[Csnd] New UDO: an aeroacoustic physical model

[Csnd] New UDO: an aeroacoustic physical model

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
the m_aerosound opcode has been in the making for a while. It's based on the
work by Rod Selfridge[1] on "realtime synthesis of aeroacoustic sounds" at
Queen Mary University of London.

The opcode models wind blowing past a cylinder (which could of course be a
wire). It models the sound as well as the placement in space. the original
model is written for PureData and can freely be downloaded from Rod's blog[1].

The Csound opcode is here:
http://juliencoder.de/sound/m_aerosound-0.5.zip

Comments, suggestions for improvements and criticism of any kind is very
welcome.

My great thanks go to Rod Selfridge for his constant support in this
conversion, since I couldn't read the formulas in his publications.
Accessibility and maths is a topic still very much in development.

Best wishes,

Jeanette
[1] https://rodselfridge.wordpress.com/

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Csnd] New UDO: an aeroacoustic physical model

Jeanette C.
Hi Hlöðver and Anton,
thanks for the kind words. I hope you can do something with it.

Careful though: due to the involved physics the output level has a VERY WIDE
dynamic range.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3

Re: [Csnd] New UDO: an aeroacoustic physical model

Partev Barr Sarkissian

QMUL as in C4DM?
Mark Pumbley and Josh Reiss?

-Partev

==================================

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

Re: [Csnd] New UDO: an aeroacoustic physical model

Jeanette C.
May 18 2017, Partev Barr Sarkissian has written:
> QMUL as in C4DM?
> Mark Pumbley and Josh Reiss?
After googling these, I can reply in the positive. :) Queen Mary
University of London, though I didn't know that department. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3