[Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Enrico Francioni-2
Hello to all the Csounders!

Returning to the proposal to carry out the next ICSC 2019 in Italy, I ask if it really was (really) possible to realize this "dream".
In fact, now there is an organizational staff able to organize the meeting in Italy.

Would it really be possible to host the ICSC 2019 in Italy?
... Is a location already set elsewhere?

I look forward to having an update and an answer on this subject,
See you soon…

Enrico

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

To me Italy seems to be one of the top Csound countries in the world! -  the
long traditions, big and active community, education in several
conservatories, good composers, very strong electronic music background in
general.

If ICSC 2019 would take place in Italy, I think it were just great! If, then
where?

greetings,
tarmo

On kolmapäev, 18. aprill 2018 15:42.13 EEST you wrote:

> Hello to all the Csounders!
>
> Returning to the proposal to carry out the next ICSC 2019 in Italy, I ask if
> it really was (really) possible to realize this "dream". In fact, now there
> is an organizational staff able to organize the meeting in Italy.
>
> Would it really be possible to host the ICSC 2019 in Italy?
> ... Is a location already set elsewhere?
>
> I look forward to having an update and an answer on this subject,
> See you soon…
>
> Enrico

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Victor Lazzarini-2
I have to agree it is a great idea

> On 18 Apr 2018, at 20:58, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To me Italy seems to be one of the top Csound countries in the world! -  the
> long traditions, big and active community, education in several
> conservatories, good composers, very strong electronic music background in
> general.
>
> If ICSC 2019 would take place in Italy, I think it were just great! If, then
> where?
>
> greetings,
> tarmo
>
>> On kolmapäev, 18. aprill 2018 15:42.13 EEST you wrote:
>> Hello to all the Csounders!
>>
>> Returning to the proposal to carry out the next ICSC 2019 in Italy, I ask if
>> it really was (really) possible to realize this "dream". In fact, now there
>> is an organizational staff able to organize the meeting in Italy.
>>
>> Would it really be possible to host the ICSC 2019 in Italy?
>> ... Is a location already set elsewhere?
>>
>> I look forward to having an update and an answer on this subject,
>> See you soon…
>>
>> Enrico

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

briandc

Me too!

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 20:25:07 +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

I have to agree it is a great idea

On 18 Apr 2018, at 20:58, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote: Hi, To me Italy seems to be one of the top Csound countries in the world! - the long traditions, big and active community, education in several conservatories, good composers, very strong electronic music background in general. If ICSC 2019 would take place in Italy, I think it were just great! If, then where? greetings, tarmo
On kolmapäev, 18. aprill 2018 15:42.13 EEST you wrote: Hello to all the Csounders! Returning to the proposal to carry out the next ICSC 2019 in Italy, I ask if it really was (really) possible to realize this "dream". In fact, now there is an organizational staff able to organize the meeting in Italy. Would it really be possible to host the ICSC 2019 in Italy? ... Is a location already set elsewhere? I look forward to having an update and an answer on this subject, See you soon… Enrico Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

mdp

[Csnd] AW: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

mdp

Dear Enrico, dear all,

I am very happy to help for my part.

Till next,

Michele

> On 18 Apr 2018, at 20:58, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To me Italy seems to be one of the top Csound countries in the world! -  the
> long traditions, big and active community, education in several
> conservatories, good composers, very strong electronic music background in
> general.
>
> If ICSC 2019 would take place in Italy, I think it were just great! If, then
> where?
>
> greetings,
> tarmo
>
>> On kolmapäev, 18. aprill 2018 15:42.13 EEST you wrote:
>> Hello to all the Csounders!
>>
>> Returning to the proposal to carry out the next ICSC 2019 in Italy, I ask if
>> it really was (really) possible to realize this "dream". In fact, now there
>> is an organizational staff able to organize the meeting in Italy.
>>
>> Would it really be possible to host the ICSC 2019 in Italy?
>> ... Is a location already set elsewhere?
>>
>> I look forward to having an update and an answer on this subject,
>> See you soon…
>>
>> Enrico

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Gleb
That is just great, Enrico! Superb! Count me in!

