[Csnd] Distorted Mono inputs with sounding, diskin, diskin2 and sndwarp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Csnd] Distorted Mono inputs with sounding, diskin, diskin2 and sndwarp

jpff
Just a few more thoughts.

I set istarttime to 0 and created 96k 24and 32 bit mono sine wave files.
diskin2 worked perfectly.

OTOH the sndwarp example was very bad.

Creating the table in instr2 on every call seems excessive, but I am
assuming there is bits you have suppressed

If I change the ktimewarp1 value from 1 to 2.7 (rather than 0 to 2.7)
and reduce the gain in the sndwarp from 0.3 to 0.03 I get more or less
what I expect, a 440 tone with artifacts from the granular synthesis.
I suspect you need to do more experimentation with the sndwarp parameters
to get what you want.

==John ffitch

Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Csnd] Distorted Mono inputs with sounding, diskin, diskin2 and sndwarp

Ruben Sverre Gjertsen-2
> 21. mar. 2018 kl. 17.36 skrev John <[hidden email]>:
>
> Just a few more thoughts.
>
> I set istarttime to 0 and created 96k 24and 32 bit mono sine wave files.
> diskin2 worked perfectly.
>
> OTOH the sndwarp example was very bad.
>
> Creating the table in instr2 on every call seems excessive, but I am
> assuming there is bits you have suppressed

Yes, I was briefly isolating the problem. I guess the alternative would be loading soundfiles permanently, but I couldn't do that with all 4000 soundfiles I have on my list. I’m not sure what the middle solution would be. I also use 16 channel inputs, loading each channel into a table for each note. I have noticed there is a polyphony limit when I do that, it often seems to overload memory.

>
> If I change the ktimewarp1 value from 1 to 2.7 (rather than 0 to 2.7)
> and reduce the gain in the sndwarp from 0.3 to 0.03 I get more or less
> what I expect, a 440 tone with artifacts from the granular synthesis.
> I suspect you need to do more experimentation with the sndwarp parameters
> to get what you want.

I have been trying to use the time pointer mode, using randomized curves generated with Open Music. But I think I have used the wrong range when itimemode is 0, thank you for that. I’m trying to include all alternatives in one instrument.

Best
Ruben


>
> ==John ffitch
>
> Csound mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Csound mailing list
[hidden email]
https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
Send bugs reports to
        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here