[Csnd] New track - River Spirits

Anton Kholomiov
Hi!

I'd like to present a new track called River Spirits.
It's a single drone track spiced a bit with some effects.
No samples. The whole track is made with Csound.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/river-spirits

It's an interesting idea to have many simple harmonics (just pure sines)
but detuned and each harmonic is controlled with it's own rspline.
There are somewhat 40 harmonics. And each ear has it's
own harmonics and random splines.

Thanks for listening!
Anton

Re: [Csnd] New track - River Spirits

genell
Very nice, Anton!!
Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Anders

24 mars 2017 kl. 22:34 skrev Anton Kholomiov <[hidden email]>:

Hi!

I'd like to present a new track called River Spirits.
It's a single drone track spiced a bit with some effects.
No samples. The whole track is made with Csound.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/river-spirits

It's an interesting idea to have many simple harmonics (just pure sines)
but detuned and each harmonic is controlled with it's own rspline.
There are somewhat 40 harmonics. And each ear has it's
own harmonics and random splines.

Thanks for listening!
Anton

Re: [Csnd] New track - River Spirits

Anton Kholomiov
This piece is my humble proove of the concept.

I've made some research on the web trying to find the best synt for ambient-drone music. As this is my favorite genre.  And finally I came to the conclusion that Csound beats them all.

I think most desired  qualities for ambient music are

- polyphony as many voices as possible (to get thick sound)

- LFO's and random control signal glides (lots of them) to get slow and interesting  movements in the sound

- high quality filters

- high quality reverb

We have unlimited polyphony the most refined LFO's and random control signals and the wonderful moogvcf and reverbsc on top of the pie.

The feature that is often underestimated is that compared to VST-plugins we can give as much CPU power for the audio as we want. we are not limited to running within the host program. We can grab all the resources to get that sound. This feature takes the Csound to the hardware synt league which give all the power to the audio design process.

And regarding the LFO's it's the coding nature of csound that makes LFO very flexible we can plu an LFO whatever part we like, not limited to the slots of mod matrix and sharing LFO's between very separate sections of the track is very easy. This way we can create a slow and subtle movments in the timbre.

Thanks for feedback, Anders!

Very nice, Anton!!
Thanks for sharing!

Regards,
Anders

24 mars 2017 kl. 22:34 skrev Anton Kholomiov <[hidden email]>:

Hi!

I'd like to present a new track called River Spirits.
It's a single drone track spiced a bit with some effects.
No samples. The whole track is made with Csound.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/river-spirits

It's an interesting idea to have many simple harmonics (just pure sines)
but detuned and each harmonic is controlled with it's own rspline.
There are somewhat 40 harmonics. And each ear has it's
own harmonics and random splines.

Thanks for listening!
Anton

Re: [Csnd] New track - River Spirits

Pablo Frank

Great work. To share the .csd would be great

@Pablo The csound source is machine written (not so easy to follow). But I can send you the haskell spource code.

Great work. To share the .csd would be great

Re: [Csnd] New track - River Spirits

Pablo Frank

never mind if it's not easy to follow. if i can get some of the timbre, it will be more than enough.

The textures/timbres of that work remind me to the duo Troum:

https://troum.bandcamp.com/