[Csnd] Library for Open Music

12

[Csnd] Library for Open Music

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
Hi All,

I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
Composition Techniques of XXth Century).

It can be downloaded here:
https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
(OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
connection with them.

Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.

Best

fdsdb

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Is it still required to run OpenMusic on a proprietary Lisp, or is it
now possible to use something like Steel Bank Common Lisp?

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
> Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
>
> It can be downloaded here:
> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music
>
> Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
> connection with them.
>
> Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
>
> Best
>

> fdsdb

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
Hi Mike,

On OsX and Linux it is an autonomous program, so you have not to load it
into a lisp environment, and it should be the same on windows. There is
also this possibility, I suppose, using the sources. I think you can
find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download (sorry, I
am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be not
very exact).

Best

fdsdb

Il giorno sab, 14/04/2018 alle 13.40 -0400, Michael Gogins ha scritto:

> Thanks!
>
> Is it still required to run OpenMusic on a proprietary Lisp, or is it
> now possible to use something like Steel Bank Common Lisp?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> > algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
> > Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
> >
> > It can be downloaded here:
> > https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music
> >
> > Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> > (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
> > connection with them.
> >
> > Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
> >
> > Best
> >

> > fdsdb
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Michael Gogins-2
I'll check it out, thanks. I work on Linux.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> On OsX and Linux it is an autonomous program, so you have not to load it
> into a lisp environment, and it should be the same on windows. There is
> also this possibility, I suppose, using the sources. I think you can
> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download (sorry, I
> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be not
> very exact).
>
> Best
>

> fdsdb
>
> Il giorno sab, 14/04/2018 alle 13.40 -0400, Michael Gogins ha scritto:
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Is it still required to run OpenMusic on a proprietary Lisp, or is it
>> now possible to use something like Steel Bank Common Lisp?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
>> > algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
>> > Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
>> >
>> > It can be downloaded here:
>> > https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music
>> >
>> > Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
>> > (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
>> > connection with them.
>> >
>> > Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
>> >
>> > Best
>> >

>> > fdsdb
>> >
>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Michael Gogins-2
I'm happy to report that https://forge.ircam.fr/p/OM/downloads/get/OM_6.13.deb installed without a hitch on Ubuntu 17.10. I successfully ran one of your tutorials. I couldn't seem to get audio output to work, but I did export MusicXML and play it with MuseScore.

I haven't tried to get the Csound export stuff working, and I'm not at all sure it's how I would want to work anyway; I would be tempted as usual to embed Csound and the Csound orchestra code right into the OpenMusic piece. I know Lisp can support multi-line text variables for embedding the orchestra, does the Lisp environment in OpenMusic support cffi for embedding Csound? I suppose I will just have to try it.

Anyway, Csounders should know, if they don't already, that OpenMusic is one of the deepest, if not the deepest, algorithmic composition systems in existence. It runs out of the box on Linux, and it is equipped to work with Csound.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'll check it out, thanks. I work on Linux.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> On OsX and Linux it is an autonomous program, so you have not to load it
>> into a lisp environment, and it should be the same on windows. There is
>> also this possibility, I suppose, using the sources. I think you can
>> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download (sorry, I
>> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be not
>> very exact).
>>
>> Best
>>

>> fdsdb
>>
>> Il giorno sab, 14/04/2018 alle 13.40 -0400, Michael Gogins ha scritto:
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Is it still required to run OpenMusic on a proprietary Lisp, or is it
>>> now possible to use something like Steel Bank Common Lisp?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike

>>> Michael Gogins
>>> Irreducible Productions
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

PMA-3
Thank you, Michael!
All best,
Peter

On 04/14/2018 04:29 PM, Michael Gogins wrote:

> I'm happy to report that
> https://forge.ircam.fr/p/OM/downloads/get/OM_6.13.deb installed without a
> hitch on Ubuntu 17.10. I successfully ran one of your tutorials. I couldn't
> seem to get audio output to work, but I did export MusicXML and play it
> with MuseScore.
>
> I haven't tried to get the Csound export stuff working, and I'm not at all
> sure it's how I would want to work anyway; I would be tempted as usual to
> embed Csound and the Csound orchestra code right into the OpenMusic piece.
> I know Lisp can support multi-line text variables for embedding the
> orchestra, does the Lisp environment in OpenMusic support cffi for
> embedding Csound? I suppose I will just have to try it.
>
> Anyway, Csounders should know, if they don't already, that OpenMusic is one
> of the deepest, if not the deepest, algorithmic composition systems in
> existence. It runs out of the box on Linux, and it is equipped to work with
> Csound.

