[Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

12

[Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

gsenna
Hi,

I always thought that the default value for 0dbfs was, as stated here
(http://csound.com/docs/manual/Zerodbfs.html) and elsewhere, equal to
32767. However, "print 0dbfs" returns 32768. What's going on with that?

Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

Victor Lazzarini-2
It’s 32768, the manual needs to be fixed.

> On 25 Feb 2018, at 03:39, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I always thought that the default value for 0dbfs was, as stated here
> (http://csound.com/docs/manual/Zerodbfs.html) and elsewhere, equal to
> 32767. However, "print 0dbfs" returns 32768. What's going on with that?
>
> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

gsenna
Oh, that's interesting. So instead of, say for example the −32768 to
+32767 range found on a 16-bit PCM encoding, in Csound a sine oscillator
would actually go from −32768 to +32768!

On 25/02/18 05:14, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> It’s 32768, the manual needs to be fixed.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 25 Feb 2018, at 03:39, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I always thought that the default value for 0dbfs was, as stated here
>> (http://csound.com/docs/manual/Zerodbfs.html) and elsewhere, equal to
>> 32767. However, "print 0dbfs" returns 32768. What's going on with that?
>>
>> Cheers.

Re: [Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

Victor Lazzarini-2
No, I think the range is still the same, but the Odbfs value is the abs max of it.

> On 25 Feb 2018, at 08:44, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Oh, that's interesting. So instead of, say for example the −32768 to
> +32767 range found on a 16-bit PCM encoding, in Csound a sine oscillator
> would actually go from −32768 to +32768!
>

>> On 25/02/18 05:14, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> It’s 32768, the manual needs to be fixed.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 25 Feb 2018, at 03:39, Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I always thought that the default value for 0dbfs was, as stated here
>>> (http://csound.com/docs/manual/Zerodbfs.html) and elsewhere, equal to
>>> 32767. However, "print 0dbfs" returns 32768. What's going on with that?
>>>
>>> Cheers.
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Default value of 0dbfs

Richard
Indeed, since within Csound everything is in floats, it would.  Of
course, as soon as you convert to any integer format, you will hit a
problem. Which is one of the reasons why it is never recommended to take
or normalise a signal right up to digital peak.

Richard Dobson

On 25/02/2018 08:44, Guillermo Senna wrote:
> Oh, that's interesting. So instead of, say for example the −32768 to
> +32767 range found on a 16-bit PCM encoding, in Csound a sine oscillator
> would actually go from −32768 to +32768!

[Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Jonathan Cohen
Hi,

I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:

    "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"

and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:

    "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"

Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version details are:

    Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018

    [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]

    libsndfile-1.0.29pre1

Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.

- j

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

jpff
I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or
broken ones.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>
>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>
> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>
>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>
> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
> details are:
>
>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>
>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>
>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>

> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>
> - j

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

jpff
Yes it says windows!  Must drink my morning coffee before answering
email.....

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, jpff wrote:

> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or
> broken ones.
>

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++
>> program
>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>
>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>
>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>
>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>
>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>> details are:
>>
>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>
>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>
>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>

>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>
>> - j
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can
>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Jonathan Cohen
Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.

- j

> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.
>

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>
>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>
>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>
>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>
>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>> details are:
>>
>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>
>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>
>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>

>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>
>> - j
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Victor Lazzarini-2
Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>
> - j
>

>> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.
>>

>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
>>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>>> details are:
>>>
>>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>>
>>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>>
>>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>>

>>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>>
>>> - j
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Jonathan Cohen
Thank you.  Tried setting OPCODE6DIR64 from CsoundQT, and also by using the setOptions library call, but no luck with either.

- j

> Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>>
>> - j
>>

>>> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?

On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>
> - j
>

>> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.
>>

>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
>>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>>> details are:
>>>
>>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>>
>>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>>
>>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>>

>>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>>
>>> - j
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Jonathan Cohen
Thank you--I overlooked that one. Added the call to csoundSetGlobalEvn, but still no luck.  The compiler is Visual Studio 2017, via QtCreator. No change in compiler or IDE since I switched from 6.09 (with rt audio working) to 6.10.

This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?

On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>
> - j
>

>> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.
>>

>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
>>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>>> details are:
>>>
>>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>>
>>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>>
>>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>>

>>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>>
>>> - j
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

rorywalsh
Have you tried setting the device with the  -+rtaudio flag? I didn't notice any problems when I started building with 6.10, but I don't use Csound to output audio, so I guess i wouldn't see that error.

On 26 February 2018 at 13:45, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you--I overlooked that one. Added the call to csoundSetGlobalEvn, but still no luck.  The compiler is Visual Studio 2017, via QtCreator. No change in compiler or IDE since I switched from 6.09 (with rt audio working) to 6.10.

This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?

