[Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy
I'm sending messages from pd using the csound6~. The synth in csound is designed already with p-fields. Do I have to get rid of the p -fields or is there a way to have the two together? I was hoping to be able to "noodle" with the synth then when I'm happy with something write the values into a score statement ?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

Victor Lazzarini-2
You can send event messages with any
number of pfields and they’ll be responded to immediately. In Pd the messages can receive arguments from number boxes etc

> On 26 Jan 2018, at 11:57, Joel Ramsbottom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm sending messages from pd using the csound6~. The synth in csound is designed already with p-fields. Do I have to get rid of the p -fields or is there a way to have the two together? I was hoping to be able to "noodle" with the synth then when I'm happy with something write the values into a score statement ?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy
So I can launch an event, then while the note is playing adjust the value of the p field using the $1 in pd?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 12.28.51.png (21K) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy
I get some clitchy results with the current set up in pd, I've tried to show that in a screen shot. This set up also means I have to launch a new event with a predetermined duration? if I want a synth design that maintains p-fields too. I was hoping its possible to play the synth in realtime using a alongside p-fields for when they're needed once an idea is established?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy
an additional question... can csoundapi except multiple score events so, sonic excerpts can be launched rather than a single score event? many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

Victor Lazzarini-2
yes; just send them in separate event messages.

> On 26 Jan 2018, at 15:43, Joel Ramsbottom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> an additional question... can csoundapi except multiple score events so, sonic excerpts can be launched rather than a single score event? many thanks

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

fauveboy
something like so?

braces represent the pd message

{
event
i 133 0 7 50 400 200 1 100
i 133 2 9 50 800 200 1 1000
}

only the first score statement gets acknowledged?

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

zappfinger
You can send a whole lot of events at once. They get buffered and will
fire on time....

On 26/01/18 17:17, Joel Ramsbottom wrote:

> something like so?
>
> braces represent the pd message
>
> {
> event
> i 133 0 7 50 400 200 1 100
> i 133 2 9 50 800 200 1 1000
> }
>
> only the first score statement gets acknowledged?

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] CsoundApi & p-fields

Victor Lazzarini-2
Exactly. Can’t recall exactly the message format in Pd. Maybe others will be able to advise.