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Michael Gogins <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>> I'll check it out, thanks. I work on Linux.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> On OsX and Linux it is an autonomous program, so you have not to load it
>>> into a lisp environment, and it should be the same on windows. There is
>>> also this possibility, I suppose, using the sources. I think you can
>>> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download (sorry, I
>>> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be not
>>> very exact).
>>>
>>> Best
>>>

>>> fdsdb

> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

forrest
Installing on Ubuntu 17.10 on an X86-64 machine...
The .deb package said it was installing, but showed no visible sign of this.
By opening the directory as root, I could get it installed into  /usr/share/openmusic

whereup it now shows up on the menu in the 'programming' category. When I run it, it begins by asking for a workspace

and regardless of how I proceed from there:

ERROR: Illegal instruction(4) [code 0] at 7FFBC0EBB770
        Unknown foreign code in module "/usr/share/openmusic/resources/lib/linux/OMAudioLib.so" [ #x7FFBC0DB6000 ]
rax 7FFBC1205A00 ; rbx 7FFBD81F18A8 ; rcx 7FFBD80008C8 ; rdx 7FFBC1470190
rsp 7FFBE502FAA8 ; rbp 7FFBD81F18B0 ; rdi 7FFBD81F18C8 ; rsi 7FFBD82130C0
r8  7FFBC0DE9E60 ; r9  7FFBC0DE9E60 ; r10         10FE ; r11 7FFBC084C440
r12 7FFBD81F18C8 ; r13 7FFBE0000B10 ; r14   4000049839 ; r15   40D0FF8FBC

----------
I'll need to compile from source to fit the architecture?

Forrest Curo
San Diego

<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
Composition Techniques of XXth Century).

It can be downloaded here:

https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
(OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
connection with them.

Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.

Best

fdsdb

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

forrest
Thanks, Nautilus seems to be an infinitely-better file explorer.

That seems to work better... but I may need to remove the previous installation to get it working now. (Will need to be later.)

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

forrest
Even after tearing out my botched installation --

the deb installer says 'all dependencies satisfied', and says it installs -- but the installed files crash as before.

On the deb installer there's another  section called 'lintian output' that produces miles of error messages (mainly 'wrong file owner') and ends w 'exit status 1.'

(help?)

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM, Forrest Curo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Nautilus seems to be an infinitely-better file explorer.

That seems to work better... but I may need to remove the previous installation to get it working now. (Will need to be later.)

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

genell
If you remove your latest attempt and then use the command
sudo dpkg -i your_installation_file.deb
to install then maybe there will be some messages during installation that could be useful?

Regards,
Anders

15 apr. 2018 kl. 06:49 skrev Forrest Curo <[hidden email]>:

Even after tearing out my botched installation --

the deb installer says 'all dependencies satisfied', and says it installs -- but the installed files crash as before.

On the deb installer there's another  section called 'lintian output' that produces miles of error messages (mainly 'wrong file owner') and ends w 'exit status 1.'

(help?)

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM, Forrest Curo <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Nautilus seems to be an infinitely-better file explorer.

That seems to work better... but I may need to remove the previous installation to get it working now. (Will need to be later.)

