[Csnd] MIDI

Celso Machado
Hello everyone!

I wrote a instrument which has quite a lot of parameters. I’m using it to record live with the use of a midi keyboard to control de parameters of the instrument with the pottermetters of the keyboard. I’m having to “midi learn” all the time each of the parameter when I open my project.
Is there a way to save the Midi keyboard set up so I don’t need to do midi learn always?
All the best,

Celso Machado

Re: [Csnd] MIDI

rorywalsh
Do you mean MIDI learn in CsoundQT? You can hard code the controller using ctrl7:
You may also want to check out ctrlinit:

On 27 February 2017 at 18:10, Celso Machado <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wrote a instrument which has quite a lot of parameters. I’m using it to record live with the use of a midi keyboard to control de parameters of the instrument with the pottermetters of the keyboard. I’m having to “midi learn” all the time each of the parameter when I open my project.
Is there a way to save the Midi keyboard set up so I don’t need to do midi learn always?
All the best,

Celso Machado

Re: [Csnd] MIDI

joachim-3
hi celso -

actually the csoundqt midi assignments should stay once you set them.
if not, please report it to the csoundqt user list or via a github issue:
https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/issues

please tell then which version of csoundqt you are using, and which os
version.

danke und viele grüsse!

        joachim

On 27/02/17 20:05, Celso Machado wrote:

> Thanks Rory, yes i meant the CsoundQT. I will check this link! Thank you!
>
>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 19:19, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Do you mean MIDI learn in CsoundQT? You can hard code the controller
>> using ctrl7:
>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrl7.html
>> You may also want to check out ctrlinit:
>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrlinit.html
>>
>> On 27 February 2017 at 18:10, Celso Machado <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hello everyone!
>>
>>     I wrote a instrument which has quite a lot of parameters. I’m
>>     using it to record live with the use of a midi keyboard to control
>>     de parameters of the instrument with the pottermetters of the
>>     keyboard. I’m having to “midi learn” all the time each of the
>>     parameter when I open my project.
>>     Is there a way to save the Midi keyboard set up so I don’t need to
>>     do midi learn always?
>>     All the best,
>>
>>     Celso Machado
>>     Csound mailing list
>>     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>>     Send bugs reports to
>>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can be posted here
>
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] MIDI

Celso Machado
Hi Joachim, I carried on working and testing and it’s working as it should. I might have done something wrong when setting up the keyboard parameters. If I notice something I will report.
Liebe grüße
Celso

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 20:42, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi celso -
>
> actually the csoundqt midi assignments should stay once you set them. if not, please report it to the csoundqt user list or via a github issue:
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/issues
>
> please tell then which version of csoundqt you are using, and which os version.
>
> danke und viele grüsse!
>
> joachim
>

> On 27/02/17 20:05, Celso Machado wrote:
>> Thanks Rory, yes i meant the CsoundQT. I will check this link! Thank you!
>>
>>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 19:19, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you mean MIDI learn in CsoundQT? You can hard code the controller
>>> using ctrl7:
>>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrl7.html
>>> You may also want to check out ctrlinit:
>>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrlinit.html
>>>
>>> On 27 February 2017 at 18:10, Celso Machado <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hello everyone!
>>>
>>>    I wrote a instrument which has quite a lot of parameters. I’m
>>>    using it to record live with the use of a midi keyboard to control
>>>    de parameters of the instrument with the pottermetters of the
>>>    keyboard. I’m having to “midi learn” all the time each of the
>>>    parameter when I open my project.
>>>    Is there a way to save the Midi keyboard set up so I don’t need to
>>>    do midi learn always?
>>>    All the best,
>>>
>>>    Celso Machado
>>>    Csound mailing list
>>>    [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>    https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>>    <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>>>    Send bugs reports to
>>>            https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>    <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>>>    Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>>> features can be posted here
>>
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] MIDI

Tarmo Johannes-3
I am glad it is working as expected!
Tarmo

28.02.2017 0:10 kirjutas kuupäeval "Celso Machado" <[hidden email]>:
Hi Joachim, I carried on working and testing and it’s working as it should. I might have done something wrong when setting up the keyboard parameters. If I notice something I will report.
Liebe grüße
Celso

> On Feb 27, 2017, at 20:42, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> hi celso -
>
> actually the csoundqt midi assignments should stay once you set them. if not, please report it to the csoundqt user list or via a github issue:
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/issues
>
> please tell then which version of csoundqt you are using, and which os version.
>
> danke und viele grüsse!
>
>       joachim
>

> On 27/02/17 20:05, Celso Machado wrote:
>> Thanks Rory, yes i meant the CsoundQT. I will check this link! Thank you!
>>
>>> On Feb 27, 2017, at 19:19, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do you mean MIDI learn in CsoundQT? You can hard code the controller
>>> using ctrl7:
>>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrl7.html
>>> You may also want to check out ctrlinit:
>>> http://csound.github.io/docs/manual/ctrlinit.html
>>>
>>> On 27 February 2017 at 18:10, Celso Machado <[hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hello everyone!
>>>
>>>    I wrote a instrument which has quite a lot of parameters. I’m
>>>    using it to record live with the use of a midi keyboard to control
>>>    de parameters of the instrument with the pottermetters of the
>>>    keyboard. I’m having to “midi learn” all the time each of the
>>>    parameter when I open my project.
>>>    Is there a way to save the Midi keyboard set up so I don’t need to
>>>    do midi learn always?
>>>    All the best,
>>>
>>>    Celso Machado
>>>    Csound mailing list
>>>    [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>>    https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>>    <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>>>    Send bugs reports to
>>>            https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>    <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>>>    Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> <mailto:[hidden email]>
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and