[Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Chatting with Rory about Csound and p5.js, I was inspired to put
together a simple example to share as a kind of template:

Online:  https://kunstmusik.github.io/csound-p5js/
Source: https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js

The project uses Web Csound (6.10) and a p5.js sketch for Glowing Orbs
(based on code from an intro programming class I am teaching). The
Csound code is using my livecode.orc for the instruments, and is
driven by a Runner instrument that is using temporal recursion to
generate the events:

https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js/blob/master/csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

I've put in some comments in places that I hope explain the parts. If
there's any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks and enjoy!

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Steven Yi
Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example here:

Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip

It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder how
> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for example.
> Is the latency tolerable?
>
> On Thu 5 Apr 2018, 16:47 Steven Yi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Chatting with Rory about Csound and p5.js, I was inspired to put
>> together a simple example to share as a kind of template:
>>
>> Online:  https://kunstmusik.github.io/csound-p5js/
>> Source: https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js
>>
>> The project uses Web Csound (6.10) and a p5.js sketch for Glowing Orbs
>> (based on code from an intro programming class I am teaching). The
>> Csound code is using my livecode.orc for the instruments, and is
>> driven by a Runner instrument that is using temporal recursion to
>> generate the events:
>>

>> https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js/blob/master/csound-p5js.js#L11-L28
>>

>> I've put in some comments in places that I hope explain the parts. If
>> there's any questions, please feel free to ask.
>>
>> Thanks and enjoy!
>> steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

rorywalsh
Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this. It's a really nice template to have.

On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example here:

Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip

It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder how
> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for example.
> Is the latency tolerable?
>
> On Thu 5 Apr 2018, 16:47 Steven Yi, <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Chatting with Rory about Csound and p5.js, I was inspired to put
>> together a simple example to share as a kind of template:
>>
>> Online:  https://kunstmusik.github.io/csound-p5js/
>> Source: https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js
>>
>> The project uses Web Csound (6.10) and a p5.js sketch for Glowing Orbs
>> (based on code from an intro programming class I am teaching). The
>> Csound code is using my livecode.orc for the instruments, and is
>> driven by a Runner instrument that is using temporal recursion to
>> generate the events:
>>

>> https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js/blob/master/csound-p5js.js#L11-L28
>>

>> I've put in some comments in places that I hope explain the parts. If
>> there's any questions, please feel free to ask.
>>
>> Thanks and enjoy!
>> steven

>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

gsenna
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:

> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Tarmo Johannes-3
Hi!

On reede, 6. aprill 2018 23:49.23 EEST you wrote:
> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

Yes, I think so - would you care to give a try?
Also all possible javascript libraries that are out there.

greetings,
tarmo

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Yes.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

gsenna
I adapted Rory's csmouse. BTW, is this the correct syntax for mixing
the second one?

On 06/04/18 17:53, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On reede, 6. aprill 2018 23:49.23 EEST you wrote:
>> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
>> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?
> Yes, I think so - would you care to give a try?
> Also all possible javascript libraries that are out there.
>
> greetings,
> tarmo

csmouse_csoundQt.zip (2M) Download Attachment

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

gsenna
Sorry, I meant Steven's csmouse!

On 06/04/18 21:24, Guillermo Senna wrote:

> I adapted Rory's csmouse. BTW, is this the correct syntax for mixing
> the second one?
>

> On 06/04/18 17:53, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On reede, 6. aprill 2018 23:49.23 EEST you wrote:
>>> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
>>> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?
>> Yes, I think so - would you care to give a try?
>> Also all possible javascript libraries that are out there.
>>
>> greetings,
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

zappfinger
This is very exciting! The simplicity of Processing with the power of
Csound...

Richard

On 05/04/18 17:46, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Chatting with Rory about Csound and p5.js, I was inspired to put
> together a simple example to share as a kind of template:
>
> Online:  https://kunstmusik.github.io/csound-p5js/
> Source: https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js
>
> The project uses Web Csound (6.10) and a p5.js sketch for Glowing Orbs
> (based on code from an intro programming class I am teaching). The
> Csound code is using my livecode.orc for the instruments, and is
> driven by a Runner instrument that is using temporal recursion to
> generate the events:
>
> https://github.com/kunstmusik/csound-p5js/blob/master/csound-p5js.js#L11-L28
>

> I've put in some comments in places that I hope explain the parts. If
> there's any questions, please feel free to ask.
>
> Thanks and enjoy!
> steven

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

zappfinger

How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?

Richard

On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
Yes.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

joachim-3
thanks guillermo!  wonderful!
        joachim

On 07/04/18 02:24, Guillermo Senna wrote:

> I adapted Rory's csmouse. BTW, is this the correct syntax for mixing
> the second one?
>

> On 06/04/18 17:53, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> On reede, 6. aprill 2018 23:49.23 EEST you wrote:
>>> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
>>> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?
>> Yes, I think so - would you care to give a try?
>> Also all possible javascript libraries that are out there.
>>
>> greetings,
>> tarmo

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++, Python, etc.

On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?

Richard

On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
Yes.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

zappfinger

Yes, but what if not using webassembly? Is it possible to trigger and control Csound running locally on the computer?

On 07/04/18 22:45, Michael Gogins wrote:
With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++, Python, etc.

On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?