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
Hi Mike,

Happy to know OM runs perfectly in Ubuntu. I am going to try to answer
to some questions:

- for listening to output (midi output) it is necessary before to open
an external synth (suppose qsynth), and then in OM menu OM6.13 ->
Preferences to select MIDI option and Ports setup to choose the external
synthesizer. OM can work by ALSA or Jack indifferently. When you have a
score class with notes, you selct it, press v and it plays sending midi
output to your external synthesizer

- for using Csound from inside OM I suggest you to use the apposite
library, mainly Stroppa's OMChroma. It can be downloaded from Ircam
forum site (after free registration), and it is free. Here is the link:

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/shop/fr/forumnet/57-libraries-openmusic.html

OMChroma has some predefined instruments, but you can create yours own
and use them inside OM like a class of OMChroma. It is all well
documented here:

http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om-libraries/omchroma/co/OMChroma.html
(general manual)

http://support.ircam.fr/docs/om-libraries/omchroma/co/Creating%20a%20new
%20Class.html (creating a new class)

I think these are the faster ways to use own code inside OM, but of
course there can be several methods connected with Lisp language
characteristics.

I hope this information can be useful.

Ciao

fdsdb

Il giorno sab, 14/04/2018 alle 20.29 +0000, Michael Gogins ha scritto:

> I'm happy to report that
> https://forge.ircam.fr/p/OM/downloads/get/OM_6.13.deb installed
> without a hitch on Ubuntu 17.10. I successfully ran one of your
> tutorials. I couldn't seem to get audio output to work, but I did
> export MusicXML and play it with MuseScore.
>
> I haven't tried to get the Csound export stuff working, and I'm not at
> all sure it's how I would want to work anyway; I would be tempted as
> usual to embed Csound and the Csound orchestra code right into the
> OpenMusic piece. I know Lisp can support multi-line text variables for
> embedding the orchestra, does the Lisp environment in OpenMusic
> support cffi for embedding Csound? I suppose I will just have to try
> it.
>
> Anyway, Csounders should know, if they don't already, that OpenMusic
> is one of the deepest, if not the deepest, algorithmic composition
> systems in existence. It runs out of the box on Linux, and it is
> equipped to work with Csound.

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Michael Gogins
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'll check it out, thanks. I work on Linux.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Mike

> > Michael Gogins
> > Irreducible Productions
> > http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> > Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
> >

> > On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:01 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi Mike,
> >>
> >> On OsX and Linux it is an autonomous program, so you have not to
> load it
> >> into a lisp environment, and it should be the same on windows.
> There is
> >> also this possibility, I suppose, using the sources. I think you
> can
> >> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download
> (sorry, I
> >> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be
> not
> >> very exact).
> >>
> >> Best
> >>

> >> fdsdb

> it

> my
> (fdsdb,

> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

> Csound
> useful in

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

forrest
still no go. [Problem may be in a earlier unsuccessful attempt to install something which led to the wrong version of lispworks(?)]
----
 forrest@lapcritter:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -p openmusic
dpkg-query: package 'openmusic' is not available
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
forrest@lapcritter:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -r openmusic
(Reading database ... 480844 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing openmusic (6.13) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.3+17.10.20170810-0ubuntu1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-6ubuntu5) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.11.94-0ubuntu2) ...
forrest@lapcritter:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i OM_6.13.deb
Selecting previously unselected package openmusic.
(Reading database ... 478978 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack OM_6.13.deb ...
Unpacking openmusic (6.13) ...
Setting up openmusic (6.13) ...
Processing triggers for fontconfig (2.11.94-0ubuntu2) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.3+17.10.20170810-0ubuntu1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1ubuntu3) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-6ubuntu5) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
forrest@lapcritter:~/Downloads$
 ---------------------

[same errors if I try to run this.]

