[Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

[Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

fauveboy
is there a way to receive values from loscil in pd that will display the sample playback progress? ie 0 <= table sample buffer size. And with these values one can make a visual indication of the sample back?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

hlolli
Look at tablei and use table index to communicate the progress. It would be more manual way of reading a sample. Unless someone else reples, I can explain better tomorrow

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 at 00:25, Joel Ramsbottom <[hidden email]> wrote:
is there a way to receive values from loscil in pd that will display the sample playback progress? ie 0 <= table sample buffer size. And with these values one can make a visual indication of the sample back?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

fauveboy
I'm not sure if that makes things clear. tablei looks like it can read the same f table that loscil is processing. it looks like you can do something with its index data mode in this case perhaps normalised (0 to 1). but what can be done from here to display the value from 0 to 1 (in this case sending it to pd and displaying on a horizontal slider, for example )?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

rorywalsh
Create a phasor with the same frequency as your loscil, then send the values of the phasor(0-1) to Pd?

On 30 January 2018 at 10:05, Joel Ramsbottom <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure if that makes things clear. tablei looks like it can read the same f table that loscil is processing. it looks like you can do something with its index data mode in this case perhaps normalised (0 to 1). but what can be done from here to display the value from 0 to 1 (in this case sending it to pd and displaying on a horizontal slider, for example )?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

fauveboy
I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?

instr 106
a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
kdisplay phasor 1
;ilen = ftlen 5
;isr = ftsr(5)
outvalue "samp", kdisplay
                out a1, a2
                endin

many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

joachim-3
perhaps
        iTablen = nsamp(5)
        iSampdur = iTablen / ftsr(5)
        kdisplay phasor 1/iSampdur
?

        joachim

On 30/01/18 13:19, Joel Ramsbottom wrote:

> I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
>
> instr 106
> a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
> kdisplay phasor 1
> ;ilen = ftlen 5
> ;isr = ftsr(5)
> outvalue "samp", kdisplay
> out a1, a2
> endin
>
> many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

fauveboy
Okay, that's great I didn't realise there's the nsamp opcode.

so we get the number of samples in a file with nsamp.

the duration is the number of samples / sample rate
and so phasor can divide 1hz with the duration.

many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the phase information from
loscil not match up with the phasor if the sound file loops? Seems
like the internal phase information might be useful to have.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM, Joel Ramsbottom
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
>
> instr   106
> a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
> kdisplay phasor 1
> ;ilen = ftlen 5
> ;isr = ftsr(5)
> outvalue "samp", kdisplay
>                 out     a1, a2
>                 endin
>
> many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Justin Smith

I'm probably not the only one who has replaced loscil with a phasor, table reading, and end point calculating math, in order to share or export the indeed value (to line up playbacks or display position in a UI), perhaps we need an loscil that exposes its phase, either as an absolute index or normalized value

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
>
> instr   106
> a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
> kdisplay phasor 1
> ;ilen = ftlen 5
> ;isr = ftsr(5)
> outvalue "samp", kdisplay
>                 out     a1, a2
>                 endin
>
> many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Justin Smith

Autocorrect: "share or export the index value"

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
>
> instr   106
> a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
> kdisplay phasor 1
> ;ilen = ftlen 5
> ;isr = ftsr(5)
> outvalue "samp", kdisplay
>                 out     a1, a2
>                 endin
>
> many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Victor Lazzarini-2
Working on this now. I have a version of loscil that outputs the audio-rate phase position as an extra parameter.
Will do loscil3, document and push

> On 30 Jan 2018, at 15:26, Justin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Autocorrect: "share or export the index value"
>

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:25 Justin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm probably not the only one who has replaced loscil with a phasor, table reading, and end point calculating math, in order to share or export the indeed value (to line up playbacks or display position in a UI), perhaps we need an loscil that exposes its phase, either as an absolute index or normalized value
>

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:02 Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the phase information from
> loscil not match up with the phasor if the sound file loops? Seems
> like the internal phase information might be useful to have.
>
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM, Joel Ramsbottom
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
> >
> > instr   106
> > a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
> > kdisplay phasor 1
> > ;ilen = ftlen 5
> > ;isr = ftsr(5)
> > outvalue "samp", kdisplay
> >                 out     a1, a2
> >                 endin
> >
> > many thanks
> >
> > Csound mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
> > Send bugs reports to
> >         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Victor Lazzarini-2
These opcodes are in now and documented. They are called loscilphs and loscil3phs and have a first output parameter that outputs the normalised phase.