Richard

On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
Yes.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Michael Gogins-2
Yes, using websockets as you said before.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 17:59 Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, but what if not using webassembly? Is it possible to trigger and control Csound running locally on the computer?

On 07/04/18 22:45, Michael Gogins wrote:
With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++, Python, etc.

On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:

How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?

Richard

On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
Yes.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

On 05/04/18 16:29, Rory Walsh wrote:
> Great Steven. I modified your example to create a simple random note/ball
> generator. Everything syncs up fine in my initial tests. Thanks for this.
> It's a really nice template to have.
>
> On 5 April 2018 at 19:29, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Latency seems fine to me for basic fire and forget.  I did another example
>> here:
>>
>> Online: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse
>> Source: http://www.kunstmusik.com/csmouse.zip
>>
>> It uses just embedded csound code in csound-p5js.js (modified Sub3
>> going to global mixer with reverbsc, some amplitude tracking to adjust
>> filter cutoff). p5.js code modified to just show fading circle where
>> touched/mousePressed.  On desktop the performance is good.  On
>> Android, I've found chrome to be not very good for touch latency, but
>> very good with Firefox.  (Same goes for
>> http://instruments.kunstmusik.com and Android)  I've found p5.js's
>> mousePressed gets double events when touch events happen though (both
>> on Surface Pro 4 Win 10 and on Android).
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks for again this Seven. Works fine here in my phone. I just wonder
>> how
>>> tight we can sync GUI events to audio events? Like mouse clicks for
>> example.
>>> Is the latency tolerable?

>> csound-p5js.js#L11-L28

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and
>> features can
>>> be posted here
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

gsenna
Could a minimal equivalent of csound.exe, but written in Qt (with
QtWebChannel and some Csound API calls exposed in javascript) be useful?
I mean no editor or extra stuff, just an html viewer.

On 07/04/18 18:02, Michael Gogins wrote:

> Yes, using websockets as you said before.
>
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 17:59 Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, but what if not using webassembly? Is it possible to trigger and
>> control Csound running locally on the computer?
>>
>> On 07/04/18 22:45, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web
>> browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++, Python,
>> etc.
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
>>> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

>>> note/ball
>>> this.

>>> example

>>> wonder

>>> Orbs

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Tarmo Johannes-3
Michael has  CsoundHtml5 viewer  in the csound-extended repo based on Qt. This has simple editor but probably very close to what you have in mind. Works very well.
Greetings,
Tarmo

08.04.2018 0:26 kirjutas kuupäeval "Guillermo Senna" <[hidden email]>:
Could a minimal equivalent of csound.exe, but written in Qt (with
QtWebChannel and some Csound API calls exposed in javascript) be useful?
I mean no editor or extra stuff, just an html viewer.

On 07/04/18 18:02, Michael Gogins wrote:
> Yes, using websockets as you said before.
>
> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 17:59 Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, but what if not using webassembly? Is it possible to trigger and
>> control Csound running locally on the computer?
>>
>> On 07/04/18 22:45, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web
>> browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++, Python,
>> etc.
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 4:49 PM Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> This is great! Does this mean that we could also use p5.js inside
>>> CsoundQt now that there is HTML5 support?

>>> note/ball
>>> this.

>>> example

>>> wonder

>>> Orbs

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here
>>

>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

gsenna
Yes, something like that! But it might be even simpler (i.e., à la
INScore). Just drag-and-drop the csd files in order to share our works
with regular, non-technical musicians. The only thing I would consider
is an Audio Setup button. And maybe even distribute a static
compilation, if that doesn't mean breaking any license.

Obviously, WebAssembly could be that thing. But it doesn't perform as
well as native Csound yet and I imagine trying to use GEN01 in wasm
might be at least cumbersome, among other things.

Cheers.

On 07/04/18 18:59, Tarmo Johannes wrote:

> Michael has  CsoundHtml5 viewer  in the csound-extended repo based on Qt.
> This has simple editor but probably very close to what you have in mind.
> Works very well.
> Greetings,
> Tarmo
>
> 08.04.2018 0:26 kirjutas kuupäeval "Guillermo Senna" <[hidden email]>:
>
> Could a minimal equivalent of csound.exe, but written in Qt (with
> QtWebChannel and some Csound API calls exposed in javascript) be useful?
> I mean no editor or extra stuff, just an html viewer.
>

> On 07/04/18 18:02, Michael Gogins wrote:
>> Yes, using websockets as you said before.
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 17:59 Richard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, but what if not using webassembly? Is it possible to trigger and
>>> control Csound running locally on the computer?
>>>
>>> On 07/04/18 22:45, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>>
>>> With WebAssembly, Csound and p5.js run in the same thread, in the Web
>>> browser. Csound is controlled by the csound API just as in C, C++,
> Python,
>>> etc.
>>>
>>> On Apr 7, 2018 16:47, "Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> How would the interface to a local running csound be made? Websockets?
>>>
>>> Richard
>>>
>>> On 06/04/18 23:21, Michael Gogins wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes.

> If

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound p5.js example

Drag and drop Csd player is quite good idea. I really dont have any spear time now but I will keep it in mind and perhaps will do one day.
Tarmo

P, 8. aprill 2018 01:53 Guillermo Senna <[hidden email]> kirjutas: