[Csnd] Library for Open Music

12

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Adam
Please can anyone confirm if OM runs on 64-bit architecture only?
Thus not 32-bit.

On Sun, 2018-04-15 at 11:20 -0400, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thanks for sharing this!  I was able to install this into OM 6.12 on
> Windows 10 without problems. I've only managed to look through a few
> of the examples but it's a wonderful resource and tool.
>
> Thanks again!
> steven
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> > algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT
> > (fdsdb,
> > Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
> >
> > It can be downloaded here:
> > https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsd
> > b_xxth_ct-for-open-music
> >
> > Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> > (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful
> > in
> > connection with them.
> >
> > Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
> >
> > Best
> >

> > fdsdb
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Marc Demers-2
Windows 32 and 64 bits... but Csound run on 64 bits on Windows. As for Mac, I don’t know...

Please can anyone confirm if OM runs on 64-bit architecture only?
Thus not 32-bit.

On Sun, 2018-04-15 at 11:20 -0400, Steven Yi wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thanks for sharing this!  I was able to install this into OM 6.12 on
> Windows 10 without problems. I've only managed to look through a few
> of the examples but it's a wonderful resource and tool.
>
> Thanks again!
> steven
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> > algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT
> > (fdsdb,
> > Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
> >
> > It can be downloaded here:
> > https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsd
> > b_xxth_ct-for-open-music
> >
> > Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> > (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful
> > in
> > connection with them.
> >
> > Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
> >
> > Best
> >

> > fdsdb
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis

I apologize for delay (very busy period). I am not able to answer all
questions, I will try something, hoping this helps and it is not
repetitive or trivial. Eventually it is possible to subscribe to Open
Music user list and to ask there.

(1) I have connected Qsynth to Open Music, and quarter tones are
performed. To have/visualize them in a score object (voice for example)
you must open (double click) the voice class and set Approx to 1/4

(2) You can listen to produced sound also inside OM. But I think not in
real time, you must compile the audio file. I enclose a little example
(please, note: oscil class can be "forced" to other type of opcodes,
simply changing the name of the opcode. I have not tested all solutions,
but I thing it should have to run). You can import .omp file inside an
OM workspace

I am not very acquainted to use OSC protocol, perhaps it can be useful
to import OSC tutorial (from OM Help menu).
I know there is an experimental (beta?) version of OM, denominated om7,
on githube and ircamforge site, but I think it is only for OsX. It try
to be more responsive for real time. Here are the links:
https://openmusic-project.github.io/
https://forge.ircam.fr/p/OM7/ (libraries)

I apologize if I have repeated known infos.

Ciao

fdsdb

csoundexample.omp (52K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Adam
The reason I ask, is that this page suggests OM under Linux is only 64-
bit, not for 32-bit architecture.

http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/linux

So maybe I don't understand, as surely Common Lisp is Common Lisp on
any architecture.

On Thu, 2018-04-19 at 10:31 +0000, Marc Demers wrote:

> Windows 32 and 64 bits... but Csound run on 64 bits on Windows. As
> for Mac, I don’t know...
>
> Obtenez Outlook pour iOS

Michael Gogins-2
Common Lisp is a language specification that must be implemented in a program to do any work, and that program must be compiled to a specific CPU architecture. The version of OpenMusic I am running on Ubuntu is compiled to 64 bit CPU arcitecture, which means that your information is out of date. It looks like OpenMusic is now based on a 64 bit version of LispWorks.

Using this release of OpenMusic, I have been able to use CFFI to directly call the Csound API of the 64 bit Csound library.

12