[Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

[Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

AndreaS
Hi list,

On Windows, If I type -Q999 it appears:

The available MIDI output devices are:
   0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
   1: Steinberg UR22mkII -1

well, I launch Csound with those flags:

-odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -B2048 -b512 -Q0 -T

but  GS Wavetable Synth don't play.

There's same page of manual that I negletted to read?

How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

Andrea S.

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

Michael Gogins-2
You must explicitly send MIDI messages to the device using the MIDI
output opcodes. To get your example to work you would have to create
Csound instruments that would receive MIDI channel messages from the
MIDI file, then use the MIDI output opcodes to send those channel
messages to device 0.

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> On Windows, If I type -Q999 it appears:
>
> The available MIDI output devices are:
>   0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
>   1: Steinberg UR22mkII -1
>
> well, I launch Csound with those flags:
>
> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -B2048 -b512 -Q0 -T
>
> but  GS Wavetable Synth don't play.
>
> There's same page of manual that I negletted to read?
>
> How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?
>
> Andrea S.

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

AndreaS
Thank you! It works!

The rhythm is unsteady, like written in the manual.

I tested an appointment channel-program change. It's note careful also.

The result is nice, but I don't believe that Karajan would have apprecied.

There's a better way with Csound?

Greetings

Andrea S.

Il 04/08/2017 16:30, Michael Gogins ha scritto:

> You must explicitly send MIDI messages to the device using the MIDI
> output opcodes. To get your example to work you would have to create
> Csound instruments that would receive MIDI channel messages from the
> MIDI file, then use the MIDI output opcodes to send those channel
> messages to device 0.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> On Windows, If I type -Q999 it appears:
>>
>> The available MIDI output devices are:
>>    0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
>>    1: Steinberg UR22mkII -1
>>
>> well, I launch Csound with those flags:
>>
>> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -B2048 -b512 -Q0 -T
>>
>> but  GS Wavetable Synth don't play.
>>
>> There's same page of manual that I negletted to read?
>>
>> How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?
>>
>> Andrea S.

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

AndreaS
my test:

<CsoundSynthesizer>
<CsOptions>
; Select audio/midi flags here according to platform
; Audio out   Audio in
-odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -Q0 -T ;;;realtime audio out and midi
out and midi in (all midi inputs)
</CsOptions>
<CsInstruments>

sr = 44100
ksmps = 32
nchnls = 2
0dbfs  = 1

instr 1
kstatus, kchan, kdata1, kdata2 midiin

if kchan == 1 then
midiout    192, 1, 1, 0    ;ch 1 to program change 1
elseif kchan == 2 then
midiout    192, 1, 21, 0    ;ch 2 to program change 21
endif

inum notnum
ivel veloc
midion 1, inum, ivel

endin
</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
i1 0 3600
</CsScore>
</CsoundSynthesizer>

Il 04/08/2017 18:31, Andrea Strappa ha scritto:

> Thank you! It works!
>
> The rhythm is unsteady, like written in the manual.
>
> I tested an appointment channel-program change. It's note careful also.
>
> The result is nice, but I don't believe that Karajan would have
> apprecied.
>
> There's a better way with Csound?
>
> Greetings
>
> Andrea S.
>

> Il 04/08/2017 16:30, Michael Gogins ha scritto:
>> You must explicitly send MIDI messages to the device using the MIDI
>> output opcodes. To get your example to work you would have to create
>> Csound instruments that would receive MIDI channel messages from the
>> MIDI file, then use the MIDI output opcodes to send those channel
>> messages to device 0.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mike

>> Michael Gogins
>> Irreducible Productions
>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>>
>>> On Windows, If I type -Q999 it appears:
>>>
>>> The available MIDI output devices are:
>>>    0: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
>>>    1: Steinberg UR22mkII -1
>>>
>>> well, I launch Csound with those flags:
>>>
>>> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -B2048 -b512 -Q0 -T
>>>
>>> but  GS Wavetable Synth don't play.
>>>
>>> There's same page of manual that I negletted to read?
>>>
>>> How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?
>>>
>>> Andrea S.
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

Steven Yi
Perhaps try setting ksmps=1, as the timing of midi events may be
getting shifted to the control rate of Csound.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> my test:
>
> <CsoundSynthesizer>
> <CsOptions>
> ; Select audio/midi flags here according to platform
> ; Audio out   Audio in
> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -Q0 -T ;;;realtime audio out and midi out
> and midi in (all midi inputs)
> </CsOptions>
> <CsInstruments>
>
> sr = 44100
> ksmps = 32
> nchnls = 2
> 0dbfs  = 1
>
> instr 1
> kstatus, kchan, kdata1, kdata2 midiin
>
> if kchan == 1 then
> midiout    192, 1, 1, 0    ;ch 1 to program change 1
> elseif kchan == 2 then
> midiout    192, 1, 21, 0    ;ch 2 to program change 21
> endif
>
> inum notnum
> ivel veloc
> midion 1, inum, ivel
>
> endin
> </CsInstruments>
> <CsScore>
> i1 0 3600
> </CsScore>
> </CsoundSynthesizer>
>