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 5:07 AM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> can
> >> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download
> (sorry, I
> >> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be
> not
> >> very exact).
> >>
> >> Best
> >>

> >> fdsdb

> it

> my
> (fdsdb,

> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

> Csound
> useful in

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Oh... ldd doesn't show anything missing:

forrest@lapcritter:~$ ldd /usr/bin/openmusic
    linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffd5fffb000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fafb578c000)
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fafb556d000)
    librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fafb5365000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fafb4f85000)
    /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fafb5990000)

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 7:36 AM, Forrest Curo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> can
> >> find some news here: http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/download
> (sorry, I
> >> am a musician, not a programmer, so probably my terminology can be
> not
> >> very exact).
> >>
> >> Best
> >>

> >> fdsdb

> it

> my
> (fdsdb,

> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music

> Csound
> useful in

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Sorry for OM installation problems on Ubuntu, I can not be able to help
you because I am on Fedora 20, an old distribution.
I can suggest you to search in OM user-group on Ircam forum (you must
subscribe - it is free - for putting questions) if there is a solution,
or to put your question. Here are the addresses of linux group and of
general group:

http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/linux-users-group/
http://forumnet.ircam.fr/user-groups/openmusic/

I hope this helps.

Ciao

fdsdb

Il giorno dom, 15/04/2018 alle 07.36 -0700, Forrest Curo ha scritto:

> [...]
>         > >> Csound mailing list
>         > >> [hidden email]
>         > >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>         > >> Send bugs reports to
>         > >>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>         > >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>         >
>         >
>         > Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>         > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs
>         reports to
>         > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs
>         and
>         > features can be posted here
>
>         Csound mailing list
>         [hidden email]
>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>         Send bugs reports to
>                 https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>         Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for sharing this!  I was able to install this into OM 6.12 on
Windows 10 without problems. I've only managed to look through a few
of the examples but it's a wonderful resource and tool.

Thanks again!
steven

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
> Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
>
> It can be downloaded here:
> https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music
>
> Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
> connection with them.
>
> Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
>
> Best
>

> fdsdb

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Useful indeed, thanks.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:07 AM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> usual to embed Csound and the Csound orchestra code right into the
>> OpenMusic piece. I know Lisp can support multi-line text variables for
>> embedding the orchestra, does the Lisp environment in OpenMusic
>> support cffi for embedding Csound? I suppose I will just have to try
>> it.
>>
>> Anyway, Csounders should know, if they don't already, that OpenMusic
>> is one of the deepest, if not the deepest, algorithmic composition
>> systems in existence. It runs out of the box on Linux, and it is
>> equipped to work with Csound.

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:44 PM, Michael Gogins
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'll check it out, thanks. I work on Linux.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for feedback, happy it runs.
(And thank you also for your amazing Blue software)

Best

Fabio

Il giorno dom, 15/04/2018 alle 11.20 -0400, Steven Yi ha scritto:

> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thanks for sharing this!  I was able to install this into OM 6.12 on
> Windows 10 without problems. I've only managed to look through a few
> of the examples but it's a wonderful resource and tool.
>
> Thanks again!
> steven
>

> On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I hope not to be off topic: I wanted only announce I have ended my
> > algorithmic composition library for Open Music FDSDB_XXth_CT (fdsdb,
> > Composition Techniques of XXth Century).
> >
> > It can be downloaded here:
> > https://sites.google.com/site/fdsdbmascagnienglishversion/code/fdsdb_xxth_ct-for-open-music
> >
> > Because in Open Music there are several libraries founded on Csound
> > (OMChroma, OMPrisma, Om2Csound), perhaps this library can be useful in
> > connection with them.
> >
> > Otherwise I apologize if I am off topic.
> >
> > Best
> >

> > fdsdb
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Library for Open Music

Michael Gogins-2
More on this. I have been able to use OpenMusic to render some
tutorial patches as follows:

(1) By sending MIDI messages which a running instance of Csound with a
MIDI orchestra renders in real time. For 12 tone equal temperament
this works great; other things would be harder, or even too hard.

(2) By running OM2Csound. This works well for writing soundfiles,
allows one to embed one's own orchestra code in a patch, etc.

I did not try OMChroma or OM-Spat.

I experienced the following problems:

(1) I wanted to try the OSC player but the OSC player configuration
dialog was blank and didn't allow setting the port.

(2) It seems OM2Csound doesn't do real-time output. I may try
customizing the library.

(3) It seems that the real-time audio configuration dialog is partly
blank. This may be why the soundfile generated by OM2Csound, while
playable from Audacity, could not be played (or rather, played
silently) in OpenMusic itself.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com