[Csnd] CsoundLib64.framework

patrick1983
I am working on building a CsoundAU-master plugin library on my new MacBook Pro (my old one was stolen) using Xcode and the Terminal. Working on a new Mac led me to downloading and installing many tools including: csound, Xcode, AULab, and emacs among others. In this process I have multiple directories of csound-develop and its derivatives(extended-csound, csound-6.11.0, etc.).
My problem is that I can't, for some strange reason, find the CsoundLib64.framework that I need when developing with CsoundAU-master, csound-6.11.0, Xcode, the Terminal, and other tools. The CsoundLib64.framework icon is "faded-out" in the Build Phases section of Xcode.
So my question is simple - how can I get a copy of CsoundLib64.framework? - I am sure it's not on my Mac.
Thanks,
Patrick

Re: [Csnd] CsoundLib64.framework

rorywalsh
If you install the canonical version of Csound for OSX it will install the CsoundLib64.framework to
/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64
You don't need a development build of Csound to develop a Csound based AU plugin. You don't need anything apart from what is bundled in a standard install. Note that the header files are located in the following folder
/Library/Frameworks/CsoundLib64.framework/Headers
Good luck.

On 2 August 2018 at 23:22, Patrick Hinkle <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am working on building a CsoundAU-master plugin library on my new MacBook Pro (my old one was stolen) using Xcode and the Terminal. Working on a new Mac led me to downloading and installing many tools including: csound, Xcode, AULab, and emacs among others. In this process I have multiple directories of csound-develop and its derivatives(extended-csound, csound-6.11.0, etc.).
My problem is that I can't, for some strange reason, find the CsoundLib64.framework that I need when developing with CsoundAU-master, csound-6.11.0, Xcode, the Terminal, and other tools. The CsoundLib64.framework icon is "faded-out" in the Build Phases section of Xcode.
So my question is simple - how can I get a copy of CsoundLib64.framework? - I am sure it's not on my Mac.
Thanks,
Patrick

Re: [Csnd] CsoundLib64.framework

Victor Lazzarini-2
yes, unless you need the most uptodate code from git develop, it’s best to work with the released framework.

If you build your own, then ‘sudo make install’ will copy a development framework into your
~/Library/frameworks and other misc files
including the interfaces library libcsnd6.0.0.dylib into /usr/local (you can change this using the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable for CMake).

best

On 2 Aug 2018, at 22:45, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

eddyc
Yes the CsoundLib64.framework should either be in ~/Library/Frameworks, or /Library/Frameworks, you can just add it again manually inside of Xcode from wherever it resides on your system.
I haven’t looked at the code in a while, but if you have any issues can you open an issue in the CsoundAU repo on Github?
Thanks
Ed

On 2 Aug 2018, at 22:22, Patrick Hinkle <[hidden email]> wrote:

CsoundAU