[Csnd] No realtime output on MacOs

Salvatore Mirenda
Hi all,
has anyone experimented this issue (screenshot attached) on MacOs after upgrading to Mojave?If yes, how did you solve it? I already tried to set a different buffer size...but nothing changed.
Thanks
Salvatore

Schermata 2018-10-01 alle 15.27.27.png (275K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] No realtime output on MacOs

Have you tried to run the same csd from command line (terminal )?

Might be that it is a CsoundQt issue - it has been built on MacOs 10.12.something and maybe some changes in MacOs have broken it.

I appreciate your feedback.

Tarmo

01.10.2018 16:37 kirjutas kuupäeval "Salvatore Mirenda" <[hidden email]>:
Hi all,
has anyone experimented this issue (screenshot attached) on MacOs after upgrading to Mojave?If yes, how did you solve it? I already tried to set a different buffer size...but nothing changed.
Thanks
Salvatore

Re: [Csnd] No realtime output on MacOs

The isfinit() message comes from Csound when it can’t open an input soundfile. Here
is where it comes from:

csoundDie(csound, Str("isfinit: cannot open %s"), sfname);

So it seems to be looking for a file called  “qt$”, which is very odd.

Can we have a look at the CSD?

> On 1 Oct 2018, at 15:03, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to run the same csd from command line (terminal )?
>
> Might be that it is a CsoundQt issue - it has been built on MacOs 10.12.something and maybe some changes in MacOs have broken it.
>
> I appreciate your feedback.
>
> Tarmo
>
> 01.10.2018 16:37 kirjutas kuupäeval "Salvatore Mirenda" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
> has anyone experimented this issue (screenshot attached) on MacOs after upgrading to Mojave?If yes, how did you solve it? I already tried to set a different buffer size...but nothing changed.
> Thanks
> Salvatore

Re: [Csnd] No realtime output on MacOs

Salvatore Mirenda
Yes of course, I'm going to send it as soon as I can. Anyway that   “qt$” is inside CsoundQt setting. This occurs also if I try to play an already made example from the front end, not only with my csd files.
Salvatore

Il lun 1 ott 2018, 16:48 Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
The isfinit() message comes from Csound when it can’t open an input soundfile. Here
is where it comes from:

csoundDie(csound, Str("isfinit: cannot open %s"), sfname);

So it seems to be looking for a file called  “qt$”, which is very odd.

Can we have a look at the CSD?

> On 1 Oct 2018, at 15:03, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to run the same csd from command line (terminal )?
>
> Might be that it is a CsoundQt issue - it has been built on MacOs 10.12.something and maybe some changes in MacOs have broken it.
>
> I appreciate your feedback.
>
> Tarmo
>
> 01.10.2018 16:37 kirjutas kuupäeval "Salvatore Mirenda" <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
> has anyone experimented this issue (screenshot attached) on MacOs after upgrading to Mojave?If yes, how did you solve it? I already tried to set a different buffer size...but nothing changed.
> Thanks
> Salvatore

Re: [Csnd] No realtime output on MacOs

Victor Lazzarini-2
Maybe Tarmo can explain from where that comes.

Sounds like a QT issue, but we’ll wait to see if it works from the Terminal. Also you can try Cabbage.