On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>
> - j
>

>> I guess Windows?  Not my area but it looks like nissing rt libraries or broken ones.
>>

>> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018, Jonathan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have been using the Csound library (csound64.dll) from a custom C++ program
>>> under Windows, but since I have switched from 6.09 to 6.10, my program no
>>> longer outputs audio (it works if I switch modes to save the output as a
>>> file).  Specifically, Csound prints the message:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> and if I remove that option to fall back on the default:
>>>
>>>     "unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module"
>>>
>>> Csound 6.10 works fine from the command line. OPCODE6DIR64 points to
>>> (...)\Csound6_x64\plugins64\ and is set as an environment variable for all
>>> users, and PATH (for all users) includes (...)\Csound_x64\bin. The version
>>> details are:
>>>
>>>     Csound version 6.10 (double samples) Jan 31 2018
>>>
>>>     [commit: f5bcd83a9799536980d0f674bb7525f45f800490]
>>>
>>>     libsndfile-1.0.29pre1
>>>

>>> Thank you for any suggestions. Apologies if this is a "duh" question.
>>>
>>> - j
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>>> be posted here

>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Victor Lazzarini-2
This looks to do with not finding the opcode directory. If it happened to you, you would not have
any other plugins. Did we use VS in 6.09? I think we only had mingw/msys binaries. Maybe that
is a difference.

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 14:01, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have you tried setting the device with the  -+rtaudio flag? I didn't notice any problems when I started building with 6.10, but I don't use Csound to output audio, so I guess i wouldn't see that error.
>
> On 26 February 2018 at 13:45, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you--I overlooked that one. Added the call to csoundSetGlobalEvn, but still no luck.  The compiler is Visual Studio 2017, via QtCreator. No change in compiler or IDE since I switched from 6.09 (with rt audio working) to 6.10.
>
>> This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
>> http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
>> But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?
>>
>> On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>> > On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>> >
>> > - j

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

rorywalsh
All my other plugins are found as far as I can tell. Oeyvind hasn't reported any OSC issues with the latest windows build so I'm assuming they re found Ok. And I've been using Iain's PadSynth which also uses plugin opcodes. No problems. I'm not sure what the issue might be.

On 26 February 2018 at 14:16, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
This looks to do with not finding the opcode directory. If it happened to you, you would not have
any other plugins. Did we use VS in 6.09? I think we only had mingw/msys binaries. Maybe that
is a difference.

> On 26 Feb 2018, at 14:01, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Have you tried setting the device with the  -+rtaudio flag? I didn't notice any problems when I started building with 6.10, but I don't use Csound to output audio, so I guess i wouldn't see that error.
>
> On 26 February 2018 at 13:45, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you--I overlooked that one. Added the call to csoundSetGlobalEvn, but still no luck.  The compiler is Visual Studio 2017, via QtCreator. No change in compiler or IDE since I switched from 6.09 (with rt audio working) to 6.10.
>
>> This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
>> http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
>> But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?
>>
>> On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>> > On 26 Feb 2018, at 11:39, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thank you.  But tt audio is working using Csound from the command line, so it suggests the rt libraries are present working.
>> >
>> > - j

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

Jonathan Cohen
Thanks very much for the suggestions.

I am using the library in the binary downloaded from the Csound website (which I had done for 6.09), so I am guessing that the environment under which they were compiled should not matter. Note, reinstalling 6.10 didn't help.

I was using -+rtaudio=pa_bl under 6.09 (which is what CsoundQt is using), then when that failed under 6.10, also tried doing without the -+rtaudio option, but that results in the
"unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio', using dummy module" instead of the unknown rtaudio module: 'pa_bl', using dummy module" message.

Guessing that the missing plugin is rtpa.dll, I tried loading it as a library, and that works--I note that it relies on portaudio_x64.dll.

Putting both csound6_x64/bin and csound6_x64/plugins64 in the PATH doesn't seem to help either.

I am now looking at csound source code to try to see if I can find a clue.

Thanks again.

- j

> This looks to do with not finding the opcode directory. If it happened to you, you would not have
> any other plugins. Did we use VS in 6.09? I think we only had mingw/msys binaries. Maybe that
> is a difference.
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 26 Feb 2018, at 14:01, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried setting the device with the  -+rtaudio flag? I didn't notice any problems when I started building with 6.10, but I don't use Csound to output audio, so I guess i wouldn't see that error.
>>
>> On 26 February 2018 at 13:45, Jonathan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thank you--I overlooked that one. Added the call to csoundSetGlobalEvn, but still no luck.  The compiler is Visual Studio 2017, via QtCreator. No change in compiler or IDE since I switched from 6.09 (with rt audio working) to 6.10.
>>
>>> This is a custom application? You can try calling csoundSetGlobalEvn() to set OPCODE6DIR64
>>> http://csound.com/docs/api/group___m_i_s_c_e_l_l_a_n_e_o_u_s.html#ga0183dad9bbc4961d66a280e5292091ed
>>> But to be honest, I have rarely ever had to do this. What compiler are you using?
>>>
>>> On 26 February 2018 at 11:51, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Maybe you need to set OPCODE6DIR64 in CsoundQT?
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] 'unknown rtaudio module' under 6.10 using csound as a library

I don’t think there are issues to be found in the sources. Do you know if any other plugin is found?