[Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Chuckk Hubbard
Are any manuals available online before version 5?  I still have 4.10
in pdf and really like the setup...

--
"Some people got attitude,
Backed up with attitude."
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Aidan Collins
the one online seems to only have the 5 stuff as a seperate section at the end.
I think the rest is the same.

On 5/10/05, Chuckk Hubbard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are any manuals available online before version 5?  I still have 4.10
> in pdf and really like the setup...
>
> --
> "Some people got attitude,
> Backed up with attitude."
> -G. Love
> --
> Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Conder's 4.23 manual is available from us:

www.nuim.ie/academic/music/musictec/manuals.shtml

At 14:02 10/05/2005, you wrote:

>Are any manuals available online before version 5?  I still have 4.10
>in pdf and really like the setup...
>

>--
>"Some people got attitude,
>Backed up with attitude."
>-G. Love
>--
>Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Music Technology Laboratory
Music Department
National University of Ireland, Maynooth

--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Chuckk Hubbard
It's actually completely different.  The 4 opcodes are listed
alphabetically in the reference section, but not organized in
sections.  Also, the typefaces are more similar to each other and all
left-justified, so it's not as obvious where a new opcode starts.  No
slight intended for whoever designed it, I'm just used to the old one.

-Chuckk

On 5/10/05, Aidan Collins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> the one online seems to only have the 5 stuff as a seperate section at the end.
> I think the rest is the same.

> On 5/10/05, Chuckk Hubbard <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Are any manuals available online before version 5?  I still have 4.10
> > in pdf and really like the setup...
> >
> > --
> > "Some people got attitude,
> > Backed up with attitude."
> > -G. Love
> > --
> > Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
> >               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

"Some people got attitude,
Backed up with attitude."
-G. Love
--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Chuckk Hubbard
Thanks, Victor.  I still like the 4.10 pdf setup, it's easier to
navigate.  Bookmarks on the left, organized by section, instead of
jumping all over the file to different opcodes.  I like that I can
read about all of the standard filter opcodes, for instance, just by
scrolling down, instead of having to keep hitting the back button.
Hmm.

-Chuckk

On 5/10/05, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Conder's 4.23 manual is available from us:
>
> www.nuim.ie/academic/music/musictec/manuals.shtml
>
> At 14:02 10/05/2005, you wrote:
> >Are any manuals available online before version 5?  I still have 4.10
> >in pdf and really like the setup...
> >

> >--
> >"Some people got attitude,
> >Backed up with attitude."
> >-G. Love
> >--
> >Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
> >               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Music Technology Laboratory
> Music Department
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

"Some people got attitude,
Backed up with attitude."
-G. Love
--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Anthony Kozar
I think that the last version of the manual with that format was for Csound
4.16.  It used to be available from
http://www.lakewoodsound.com/csound/index.htm but that is gone now.  And I
do not see it on Bath's ftp site or Csounds.com.

Try searching for "public csound reference manual" or "Boothe Csound
manual."  Also, I do have a copy here on my machine and would be happy to
zip it up and post it somewhere.

(I greatly preferred the layout of the old manual as well.  I am hoping to
do some work on the manual soon -- correcting all of the many errors and
omissions that I have been making a list of -- and I will see if it is
possible to provide an alternate layout for those of us who prefer frames
with easy navigation on the left ...)

Anthony

On 5/10/05 11:10 AM, Chuckk Hubbard <[hidden email]> etched in
stone:

--
Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
              (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Jeff Hall-4
I have the v4.16 manual, if only because I'm still using that version.
Don't need midi or real-time, so if anybody wants it I'll send it on...
   Ever Yours trogloditically,
Jeff Hall
> I think that the last version of the manual with that format was for
Csound

> 4.16.  It used to be available from
> http://www.lakewoodsound.com/csound/index.htm but that is gone now.  And I
> do not see it on Bath's ftp site or Csounds.com.
>
> Try searching for "public csound reference manual" or "Boothe Csound
> manual."  Also, I do have a copy here on my machine and would be happy to
> zip it up and post it somewhere.
>
> (I greatly preferred the layout of the old manual as well.  I am hoping to
> do some work on the manual soon -- correcting all of the many errors and
> omissions that I have been making a list of -- and I will see if it is
> possible to provide an alternate layout for those of us who prefer frames
> with easy navigation on the left ...)
>
> Anthony
>

> On 5/10/05 11:10 AM, Chuckk Hubbard <[hidden email]> etched in
> stone:
>
> > Thanks, Victor.  I still like the 4.10 pdf setup, it's easier to
> > navigate.  Bookmarks on the left, organized by section, instead of
> > jumping all over the file to different opcodes.  I like that I can
> > read about all of the standard filter opcodes, for instance, just by
> > scrolling down, instead of having to keep hitting the back button.
> > Hmm.
>
> --
> Send bugs reports to [hidden email]
>               (or to http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/cgi-bin/csound )

Re: [Csnd] Manuals besides 5

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Instead of having private lists of things to change, it'd be great if
everyone would use the manual tracker I set up at the csound
sourceforge site:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound

the direct link is:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=727182&group_id=81968&func=browse

As it is now, I have a mailbox full of starred items to get to that
are drowned away in other emails and thus haven't really the best idea
of what's to do (I know I've got Istvan's many additions to get to,
but besides that, not sure what other changes are there).  Using the
tracker ensures that the issue is logged and will be looked at and
addressed, and makes it easier to take care of (for me at least).

On 5/10/05, Jeff Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have the v4.16 manual, if only because I'm still using that version.
> Don't need midi or real-time, so if anybody wants it I'll send it on...
>    Ever Yours trogloditically,
> Jeff Hall

Hmm, would this be Feature Requests?

I feel kind of silly requesting it considering it was this way before
and someone went to the trouble of changing it.  If people were
requesting the current setup, maybe it's better for some people.

-Chuckk

On 5/10/05, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Instead of having private lists of things to change, it'd be great if
> everyone would use the manual tracker I set up at the csound
> sourceforge site:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound
>
> the direct link is:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=727182&group_id=81968&func=browse
>
> As it is now, I have a mailbox full of starred items to get to that
> are drowned away in other emails and thus haven't really the best idea
> of what's to do (I know I've got Istvan's many additions to get to,
> but besides that, not sure what other changes are there).  Using the
> tracker ensures that the issue is logged and will be looked at and
> addressed, and makes it easier to take care of (for me at least).
>
> Thanks,
> steven
>

> On 5/10/05, Jeff Hall <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have the v4.16 manual, if only because I'm still using that version.
> > Don't need midi or real-time, so if anybody wants it I'll send it on...
> >    Ever Yours trogloditically,
> > Jeff Hall

inicoderocker
On Tue, 10 May 2005, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> Thanks, Victor.  I still like the 4.10 pdf setup, it's easier to
> navigate.  Bookmarks on the left, organized by section, instead of
> jumping all over the file to different opcodes.  I like that I can
> read about all of the standard filter opcodes, for instance, just by
> scrolling down, instead of having to keep hitting the back button.
> Hmm.
>
> -Chuckk
I like to use lynx for things that have things all spread out, as long a
they are text readable anyway --then I can use the arrow keys to navigate.
I do like the older style though, and the one big flat text file for easy
/ searching, or at least fewer, larger html files.

   CR