[Csnd] OSC server management ?

fauveboy
Im running pymonome which requires serialosc(monome osc protocol) to be
running  on raspbian Lite. I'm also running tmux with numerous windows open.
I'm wondering if this activity is influencing the occurance of the following
error:

OSC server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port
INI ERROR in instr 0: cannot start OSC listener on port 9999

Sometimes when I close tmux and reopen the programs I'm using this my not
occur until the programs run successfully once or twice.

Whats happening for it to suddenly have the OSC port paths disrupted. How
can I prevent this?

Many thanks,

Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] OSC server management ?

> OSC server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port

means that something is already listening on that port -  it can be som of
your programs or sometimes if Csound does not exit cleanly a zomby may stay
blocking this port (usually not the case).

A useful command to find out which is using given port on Linux is:

lsof -i :9904

Not sure if it helps...

tarmo

On teisipäev, 7. august 2018 12:31.19 EEST you wrote:

> Im running pymonome which requires serialosc(monome osc protocol) to be
> running  on raspbian Lite. I'm also running tmux with numerous windows open.
> I'm wondering if this activity is influencing the occurance of the
> following error:
>
> OSC server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port
> INI ERROR in instr 0: cannot start OSC listener on port 9999
>
> Sometimes when I close tmux and reopen the programs I'm using this my not
> occur until the programs run successfully once or twice.
>
> Whats happening for it to suddenly have the OSC port paths disrupted. How
> can I prevent this?
>
> Many thanks,

> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] OSC server management ?

jpff
lsof -i :9999
Possibly?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 7, 2018, 10:42, at 10:42, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> OSC server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port
>
>means that something is already listening on that port -  it can be som
>of
>your programs or sometimes if Csound does not exit cleanly a zomby may
>stay
>blocking this port (usually not the case).
>
>A useful command to find out which is using given port on Linux is:
>
>lsof -i :9904
>
>Not sure if it helps...
>
>tarmo
>

>On teisipäev, 7. august 2018 12:31.19 EEST you wrote:
>> Im running pymonome which requires serialosc(monome osc protocol) to
>be
>> running  on raspbian Lite. I'm also running tmux with numerous
>windows open.
>> I'm wondering if this activity is influencing the occurance of the
>> following error:
>>
>> OSC server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port
>> INI ERROR in instr 0: cannot start OSC listener on port 9999
>>
>> Sometimes when I close tmux and reopen the programs I'm using this my
>not
>> occur until the programs run successfully once or twice.
>>
>> Whats happening for it to suddenly have the OSC port paths disrupted.
>How
>> can I prevent this?
>>
>> Many thanks,

>> --
>> Sent from:
>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] OSC server management ?

fauveboy
I'm actually just getting:

-bash: losf: command not found

?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] OSC server management ?

Dave Seidel
lsof, not losf

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 8:56 AM fauveboy <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm actually just getting:

-bash: losf: command not found

?

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] OSC server management ?

fauveboy
sorry i that was a typo on my last message I still have the same problem
however

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html