[Csnd] Matching acoustic absorption coefficients to reverb EQ parameters

[Csnd] Matching acoustic absorption coefficients to reverb EQ parameters

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
I've been wondering how best to convert absoprtion coefficients to EQ
parameters of certain reverbs in Csound. Say spat3d's EQ wall parameters or
the hrtfearly reverb, which is based on the eqfil plugin (>1 accentuate,
between 0-1 attenuate).

My simplistic thoughts: EQ-setting = 1-absorption coefficient at the given
frequency. If, in case of hrtfearly, the Q is set to a rather wide band (four
octaves) perhaps partially add in absorption coefficients from neighbouring
bands.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

They say, break away - I'm missing out on the fun and games <3
(Britney Spears)