[Csnd] OSC bundle

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Hi

Is it possible to send and receive OSC bundles with Csound?
I somehow seem to remember it should be possible, but could not find it in he docs.

best

Re: [Csnd] OSC bundle

jpff
Not at computer to check but the simple answer is no.

More complex answer is that blogs are used to send/receive arrays and tables.  After all csound does not have a blob data structure.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 31, 2018, 07:39, at 07:39, Oeyvind Brandtsegg <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is it possible to send and receive OSC bundles with Csound?
>I somehow seem to remember it should be possible, but could not find it
>in
>he docs.
>
>best
>Oeyvind
>
>--
>
>Oeyvind Brandtsegg
>Professor of Music Technology
>NTNU
>7491 Trondheim
>Norway
>Cell: +47 92 203 205
>
>http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
>http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
>http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
>http://flyndresang.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/t-emp
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] OSC bundle

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Ok. Thanks.

Trying to find a solution to a rate transmission problem. When I send OSC data to a DAW (Reaper) to control automation, the receiving end will choke if I send too much data (around 200 messages per second). I thought that *maybe* it could be solved by bundling messages so that there's less amount of individual messages flying around. Then again, he problem might lay with the receviing end's responding to the data, so not sure if bundling would solve anything. Thanks anyway.

Den fre. 31. aug. 2018 kl. 13:17 skrev John ff <[hidden email]>:
Not at computer to check but the simple answer is no.

More complex answer is that blogs are used to send/receive arrays and tables.  After all csound does not have a blob data structure.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 31, 2018, 07:39, at 07:39, Oeyvind Brandtsegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Is it possible to send and receive OSC bundles with Csound?
>I somehow seem to remember it should be possible, but could not find it
>in
>he docs.
>
>best
>Oeyvind
>
>--
>
>Oeyvind Brandtsegg
>Professor of Music Technology
>NTNU
>7491 Trondheim
>Norway
>Cell: +47 92 203 205
>
>http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
>http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
>http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
>http://flyndresang.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/t-emp
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] OSC bundle

Can you use MIDI instead of OSC? Or it is in different machine?
Or can you first try to set higher k-rate in csound or metro just to send less messages?
Probably you have thought it already anyway...

Tarmo

31.08.2018 15:50 kirjutas kuupäeval "Oeyvind Brandtsegg" <[hidden email]>:
Ok. Thanks.

Trying to find a solution to a rate transmission problem. When I send OSC data to a DAW (Reaper) to control automation, the receiving end will choke if I send too much data (around 200 messages per second). I thought that *maybe* it could be solved by bundling messages so that there's less amount of individual messages flying around. Then again, he problem might lay with the receviing end's responding to the data, so not sure if bundling would solve anything. Thanks anyway.

Den fre. 31. aug. 2018 kl. 13:17 skrev John ff <[hidden email]>:
Not at computer to check but the simple answer is no.

More complex answer is that blogs are used to send/receive arrays and tables.  After all csound does not have a blob data structure.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 31, 2018, 07:39, at 07:39, Oeyvind Brandtsegg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Hi
>
>Is it possible to send and receive OSC bundles with Csound?
>I somehow seem to remember it should be possible, but could not find it
>in
>he docs.
>
>best
>Oeyvind
>
>--
>
>Oeyvind Brandtsegg
>Professor of Music Technology
>NTNU
>7491 Trondheim
>Norway
>Cell: +47 92 203 205
>
>http://www.partikkelaudio.com/
>http://crossadaptive.hf.ntnu.no
>http://gdsp.hf.ntnu.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/brandtsegg
>http://flyndresang.no/
>http://soundcloud.com/t-emp
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] OSC bundle

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Thanks for the ideas, Tarmo. I was using MIDI earlier, but there are many reasons why OSC would be better. I do also filter the outgoing signals to avoid clogging the communication with minor flutter. The signal is sent only if it changes significantly, and I also limit the transmission rate.

Hi,