> Il 04/08/2017 18:31, Andrea Strappa ha scritto:
>>
>> Thank you! It works!
>>
>> The rhythm is unsteady, like written in the manual.
>>
>> I tested an appointment channel-program change. It's note careful also.
>>
>> The result is nice, but I don't believe that Karajan would have apprecied.
>>
>> There's a better way with Csound?
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Andrea S.
>>

>> Il 04/08/2017 16:30, Michael Gogins ha scritto:
>>>
>>> You must explicitly send MIDI messages to the device using the MIDI
>>> output opcodes. To get your example to work you would have to create
>>> Csound instruments that would receive MIDI channel messages from the
>>> MIDI file, then use the MIDI output opcodes to send those channel
>>> messages to device 0.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mike

>>> Michael Gogins
>>> Irreducible Productions
>>> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
>>> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

AndreaS
with flag -b4 and ksmps=16 it's no bad.

With ksmps=1 the time is very slowed.

Program change still no carefull.

Andrea S.

Il 04/08/2017 18:40, Steven Yi ha scritto:

> Perhaps try setting ksmps=1, as the timing of midi events may be
> getting shifted to the control rate of Csound.
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> my test:
>>
>> <CsoundSynthesizer>
>> <CsOptions>
>> ; Select audio/midi flags here according to platform
>> ; Audio out   Audio in
>> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -Q0 -T ;;;realtime audio out and midi out
>> and midi in (all midi inputs)
>> </CsOptions>
>> <CsInstruments>
>>
>> sr = 44100
>> ksmps = 32
>> nchnls = 2
>> 0dbfs  = 1
>>
>> instr 1
>> kstatus, kchan, kdata1, kdata2 midiin
>>
>> if kchan == 1 then
>> midiout    192, 1, 1, 0    ;ch 1 to program change 1
>> elseif kchan == 2 then
>> midiout    192, 1, 21, 0    ;ch 2 to program change 21
>> endif
>>
>> inum notnum
>> ivel veloc
>> midion 1, inum, ivel
>>
>> endin
>> </CsInstruments>
>> <CsScore>
>> i1 0 3600
>> </CsScore>
>> </CsoundSynthesizer>
>>

>> Il 04/08/2017 18:31, Andrea Strappa ha scritto:
>>> Thank you! It works!
>>>
>>> The rhythm is unsteady, like written in the manual.
>>>
>>> I tested an appointment channel-program change. It's note careful also.
>>>
>>> The result is nice, but I don't believe that Karajan would have apprecied.
>>>
>>> There's a better way with Csound?
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>>
>>> Andrea S.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

Steven Yi
I wouldn't use -b4, as that would be highly inefficient and wouldn't
affect the frequency by which Csound processes the midi events.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> with flag -b4 and ksmps=16 it's no bad.
>
> With ksmps=1 the time is very slowed.
>
> Program change still no carefull.
>
> Andrea S.
>

> Il 04/08/2017 18:40, Steven Yi ha scritto:
>>
>> Perhaps try setting ksmps=1, as the timing of midi events may be
>> getting shifted to the control rate of Csound.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> my test:
>>>
>>> <CsoundSynthesizer>
>>> <CsOptions>
>>> ; Select audio/midi flags here according to platform
>>> ; Audio out   Audio in
>>> -odac -+rtmidi=MME -Fdo_la_re.mid -Q0 -T ;;;realtime audio out and midi
>>> out
>>> and midi in (all midi inputs)
>>> </CsOptions>
>>> <CsInstruments>
>>>
>>> sr = 44100
>>> ksmps = 32
>>> nchnls = 2
>>> 0dbfs  = 1
>>>
>>> instr 1
>>> kstatus, kchan, kdata1, kdata2 midiin
>>>
>>> if kchan == 1 then
>>> midiout    192, 1, 1, 0    ;ch 1 to program change 1
>>> elseif kchan == 2 then
>>> midiout    192, 1, 21, 0    ;ch 2 to program change 21
>>> endif
>>>
>>> inum notnum
>>> ivel veloc
>>> midion 1, inum, ivel
>>>
>>> endin
>>> </CsInstruments>
>>> <CsScore>
>>> i1 0 3600
>>> </CsScore>
>>> </CsoundSynthesizer>

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] How could Csound send MIDI messages to System Wavetable Synth?

AndreaS
Thank you, Steven.
I just wonted to see the fastest buffer in the West.
(Buffer Bill or Buffer the Kid?)
Andrea S.

>I wouldn't use -b4, as that would be highly inefficient and wouldn't
> affect the frequency by which Csound processes the midi events.
>
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Andrea Strappa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> with flag -b4 and ksmps=16 it's no bad.
>>
>> With ksmps=1 the time is very slowed.
>>
>> Program change still no carefull.
>>
>> Andrea S.
>>

>> Il 04/08/2017 18:40, Steven Yi ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Perhaps try setting ksmps=1, as the timing of midi events may be
>>> getting shifted to the control rate of Csound.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.