[Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

[Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

ceberman
Greetings from a newbie, and please forgive me if this has already been
discussed, but i was not able to find this discussion through searches.

While the system overall and many of the examples work well, I've run into
some example .csd files that have Orchestra compilation errors that appear
to have macro-related syntax issues.   I get identical results on MacOSX and
Windows 10, and I'm using CsoundQt Version 0.9.4.1, Csound version:6091
Precision:double (64-bit)

Thanks very much in advance.

1. These two have the same error:
- McCurdy
Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd
- McCurdy Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd
 defining argument `ROW``COUNT as...#1#
 Undefined macro: '$`ROW``COUNT_01'cannot compile orchestra

2. Music->Riley-In_C.csd
 defining argument `PLAYER``N as...#1#
 Undefined macro: '$`PLAYER``N_L'cannot compile orchestra

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

jpff
I can reproduce in 6.10 on Linux.  Rather a complex example though.  Investigating.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Oct 9, 2017, 00:34, at 00:34, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Does it fail from the command line?  So we can distinguish Csound from
>CsoundQT
>
>⁣Sent from Blue ​
>
>On 8 Oct 2017, 22:23, at 22:23, ceberman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>Greetings from a newbie, and please forgive me if this has already
>been
>>discussed, but i was not able to find this discussion through
>searches.
>>
>>While the system overall and many of the examples work well, I've run
>>into
>>some example .csd files that have Orchestra compilation errors that
>>appear
>>to have macro-related syntax issues.   I get identical results on
>>MacOSX and
>>Windows 10, and I'm using CsoundQt Version 0.9.4.1, Csound
>version:6091
>>Precision:double (64-bit)
>>
>>Thanks very much in advance.
>>
>>1. These two have the same error:
>>- McCurdy
>>Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd
>>- McCurdy Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd
>> defining argument `ROW``COUNT as...#1#
>> Undefined macro: '$`ROW``COUNT_01'cannot compile orchestra
>>
>>2. Music->Riley-In_C.csd
>> defining argument `PLAYER``N as...#1#
>> Undefined macro: '$`PLAYER``N_L'cannot compile orchestra
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>[hidden email]
>>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>
>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

jpff
I think this program (DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd) is in error.  In a
macro
#define ROW(COUNT) ....
there are instances o $COUNT_1 and similar which is clearly not defined.
If I change these to $COUNT._1 it does what is expected (but barfs on
$COUNTGain wich should be $COUNT.Gain)

No idea how this worked previously!

Ay thougts Ian and othes?

==John ff

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, John ff wrote:

> I can reproduce in 6.10 on Linux.  Rather a complex example though.  Investigating.
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On Oct 9, 2017, 00:34, at 00:34, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does it fail from the command line?  So we can distinguish Csound from
>> CsoundQT
>>
>> ⁣Sent from Blue ​
>>
>> On 8 Oct 2017, 22:23, at 22:23, ceberman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Greetings from a newbie, and please forgive me if this has already
>> been
>>> discussed, but i was not able to find this discussion through
>> searches.
>>>
>>> While the system overall and many of the examples work well, I've run
>>> into
>>> some example .csd files that have Orchestra compilation errors that
>>> appear
>>> to have macro-related syntax issues.   I get identical results on
>>> MacOSX and
>>> Windows 10, and I'm using CsoundQt Version 0.9.4.1, Csound
>> version:6091
>>> Precision:double (64-bit)
>>>
>>> Thanks very much in advance.
>>>
>>> 1. These two have the same error:
>>> - McCurdy
>>> Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd
>>> - McCurdy Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd
>>> defining argument `ROW``COUNT as...#1#
>>> Undefined macro: '$`ROW``COUNT_01'cannot compile orchestra
>>>
>>> 2. Music->Riley-In_C.csd
>>> defining argument `PLAYER``N as...#1#
>>> Undefined macro: '$`PLAYER``N_L'cannot compile orchestra
>>>

>>> --
>>> Sent from:
>>> http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

Tarmo Johannes-3
Would you care to send  the csd, I will test and update in CsoundQt build -
perhaps just noone tested this for years... Thank you!

Thanks, @ceberman for brining it out!

tarmo

On Monday, October 9, 2017 2:16:00 PM EEST you wrote:

> I think this program (DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd) is in error.  In a
> macro
> #define ROW(COUNT) ....
> there are instances o $COUNT_1 and similar which is clearly not defined.
> If I change these to $COUNT._1 it does what is expected (but barfs on
> $COUNTGain wich should be $COUNT.Gain)
>
> No idea how this worked previously!
>
> Ay thougts Ian and othes?
>
> ==John ff
>
> On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, John ff wrote:
> > I can reproduce in 6.10 on Linux.  Rather a complex example though.
> > Investigating.
> >
> > ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
> >
> > On Oct 9, 2017, 00:34, at 00:34, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Does it fail from the command line?  So we can distinguish Csound from
> >> CsoundQT
> >>
> >> ⁣Sent from Blue ​

> >> been

> >> searches.

