[Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

[Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Jeff Harrington
Hi Csound Folks!

It's been a while, but I've got a new piece which uses Pinkston's DX7
emulator with one of my glass DX7 patches in a short sustained 19EDO
chorale.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1bEO2x7RxzuBMTPGlHYxy6?si=ZmHGnxt0T0qSiqrwMF4Pvw

Source (old school style):
http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip

Enjoy, any comments welcome...

Jeff Harrington
http://jeffharrington.org

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Victor Lazzarini-2
It's great. Thanks for the link, I'll share on FB.

As a matter of interest, how difficult is it to publish on Spotify?

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 08:53, Jeff Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Csound Folks!
>
> It's been a while, but I've got a new piece which uses Pinkston's DX7
> emulator with one of my glass DX7 patches in a short sustained 19EDO
> chorale.
>
> https://open.spotify.com/album/1bEO2x7RxzuBMTPGlHYxy6?si=ZmHGnxt0T0qSiqrwMF4Pvw
>
> Source (old school style):
> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
>
> Enjoy, any comments welcome...
>
> Jeff Harrington
> http://jeffharrington.org
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Jeff Harrington
Cool!  Thanks!

Publishing on Spotify is really easy now thanks to services like Distrokid:

https://distrokid.com/

$17.95 ( might be a bit higher now - there' a site with a discount
code)  a year for unlimited releases of singles and albums.  I rendered
my new piece and uploaded it and the album cover art yesterday, not 24
hours ago.

100% royalties yours.

Jeff

On 3/6/2019 10:53 AM, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> It's great. Thanks for the link, I'll share on FB.
>
> As a matter of interest, how difficult is it to publish on Spotify?
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 6 Mar 2019, at 08:53, Jeff Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Csound Folks!
>>
>> It's been a while, but I've got a new piece which uses Pinkston's DX7
>> emulator with one of my glass DX7 patches in a short sustained 19EDO
>> chorale.
>>
>> https://open.spotify.com/album/1bEO2x7RxzuBMTPGlHYxy6?si=ZmHGnxt0T0qSiqrwMF4Pvw
>>
>> Source (old school style):
>> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
>>
>> Enjoy, any comments welcome...
>>
>> Jeff Harrington
>> http://jeffharrington.org
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Jeanette C.
Mar 6 2019, Jeff Harrington has written:
> Source (old school style):
> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
Hi Jeff,
thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that. Especially thanks for providing the
source code, since I don't have access to Spotify.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

If only I could trade the fancy cars
For a chance today,
it's incomparable <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Are you on Windows or OSX? For windows you should grab the latest beta:
On OSX you should install this one:
If you've any questions hit us up at http://forum.cabbageaudio.com/ ;)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 11:03, Jeff Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

WHAT?

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 10:56, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  because I don't have a Spotify account,

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

luis jure
el 2019-03-06 a las 13:49 Victor Lazzarini escribió:

> WHAT?
> ========================
>
> > On 6 Mar 2019, at 10:56, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >  because I don't have a Spotify account,

I was going to ask the same: what is a "Spotify account"? What is
"Spotify"?

---

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Victor Lazzarini-2
Actually my dismay was related to not having one such account.

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 13:55, luis jure <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> el 2019-03-06 a las 13:49 Victor Lazzarini escribió:
>
>> WHAT?
>> ========================
>>
>>> On 6 Mar 2019, at 10:56, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> because I don't have a Spotify account,
>

> I was going to ask the same: what is a "Spotify account"? What is
> "Spotify"?
>

> ---

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

+1

el 2019-03-06 a las 14:21 Victor Lazzarini escribió:

> Actually my dismay was related to not having one such account.

he, i guessed as much. i was just kidding.

but the fact is that i'm not sure what a "spotify account" is, or why
anyone should have one. but don't worry, i know that i can duckduckgo it.

On 3/6/2019 2:55 PM, luis jure wrote:

> I was going to ask the same: what is a "Spotify account"? What is
> "Spotify"?

A Spotify account is one of the few places my miserable music can see
some action...  FWIW, the real deal is getting in a Spotify-sponsored
playlist.. I got lucky and there's one of my Csound pieces in the
Electronica Meets Classical playlist.  :)

Jeff Harrington

http://jeffharrington.org

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Jeff Harrington
Thanks for listening and for your kind comments.

Jeff

On 3/6/2019 12:10 PM, Jeanette C. wrote:

> Mar 6 2019, Jeff Harrington has written:
>> Source (old school style):
>> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
> Hi Jeff,
> thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that. Especially thanks for providing the
> source code, since I don't have access to Spotify.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Jeff Harrington
Here's an MP3 for those without Spotify.

http://parnasse.com/temp/fragment_for_csound.mp3

Jeff

On 3/6/2019 9:37 AM, Jeff Harrington wrote:

> Hi Csound Folks!
>
> It's been a while, but I've got a new piece which uses Pinkston's DX7
> emulator with one of my glass DX7 patches in a short sustained 19EDO
> chorale.
>
> https://open.spotify.com/album/1bEO2x7RxzuBMTPGlHYxy6?si=ZmHGnxt0T0qSiqrwMF4Pvw
>
> Source (old school style):
> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
>
> Enjoy, any comments welcome...
>
> Jeff Harrington
> http://jeffharrington.org
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

rorywalsh
Just listening now. Very nice ;)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 15:05, Jeff Harrington <[hidden email]> wrote:
Here's an MP3 for those without Spotify.

http://parnasse.com/temp/fragment_for_csound.mp3

Jeff

On 3/6/2019 9:37 AM, Jeff Harrington wrote:
> Hi Csound Folks!
>
> It's been a while, but I've got a new piece which uses Pinkston's DX7
> emulator with one of my glass DX7 patches in a short sustained 19EDO
> chorale.
>
> https://open.spotify.com/album/1bEO2x7RxzuBMTPGlHYxy6?si=ZmHGnxt0T0qSiqrwMF4Pvw
>
> Source (old school style):
> http://parnasse.com/fragment_for_csound.zip
>
> Enjoy, any comments welcome...
>
> Jeff Harrington
> http://jeffharrington.org
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] New Csound Piece - fragment for csound

Doctor B
Rory,

Thanks for the link to the latest BETA of your amazing Cabbage !

-dB
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)
email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58