[Csnd] [OT]: Yet another tiny arm board for audio

[Csnd] [OT]: Yet another tiny arm board for audio

genell
I just read about the Bela Mini (http://blog.bela.io/2018/02/22/bela-mini-launch/) and thought it could be of interest to some Csound users - it should be a good starting point for a small Csound synthesizer. Maybe the next COSMOS version?

Regards,
Anders

Re: [Csnd] [OT]: Yet another tiny arm board for audio

Bernt Isak Wærstad
The Bela is a very cool platform and the Bela Mini also looks great! It hasn't been announced yet, but we have been able to compile and run Csound on Bela (I say we, but its mainly Victors effort). We're still talking to the Bela guys in terms of distribution, which is why it hasnt been announced/released yet. Current version of Csound should compile fine on the latest Bela image (use -DBUILD_BELA=1), but intergrating it into the IDE requires a bit more work.

And of course we're working on a Bela COSMO as well! :D

On 23 February 2018 at 07:33, Anders Genell <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just read about the Bela Mini (http://blog.bela.io/2018/02/22/bela-mini-launch/) and thought it could be of interest to some Csound users - it should be a good starting point for a small Csound synthesizer. Maybe the next COSMOS version?

Regards,
Anders

Mvh.

Bernt Isak Wærstad

26 feb. 2018 kl. 17:19 skrev Bernt Isak Wærstad <[hidden email]>:

The Bela is a very cool platform and the Bela Mini also looks great! It hasn't been announced yet, but we have been able to compile and run Csound on Bela (I say we, but its mainly Victors effort). We're still talking to the Bela guys in terms of distribution, which is why it hasnt been announced/released yet. Current version of Csound should compile fine on the latest Bela image (use -DBUILD_BELA=1), but intergrating it into the IDE requires a bit more work.

Ooh! Sounds very promising!

And of course we're working on a Bela COSMO as well! :D

Of course :-)
I’ll eagerly await the formal announcement...

Regards,
Anders