> On 31 Jan 2018, at 16:37, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Working on this now. I have a version of loscil that outputs the audio-rate phase position as an extra parameter.
> Will do loscil3, document and push
> ========================
> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University,
> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
> Tel: 00 353 7086936
> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 30 Jan 2018, at 15:26, Justin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Autocorrect: "share or export the index value"
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:25 Justin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm probably not the only one who has replaced loscil with a phasor, table reading, and end point calculating math, in order to share or export the indeed value (to line up playbacks or display position in a UI), perhaps we need an loscil that exposes its phase, either as an absolute index or normalized value
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:02 Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the phase information from
>> loscil not match up with the phasor if the sound file loops? Seems
>> like the internal phase information might be useful to have.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 7:19 AM, Joel Ramsbottom
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I've managed to send data with the following code. Pd has a slider that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us know where it is in its cps?
>>>
>>> instr   106
>>> a1, a2 loscil  10000, 1, 5, 1, 1 ;sample-based looping oscillator
>>> kdisplay phasor 1
>>> ;ilen = ftlen 5
>>> ;isr = ftsr(5)
>>> outvalue "samp", kdisplay
>>>                out     a1, a2
>>>                endin
>>>
>>> many thanks
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email] https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

jpff
Could these not be poscil and loscil3 with distribution on number of outputs (1 or 2)?

Or is that too expensive?

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On Jan 31, 2018, 16:50, at 16:50, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:

>These opcodes are in now and documented. They are called loscilphs and
>loscil3phs and have a first output parameter that outputs the
>normalised phase.
>========================
>Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>Maynooth University,
>Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>Tel: 00 353 7086936
>Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>
>> On 31 Jan 2018, at 16:37, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>
>> Working on this now. I have a version of loscil that outputs the
>audio-rate phase position as an extra parameter.
>> Will do loscil3, document and push
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 30 Jan 2018, at 15:26, Justin Smith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Autocorrect: "share or export the index value"
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:25 Justin Smith <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>>> I'm probably not the only one who has replaced loscil with a phasor,
>table reading, and end point calculating math, in order to share or
>export the indeed value (to line up playbacks or display position in a
>UI), perhaps we need an loscil that exposes its phase, either as an
>absolute index or normalized value
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018, 07:02 Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the phase information from
>>> loscil not match up with the phasor if the sound file loops? Seems
>>> like the internal phase information might be useful to have.

>that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it
>takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get
>from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure
>out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from
>-1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us
>know where it is in its cps?

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>features can be posted here

>Csound mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

Victor Lazzarini-2
I could not find a way of discerning between stereo lposcil and mono + phs. If you know a way, we
should do it.

> On 31 Jan 2018, at 18:30, John ff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Could these not be poscil and loscil3 with distribution on number of outputs (1 or 2)?
>
> Or is that too expensive?
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On Jan 31, 2018, 16:50, at 16:50, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> These opcodes are in now and documented. They are called loscilphs and
>> loscil3phs and have a first output parameter that outputs the
>> normalised phase.
>> ========================
>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>> Maynooth University,
>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952
>>
>>> On 31 Jan 2018, at 16:37, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Working on this now. I have a version of loscil that outputs the
>> audio-rate phase position as an extra parameter.
>>> Will do loscil3, document and push
>>> ========================
>>> Prof. Victor Lazzarini
>>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy,
>>> Maynooth University,
>>> Maynooth, Co Kildare, Ireland
>>> Tel: 00 353 7086936
>>> Fax: 00 353 1 7086952

>> table reading, and end point calculating math, in order to share or
>> export the indeed value (to line up playbacks or display position in a
>> UI), perhaps we need an loscil that exposes its phase, either as an
>> absolute index or normalized value

>> that represents the output of phasor. However whats happening is it
>> takes losil (which is receiving a 4min audio file) alot longer to get
>> from 0 - 1 than the phasor. How can I correct this? Its hard to figure
>> out because losil of course only has the audio output that will go from
>> -1 to 1 which isn't the data needed. is there away losil can let us
>> know where it is in its cps?

>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can be posted here
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi~ loscil, display table index

jpff
A!  forgot aout te stereo nature of loscil