-----
Gleb Rogozinsky, PhD
Associated Professor
Interactive Arts Department
Saint-Petersburg University of Film and Television

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications
--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Gleb Rogozinsky, PhD
Associated Professor
Interactive Arts Department
Saint-Petersburg University of Film and Television

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications

(21) 3497-0193

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Enrico Francioni-2
Hello everyone!

Many thanks to Tarmo, Victor, Brian, Michele, Gleb, Marcelo and to all the others who have written to me privately (or who will write to me in the next hours), to have appreciated the idea of performing the ICSC 2019 in Italy and precisely in CAGLI (province of Pesaro and Urbino), a land rich in cultural traditions ...

I would be very happy if Csound's management decided that the next ICSC could really take place in Italy.

Even Laura Muncaciu (Director of the Academy of the Theater of Cagli-PU) would be enthusiastic about this choice, as well as Eugenio Giordani (professor of Electronic Music at the Conservatory of Pesaro) and Alessandro Petrolati (developer, pianist and composer) that, I am sure , will give their best for the success of the Csound 2019 Conference.

Ad maiora!

Enrico

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

luis jure
el 2018-04-20 a las 13:51 Enrico Francioni escribió:

> I would be very happy if Csound's management decided that the next ICSC
> could really take place in Italy.

hi, enrico.

congratulations for the next ICSC in italy. i think it's a great idea, so
much so that i might even have suggested that on the list at one moment. i
can't remember if i did, but i definitely thought about doing so.

however, as you may know, the only requisite to organize the ICSC is
deciding to do so and announcing it. there's no "management" pertaining to
the csound conference, no ICSC organization committee or anything. so
there's no need for you to wait for anyone's "authorization", you only
need to feel confident that the idea would be well received in the
community and that you would have enough attendants. and go ahead with
it...

as you see, many people here agree that for many reasons italy would be a
great place to have an ICSC, and i doubt anyone would disagree. so i would
suggest that you simply confirm as soon as possible that you'll be
organizing the next ICSC in cagli, and also announce the dates as soon as
possible so we can all plan and organize our trip (specially those of us
who would need more than 20 hours to reach cagli...).

best,

lj

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Anton Kholomiov
Super Cool, not so far away for me :)
I think it's better to switch the continents so that more people can apply

el 2018-04-20 a las 13:51 Enrico Francioni escribió:

> I would be very happy if Csound's management decided that the next ICSC
> could really take place in Italy.

hi, enrico.

congratulations for the next ICSC in italy. i think it's a great idea, so
much so that i might even have suggested that on the list at one moment. i
can't remember if i did, but i definitely thought about doing so.

however, as you may know, the only requisite to organize the ICSC is
deciding to do so and announcing it. there's no "management" pertaining to
the csound conference, no ICSC organization committee or anything. so
there's no need for you to wait for anyone's "authorization", you only
need to feel confident that the idea would be well received in the
community and that you would have enough attendants. and go ahead with
it...

as you see, many people here agree that for many reasons italy would be a
great place to have an ICSC, and i doubt anyone would disagree. so i would
suggest that you simply confirm as soon as possible that you'll be
organizing the next ICSC in cagli, and also announce the dates as soon as
possible so we can all plan and organize our trip (specially those of us
who would need more than 20 hours to reach cagli...).

best,

lj

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Anton Kholomiov
Though euro went crazy recently recently in ratio to rouble, but hope it
will get better as the time goes by

Super Cool, not so far away for me :)
I think it's better to switch the continents so that more people can apply

el 2018-04-20 a las 13:51 Enrico Francioni escribió:

> I would be very happy if Csound's management decided that the next ICSC
> could really take place in Italy.

hi, enrico.

congratulations for the next ICSC in italy. i think it's a great idea, so
much so that i might even have suggested that on the list at one moment. i
can't remember if i did, but i definitely thought about doing so.

