description as bases?
>
> Thanks!
> tarmo
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Tarmo Johannes-3
No,

I meant exactly to ask from Csounders who are all connected to electronic music.
The players in the ensemble mentioned use different means -  Csound, PureData, analog synth, some plugin/sample bank bases music making and similar.
Nevertheless -  I hope some might have ideas or experiences about pieces of electronic ensemble music that have score or are notatated in some other way.

tarmo

https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Matti Koskinen-2

On 22.09.2017 20:27, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
Hi,

Can you suggest -

I promised to play along in a electronic music ensemble and we thought abpit possible repertoire. The idea is not to use acoustic instruments, onlu synths, computers, perhpas feedback loops and similar.

Can you perhaps suggest some existing composition that has kind of score/description as bases?

Thanks!
tarmo
Common Music has an example of Steve Reich's Piano Phase, old classic of looping.

best

-m

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Steven Yi
Perhaps:

Stockhausen: Aus den sieben Tagen

Cardew: Treatise

Some of Pauline Oliveros' Sonic Meditations may work.

These came to mind but they're not specifically written for electronics.

I'm sure if you had a call for new works, you'd get a lot of interest.

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017, 4:08 AM Matti Koskinen <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 22.09.2017 20:27, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
Hi,

Can you suggest -

I promised to play along in a electronic music ensemble and we thought abpit possible repertoire. The idea is not to use acoustic instruments, onlu synths, computers, perhpas feedback loops and similar.

Can you perhaps suggest some existing composition that has kind of score/description as bases?

Thanks!
tarmo
Common Music has an example of Steve Reich's Piano Phase, old classic of looping.

best

-m

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Tarmo Johannes-3
Thank you,

Steven, we are exactly going to start off with open pieces and thought about
some parts of "Aus den Sieben Tagen".

Pauline Olveros is definitely worth to check out, good idea!

I will look to the catalogue of James Tenney as well, perhaps he has some of
his electronic works notated somehow.

Best!
tarmo

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 4:05:27 PM EEST you wrote:

> Perhaps:
>
> Stockhausen: Aus den sieben Tagen
>
> Cardew: Treatise
>
> Some of Pauline Oliveros' Sonic Meditations may work.
>
> These came to mind but they're not specifically written for electronics.
>
> I'm sure if you had a call for new works, you'd get a lot of interest.
>
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017, 4:08 AM Matti Koskinen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On 22.09.2017 20:27, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can you suggest -
> >
> > I promised to play along in a electronic music ensemble and we thought
> > abpit possible repertoire. The idea is not to use acoustic instruments,
> > onlu synths, computers, perhpas feedback loops and similar.
> >
> > Can you perhaps suggest some existing composition that has kind of
> > score/description as bases?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > tarmo
> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> > can be posted here
> >
> > Common Music has an example of Steve Reich's Piano Phase, old classic of
> > looping.
> >
> > best
> >

> > -m
> >
> > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
> > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> > can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Pieces for electronic music ensemble

Marc Demers-2
Hi,

Are you in an hurry? Because I can run through my collection to suggest you some composers. Also there is all the pieces play by the SLOrk (Stanford Laptop Orchestra) and the PLOrk (Princeton Laptop Orchestra) which use others softwares (Pd and Chuck) than Csound but it must be possible (with some hard work) to translate the scores for Csound.

Regards,

Marc