[Csnd] Getting back into making synths!

briandc

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here could take a look at this very basic synth (inspired by a synth made by Giorgio Zucco years back). I think it may be a bit old in terms of syntax, but I'd like to hear people's opinions/suggestions.

My thought is to put together a bunch of instruments that I can share on my website, for those linux users who are new to Csound.

I just love the sound of the oscillators and filters in Csound, it's one of the things that makes me keep coming back (even though the coding to make a semi-complex instrument still seems a bit daunting to me).

I have tried substituting different filter types, (one almost made my speakers explode... I know, I've been forewarned before!).

Also, I don't understand the code after the Score section. Is this done automatically in order for the file to be useable cross-platform?

I'm running version 6.08 (64-bit) on Librazik-2.

Thanks and kudos to Csound!!

brian

ZSynthVCF.csd (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Getting back into making synths!

zappfinger

Hi Brain,

The code after the score section is for GUI purposes. One part is for Blue (bsb=blue synth builder) and the other for MacCsound, possibly....

Richard

On 18/02/18 20:30, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

joachim-3
hi brain -

just to answer the last point: the <bsb panel> etc is only created when
you use CsoundQt.  it contains the information about csoundqt's widgets.
  if you don't use them, you should leave it out; either by removing it
in a text editor, or you can use File > Export without widgets in the
csoundqt menu.

best -
        joachim

On 18/02/18 20:30, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was wondering if anyone here could take a look at this very basic
> synth (inspired by a synth made by Giorgio Zucco years back). I think it
> may be a bit old in terms of syntax, but I'd like to hear people's
> opinions/suggestions.
>
> My thought is to put together a bunch of instruments that I can share on
> my website, for those linux users who are new to Csound.
>
> I just love the sound of the oscillators and filters in Csound, it's one
> of the things that makes me keep coming back (even though the coding to
> make a semi-complex instrument still seems a bit daunting to me).
>
> I have tried substituting different filter types, (one almost made my
> speakers explode... I know, I've been forewarned before!).
>
> Also, I don't understand the code after the Score section. Is this done
> automatically in order for the file to be useable cross-platform?
>
> I'm running version 6.08 (64-bit) on Librazik-2.
>
> Thanks and kudos to Csound!!
>

> brian
>

> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Getting back into making synths!

briandc

OK --Removed.

Thanks!

brian

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:03:16 +0100, joachim heintz wrote:

hi brain -

just to answer the last point: the  etc is only created when
you use CsoundQt.  it contains the information about csoundqt's widgets.
  if you don't use them, you should leave it out; either by removing it
in a text editor, or you can use File > Export without widgets in the
csoundqt menu.

best -
	joachim

On 18/02/18 20:30, [hidden email]wrote:
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone here could take a look at this very basic synth (inspired by a synth made by Giorgio Zucco years back). I think it may be a bit old in terms of syntax, but I'd like to hear people's opinions/suggestions. My thought is to put together a bunch of instruments that I can share on my website, for those linux users who are new to Csound. I just love the sound of the oscillators and filters in Csound, it's one of the things that makes me keep coming back (even though the coding to make a semi-complex instrument still seems a bit daunting to me). I have tried substituting different filter types, (one almost made my speakers explode... I know, I've been forewarned before!). Also, I don't understand the code after the Score section. Is this done automatically in order for the file to be useable cross-platform? I'm running version 6.08 (64-bit) on Librazik-2. Thanks and kudos to Csound!! brian Csound mailing list [hidden email] [hidden email]> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here