however, as you may know, the only requisite to organize the ICSC is
deciding to do so and announcing it. there's no "management" pertaining to
the csound conference, no ICSC organization committee or anything. so
there's no need for you to wait for anyone's "authorization", you only
need to feel confident that the idea would be well received in the
community and that you would have enough attendants. and go ahead with
it...

as you see, many people here agree that for many reasons italy would be a
great place to have an ICSC, and i doubt anyone would disagree. so i would
suggest that you simply confirm as soon as possible that you'll be
organizing the next ICSC in cagli, and also announce the dates as soon as
possible so we can all plan and organize our trip (specially those of us
who would need more than 20 hours to reach cagli...).

best,

lj

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Michael Gogins-2
I think having ICSC 2019 in Italy is a great idea.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Fri, Apr 20, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Anton Kholomiov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Though euro went crazy recently recently in ratio to rouble, but hope it
> will get better as the time goes by

>> Super Cool, not so far away for me :)
>> I think it's better to switch the continents so that more people can apply

>>> hi, enrico.
>>>
>>> congratulations for the next ICSC in italy. i think it's a great idea, so
>>> much so that i might even have suggested that on the list at one moment.
>>> can't remember if i did, but i definitely thought about doing so.
>>>
>>> however, as you may know, the only requisite to organize the ICSC is
>>> deciding to do so and announcing it. there's no "management" pertaining
>>> the csound conference, no ICSC organization committee or anything. so
>>> there's no need for you to wait for anyone's "authorization", you only
>>> need to feel confident that the idea would be well received in the
>>> community and that you would have enough attendants. and go ahead with
>>> it...
>>>
>>> as you see, many people here agree that for many reasons italy would be a
>>> great place to have an ICSC, and i doubt anyone would disagree. so i
>>> would
>>> suggest that you simply confirm as soon as possible that you'll be
>>> organizing the next ICSC in cagli, and also announce the dates as soon as
>>> possible so we can all plan and organize our trip (specially those of us
>>> who would need more than 20 hours to reach cagli...).
>>>
>>> best,
>>>
>>> lj
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Doctor B
It will be wonderful to have ICSC2019 in Italy.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
President of Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com
Author & Editor of The Csound Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book
Author & Editor of The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book
about:
http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about
about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/
music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Though euro went crazy recently recently in ratio to rouble, but hope it
> will get better as the time goes by

>> Super Cool, not so far away for me :)
>> I think it's better to switch the continents so that more people can apply

>>> hi, enrico.
>>>
>>> congratulations for the next ICSC in italy. i think it's a great idea, so
>>> much so that i might even have suggested that on the list at one moment.
>>> can't remember if i did, but i definitely thought about doing so.
>>>
>>> however, as you may know, the only requisite to organize the ICSC is
>>> deciding to do so and announcing it. there's no "management" pertaining
>>> the csound conference, no ICSC organization committee or anything. so
>>> there's no need for you to wait for anyone's "authorization", you only
>>> need to feel confident that the idea would be well received in the
>>> community and that you would have enough attendants. and go ahead with
>>> it...
>>>
>>> as you see, many people here agree that for many reasons italy would be a
>>> great place to have an ICSC, and i doubt anyone would disagree. so i
>>> would
>>> suggest that you simply confirm as soon as possible that you'll be
>>> organizing the next ICSC in cagli, and also announce the dates as soon as
>>> possible so we can all plan and organize our trip (specially those of us
>>> who would need more than 20 hours to reach cagli...).
>>>
>>> best,
>>>
>>> lj
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

ape~
Hello,
we are happy to confirm that the next edition of the ICSC 2019 will be held in Italy, in the small town of Cagli (Pesaro / Urbino). We will provide you further details as soon as possible.
We will do everything to make our meeting as useful and enjoyable as possible.
Stay tuned!
Laura, Enrico, Eugenio, Alessandro

Re: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 …in Italy?

Enrico Francioni-2