[Csnd] Mass-spring

iron_attorney
Am I right in remembering there are some mass spring model opcodes in Csound somewhere? I've gone through the manual and tried googling, and I can't find one, but I'm sure I remember using one in the past

Re: [Csnd] Mass-spring

jpff
Could you be thinking of scanned synthesis?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 26, 2018, 12:18, at 12:18, Peter Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Am I right in remembering there are some mass spring model opcodes in
>Csound somewhere? I've gone through the manual and tried googling, and
>can't find one, but I'm sure I remember using one in the past
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Mass-spring

iron_attorney
That's the one! Cheers John

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018, 12:57 John ff, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you be thinking of scanned synthesis?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 26, 2018, 12:18, at 12:18, Peter Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Am I right in remembering there are some mass spring model opcodes in
>Csound somewhere? I've gone through the manual and tried googling, and
>can't find one, but I'm sure I remember using one in the past
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Mass-spring

If you use CsoundQt,  look at the examples, synths, Scanned synthesis sandbox.

Tarmo

26.08.2018 14:59 kirjutas kuupäeval "Peter Burgess" <[hidden email]>:
That's the one! Cheers John

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018, 12:57 John ff, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you be thinking of scanned synthesis?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Aug 26, 2018, 12:18, at 12:18, Peter Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
>Am I right in remembering there are some mass spring model opcodes in
>Csound somewhere? I've gone through the manual and tried googling, and
>can't find one, but I'm sure I remember using one in the past
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Mass-spring

iron_attorney
I'll check that out, cheers.

Out of interest, the scanu parameter:

ifnstif -- ftable that contains the spring stiffness of each connection. It should have the same size as the
square of the intended mass number. The data ordering is a row after row dump of the connection matrix
of the system.

numberOfMasses^2 number of connections will surely also connect the mass to itself won't it?