[Csnd] Does anybody know this synthesis technique?

[Csnd] Does anybody know this synthesis technique?

Gleb
Hey folks!

I continue doing some reverse engineering of virtual analog synths.
Here is the the picture of how the whole range of sawtooth waves is produced
for some generator.
The upper signal is the basis prototype (C-1 or ~8 Hz). The bottom is some
higher freq.
The 0 point remains at the same position, the left and the right parts are
shortened, not equally (!).
Also some amplification takes place.

Does anybody know something about such technique?
Any suggestions on best implementation?

My thought is to obtain the best fitting function, code it using appropriate
GEN table,
then adjust phasor range using limiter.

<http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/file/t339299/saw_gen.png>

-----
Gleb Rogozinsky, PhD
Associated Professor
Interactive Arts Department
Saint-Petersburg University of Film and Television

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications
--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Gleb Rogozinsky, PhD
Associated Professor
Interactive Arts Department
Saint-Petersburg University of Film and Television

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications

Re: [Csnd] Does anybody know this synthesis technique?

ebmtranceboy
Hi Gleb!
Here is my solution without table. It has the drawback to use ksmps = 1.
It is like an exponential charging capacitor, and then a pulse to reset the electric charge.
As simple as it is, I'm pretty sure a simpler solution exists yet in order to use different ksmps.

chargingsaw.csd (784 bytes) Download Attachment