[Csnd] CsoundQt with html support

A couple of days ago I uploaded a beta release of CsoundQt 0.9.6 that has finally a crossplatform html support:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta

(It includes MacOS bundle and zipped ready-to-use folder for Windows. To build on Linux you need to add

CONFIG+=html_webengine # preferred, works well from Qt 5.8 on

or

CONFIG+=html_webkit # if you use Qt 5.6 or older

to your config.user.pri file (or directly to qcs.pro)

There is a short demo:

https://youtu.be/L1qVxfOzP9Q

We did most of the work of it together with Michael Gogins last summer but it needed some more work. Finally it seems to be there to bring it out. It is new, needed a lot of changes in the code and might be unstable in some situations - we defintely need feedback.

I plan to write some documentation to CsoundQt homepage.

Here are also two simple templates (not included in the bundles though yet) - to start your work for CsoundAndroid with Html UI (or similar) and Csound-Wasm or similar html-only solution.

For Csound 6.11 release, I imagine it is more stable to include "old" CsoundQt 0.9.5 but I continue work on the new one as scarce free time I can take for CsoundQt 0.9.6 allows, and will add some more features and improvements for the final release in couple of months, I think.

greetings,

tarmo

csound+html-template.csd (1K) Download Attachment
wasm-template.html (4K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt with html support

Steven Yi
I ran the test build on Windows and the HTML examples ran and I was
able to adjust widgets at runtime and hear changes.  However, there's
is a bug in that I am using a HIDPI screen (Surface Pro 4) and the
HTML window contents are tiny (same with the window contents that
popup after hitting "Inspector").   I think it is not scaled for the
HIDPI resolution.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> A couple of days ago I uploaded a beta release of CsoundQt 0.9.6 that has
> finally a crossplatform html support:
>

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta
>

> (It includes MacOS bundle and zipped ready-to-use folder for Windows. To
> build on Linux you need to add
>

> CONFIG+=html_webengine # preferred, works well from Qt 5.8 on
>
> or
>
> CONFIG+=html_webkit # if you use Qt 5.6 or older
>
> to your config.user.pri file (or directly to qcs.pro)
>

> There is a short demo:
>
> https://youtu.be/L1qVxfOzP9Q
>

> We did most of the work of it together with Michael Gogins last summer but
> it needed some more work. Finally it seems to be there to bring it out. It
> is new, needed a lot of changes in the code and might be unstable in some
> situations - we defintely need feedback.
>

> I plan to write some documentation to CsoundQt homepage.
>

> Here are also two simple templates (not included in the bundles though yet)
> - to start your work for CsoundAndroid with Html UI (or similar) and
> Csound-Wasm or similar html-only solution.
>

> For Csound 6.11 release, I imagine it is more stable to include "old"
> CsoundQt 0.9.5 but I continue work on the new one as scarce free time I can
> take for CsoundQt 0.9.6 allows, and will add some more features and
> improvements for the final release in couple of months, I think.
>

> greetings,
>
> tarmo

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt with html support

Tarmo Johannes-3
Thanks, Steven, for feedback!

I don't have a HiDi screen to test on, but I will investigate it and send anoher version to test when I will get to the Windows development computer.

I believe older CsoundQt versions act the same? Is it just the left tab panel that is too small?

Thanks!
Tarmo

05.04.2018 3:35 kirjutas kuupäeval "Steven Yi" <[hidden email]>:
I ran the test build on Windows and the HTML examples ran and I was
able to adjust widgets at runtime and hear changes.  However, there's
is a bug in that I am using a HIDPI screen (Surface Pro 4) and the
HTML window contents are tiny (same with the window contents that
popup after hitting "Inspector").   I think it is not scaled for the
HIDPI resolution.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> A couple of days ago I uploaded a beta release of CsoundQt 0.9.6 that has
> finally a crossplatform html support:
>

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta
>

> (It includes MacOS bundle and zipped ready-to-use folder for Windows. To
> build on Linux you need to add
>

> CONFIG+=html_webengine # preferred, works well from Qt 5.8 on
>
> or
>
> CONFIG+=html_webkit # if you use Qt 5.6 or older
>
> to your config.user.pri file (or directly to qcs.pro)
>

> There is a short demo:
>
> https://youtu.be/L1qVxfOzP9Q
>

> We did most of the work of it together with Michael Gogins last summer but
> it needed some more work. Finally it seems to be there to bring it out. It
> is new, needed a lot of changes in the code and might be unstable in some
> situations - we defintely need feedback.
>

> I plan to write some documentation to CsoundQt homepage.
>

> Here are also two simple templates (not included in the bundles though yet)
> - to start your work for CsoundAndroid with Html UI (or similar) and
> Csound-Wasm or similar html-only solution.
>

> For Csound 6.11 release, I imagine it is more stable to include "old"
> CsoundQt 0.9.5 but I continue work on the new one as scarce free time I can
> take for CsoundQt 0.9.6 allows, and will add some more features and
> improvements for the final release in couple of months, I think.
>

> greetings,
>
> tarmo

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt with html support

Steven Yi

I've attached a photo. The Opcode help I can zoom using trackwheel + ctrl. That is not possible for the HTML view.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 3:18 AM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Steven, for feedback!

I don't have a HiDi screen to test on, but I will investigate it and send anoher version to test when I will get to the Windows development computer.

I believe older CsoundQt versions act the same? Is it just the left tab panel that is too small?

Thanks!
Tarmo

05.04.2018 3:35 kirjutas kuupäeval "Steven Yi" <[hidden email]>:
I ran the test build on Windows and the HTML examples ran and I was
able to adjust widgets at runtime and hear changes.  However, there's
is a bug in that I am using a HIDPI screen (Surface Pro 4) and the
HTML window contents are tiny (same with the window contents that
popup after hitting "Inspector").   I think it is not scaled for the
HIDPI resolution.

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> A couple of days ago I uploaded a beta release of CsoundQt 0.9.6 that has
> finally a crossplatform html support:
>

> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/releases/tag/0.9.6-beta
>

> (It includes MacOS bundle and zipped ready-to-use folder for Windows. To
> build on Linux you need to add
>

> CONFIG+=html_webengine # preferred, works well from Qt 5.8 on
>
> or
>
> CONFIG+=html_webkit # if you use Qt 5.6 or older
>
> to your config.user.pri file (or directly to qcs.pro)
>

> There is a short demo:
>
> https://youtu.be/L1qVxfOzP9Q
>

> We did most of the work of it together with Michael Gogins last summer but
> it needed some more work. Finally it seems to be there to bring it out. It
> is new, needed a lot of changes in the code and might be unstable in some
> situations - we defintely need feedback.
>

> I plan to write some documentation to CsoundQt homepage.
>

> Here are also two simple templates (not included in the bundles though yet)
> - to start your work for CsoundAndroid with Html UI (or similar) and
> Csound-Wasm or similar html-only solution.
>

> For Csound 6.11 release, I imagine it is more stable to include "old"
> CsoundQt 0.9.5 but I continue work on the new one as scarce free time I can
> take for CsoundQt 0.9.6 allows, and will add some more features and
> improvements for the final release in couple of months, I think.
>

> greetings,
>
> tarmo

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt with html support

Steven Yi

Actually, it is affecting the Widgets panel too.  (Screenshot attached).