> >> version:6091

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>
> >>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >>
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

Regarding 2. Music->Riley-In_C.csd I tink the problem is the same but I do
not have a copy of the program

Try globally exchanging $N to $N. which will catch many of tese erros from
the information you give.

==John ff

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

Tarmo,
I tried to post corrected drum examples but could not find the Riley piece to check/correct.  Could you point me at the csd file please?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Oct 9, 2017, 12:29, at 12:29, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Would you care to send  the csd, I will test and update in CsoundQt
>build -
>perhaps just noone tested this for years... Thank you!
>
>Thanks, @ceberman for brining it out!
>
>tarmo
>
>On Monday, October 9, 2017 2:16:00 PM EEST you wrote:
>> I think this program (DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd) is in error.
>In a
>> macro
>> #define ROW(COUNT) ....
>> there are instances o $COUNT_1 and similar which is clearly not
>defined.
>> If I change these to $COUNT._1 it does what is expected (but barfs on
>> $COUNTGain wich should be $COUNT.Gain)
>>
>> No idea how this worked previously!
>>
>> Ay thougts Ian and othes?
>>
>> ==John ff
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, John ff wrote:
>> > I can reproduce in 6.10 on Linux.  Rather a complex example though.
>
>> > Investigating.
>> >
>> > ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

>from

>already

>run
>that

>Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd
>Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd

>> > Csound mailing list
>> > [hidden email]
>> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>> > Send bugs reports to
>> >
>> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>> >
>> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

Tarmo Johannes-3
Hi, John,

the file is up on:

https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/examples/Music/Riley-In_C.csd

Thank you!

tarmo

On Monday, October 9, 2017 7:18:04 PM EEST you wrote:

> Tarmo,
> I tried to post corrected drum examples but could not find the Riley piece
> to check/correct.  Could you point me at the csd file please?
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On Oct 9, 2017, 12:29, at 12:29, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >Would you care to send  the csd, I will test and update in CsoundQt
> >build -
> >perhaps just noone tested this for years... Thank you!
> >
> >Thanks, @ceberman for brining it out!
> >
> >tarmo
> >
> >On Monday, October 9, 2017 2:16:00 PM EEST you wrote:
> >> I think this program (DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd) is in error.
> >
> >In a
> >
> >> macro
> >> #define ROW(COUNT) ....
> >> there are instances o $COUNT_1 and similar which is clearly not
> >
> >defined.
> >
> >> If I change these to $COUNT._1 it does what is expected (but barfs on
> >> $COUNTGain wich should be $COUNT.Gain)
> >>
> >> No idea how this worked previously!
> >>
> >> Ay thougts Ian and othes?
> >>
> >> ==John ff

> >from

> >already

> >run

> >that

> >Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd

> >Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd

> >> Csound mailing list
> >> [hidden email]
> >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >> Send bugs reports to
> >>
> >>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >>
> >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
> >
> >Csound mailing list
> >[hidden email]
> >https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> >Send bugs reports to
> >
> >        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> >
> >Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundQt orchestra compilation errors in Examples, macro syntax?

ceberman
Hi, and thanks for the quick responses and instructions from John and Tarmo.  In case it’s helpful, i have enclosed updated, working versions (at least on my Mac / CsoundQT) of the 3 files:

- Riley-In_C.csd
- McCurdy Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd
- McCurdy Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd

Thanks again, and please let me know if you would like me to submit them elsewhere

> On Oct 9, 2017, at 12:35 PM, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, John,
>
> the file is up on:
>
> https://github.com/CsoundQt/CsoundQt/blob/develop/examples/Music/Riley-In_C.csd
>
> Thank you!
>
> tarmo
>
> On Monday, October 9, 2017 7:18:04 PM EEST you wrote:
>> Tarmo,
>> I tried to post corrected drum examples but could not find the Riley piece
>> to check/correct.  Could you point me at the csd file please?
>>
>> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>>
>> On Oct 9, 2017, 12:29, at 12:29, Tarmo Johannes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Would you care to send  the csd, I will test and update in CsoundQt
>>> build -
>>> perhaps just noone tested this for years... Thank you!
>>>
>>> Thanks, @ceberman for brining it out!
>>>
>>> tarmo

>>> In a

>>> defined.

>>> from

>>> already

>>> run

>>> that

>>> Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd

>>> Collection->RealtimeScoreGeneration->SimpleDrumSequencer.csd

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

ceb-Riley-In_C.csd (160K) Download Attachment
ceb-DrumSequencerVariableLength.csd (192K) Download Attachment
ceb-SimpleDrumSequencer.csd (111K) Download Attachment