[Csnd] Live Code - Feedback Delay

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I thought I'd share a live code session from today working with Csound
and using Feedback Delay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEiUC-E_lL0

The coding of the effect and instrument take up the first two minutes
and music making starts up after that is all set up.  I go through a
few methods of pitch generation (direct number, sequential, sampling
of an oscillator).  I will be covering these at the ICMC workshop and
will add to the project's documentation as time permits.

The video also shows some recent things from the csound-live-code project:

1. Updated User Interface
2. sbus UDOs (stereo bus):
https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-live-code/blob/master/livecode.orc#L831-L864
3. start UDO for simpler singleton always-on effects:
https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-live-code/blob/master/livecode.orc#L749-L756

Of these, the start UDO isn't shown much here, but I've been using it
a lot recently with continuous sound processes. (I have another video
planned that will show more of this in use. I will post when I have a
chance to record it.)

Thanks and enjoy!

Re: [Csnd] Live Code - Feedback Delay

thorin kerr
That was quite pleasant. Thank you.

Thank you also for the Start udo. The amount of times I've accidentally piled up stacks of reverbs with no way to stop them!

Thorin

On Mon, 30 Jul. 2018, 12:48 pm Steven Yi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Glad that's useful!  I also was getting into situations where I was
getting double effects and this ended up doing the tricky nicely. :)
I just recorded another live code session where I use the start UDO
for most of the video which I'll post in a separate email.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:08 AM thorin kerr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That was quite pleasant. Thank you.
>
> Thank you also for the Start udo. The amount of times I've accidentally piled up stacks of reverbs with no way to stop them!
>
> Thorin
>

> On Mon, 30 Jul. 2018, 12:48 pm Steven Yi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I thought I'd share a live code session from today working with Csound
>> and using Feedback Delay:
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEiUC-E_lL0
>>
>> The coding of the effect and instrument take up the first two minutes
>> and music making starts up after that is all set up.  I go through a
>> few methods of pitch generation (direct number, sequential, sampling
>> of an oscillator).  I will be covering these at the ICMC workshop and
>> will add to the project's documentation as time permits.
>>
>> The video also shows some recent things from the csound-live-code project:
>>
>> 1. Updated User Interface
>> 2. sbus UDOs (stereo bus):
>> https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-live-code/blob/master/livecode.orc#L831-L864
>> 3. start UDO for simpler singleton always-on effects:
>> https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-live-code/blob/master/livecode.orc#L749-L756
>>
>> Of these, the start UDO isn't shown much here, but I've been using it
>> a lot recently with continuous sound processes. (I have another video
>> planned that will show more of this in use. I will post when I have a
>> chance to record it.)
>>
>> Thanks and enjoy!
>> steven

Re: [Csnd] Live Code - Feedback Delay

akjmicro
Agreed that this was really quite pleasant and meditative!

Cheers,
AKJ

Aaron Krister Johnson
http://www.untwelve.org