[Csnd] OT: 65 Days of Static - Livecoding

[Csnd] OT: 65 Days of Static - Livecoding

tgrey
I saw this and thought some csounders might  also find it interesting.  This is a recording of the band "65 Days of Static" in a studio session recording music for the video game "No Man's Sky".

They're using some sort of "live" (pre-written/rehearsed but edited on the fly?) coding to create a lot of the rhythmic/algorithmic bed for the music.  I didn't recognize the language they're using, but it doesn't appear to be csound.  I am curious if anyone does recognize it tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OAKUlRlNF0

Re: [Csnd] OT: 65 Days of Static - Livecoding

hlolli

On 26 May 2018 at 14:24, Kevin Welsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
I saw this and thought some csounders might  also find it interesting.  This is a recording of the band "65 Days of Static" in a studio session recording music for the video game "No Man's Sky".

They're using some sort of "live" (pre-written/rehearsed but edited on the fly?) coding to create a lot of the rhythmic/algorithmic bed for the music.  I didn't recognize the language they're using, but it doesn't appear to be csound.  I am curious if anyone does recognize it tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OAKUlRlNF0

Re: [Csnd] OT: 65 Days of Static - Livecoding

tgrey
Cool, thanks for the info!

Live-coding has always fascinated me, but I particularly liked how this was incorporated with the other live "electro-acoustic" performers too!