Forwarded as requested -- a little off-topic
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr. Marko Ciciliani <[hidden email]>
I wanted to bring the call for application of the IEM Artist Residency
2019 to your attention, which is being announced today. I would be
grateful if you could post it on the c-sound list you are managing as the
residency program could be interesting for many followers of this list.
Thank you and best wishes,
IEM Music Residency Program 2019 - Call for Applications
The IEM – Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics – in Graz, Austria is happy to announce its call for the 2019 Artist-in-Residence program.
The residency is aimed at individuals wishing to pursue projects in performance, composition, installation, sound art, development of tools for art production, and related areas. Individuals are asked to submit a project proposal that is related to the fields of artistic research of the IEM, as:
* Algorithmic Composition
* Algorithmic Experimentation
* Dynamical Systems
* Experimental Game Design
* Live Coding
* Sonic Interaction Design
* Spatialization/higher-order Ambisonics
* Standard and non-standard Sound Synthesis
Duration of residency: 5 months
Start date: June 1st 2019 (negotiable)
Monthly salary: approx. EUR 1100 (net)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 1st of May 2018
The Institute of Electronic Music and Acoustics is a department of the University of Music and Performing Arts Graz founded in 1965. It is a leading institution in its field, with more than 35 staff members of researchers and artists. IEM offers education to students in composition and computer music, sound engineering, sound design, contemporary music performance, and musicology. It is well connected to the University of Technology, the University of Graz as well as to the University of Applied Sciences Joanneum through three joint study programs.
The artwork produced at IEM is released through the Institute's own Open CUBE and Signale concert series, as well as through various collaborations with international artists and institutions.
What we expect from applicants:
- A project proposal that adds new perspectives to the Institute's activities and resonates well with the interests of IEM.
- Willingness to work on-site in Graz for the most part of the Residency.
- Willingness to exchange and share ideas, knowledge and results with IEM staff members and students, and engage in scholarly discussions.
- The ability to work independently within the Institute.
- A dissemination strategy as part of the project proposal that ensures the publication of the work, or documentation thereof, in a suitable format. This could be achieved for example through the release of media, journal or conference publication, a project website, or other means that help to preserve the knowledge gained through the Music Residency and make it available to the public.
- A public presentation as e.g. a concert or installation, which presents the results of the Artist Residency.
What we offer:
- 24/7 access to the facilities of the IEM.
- Exchange with competent and experienced staff members.
- A desk in a shared office space for the entire period and access to studios including the CUBE , according to availability.
- Extensive access to the studios of the IEM during the period from July 1st until end of September.
- access to the IKOsahedron loudspeaker 
- access to the “Autoklavierspieler” 
- infrared motion tracking systems
- Regular possibilities for contact and exchange with peers from similar or other disciplines.
- Concert and presentation facilities (CUBE 24 channel loudspeaker concert space).
- A monthly salary of approx. EUR 1100 net per month in addition to health and accident insurance.
What we cannot offer to the successful applicant:
- We can not provide any housing.
- We also cannot provide continuous assistance and support, although the staff is generally willing to help where possible.
- We can not host artist duos or groups, because of spatial limitations.
- We can not offer any additional financial support for travel or material expenses.
An application form providing more information is available at http://residency.iem.at/ <http://residency.iem.at/>
Feel free to contact [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> if you have any questions.
 The Cube has a 24-channel loudspeaker system
 http://iko.sonible.com/ <http://iko.sonible.com/>
 http://algo.mur.at/projects/autoklavierspieler <http://algo.mur.at/projects/autoklavierspieler>
Univ.-Prof. Marko Ciciliani, PhD
IEM – Institut für Elektronische Musik und Akustik
Inffeldgasse 10/3, A-8010 Graz
T +43 (0) 316 / 389-3174
Csound mailing list
Send bugs reports to
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|