[Csnd] Csound for Android freezing/crashing

[Csnd] Csound for Android freezing/crashing

JTG III

So, the app on my phone was automatically updated sometime over the holidays, and has been freezing and  crashing during use,  or hanging up when attempting to stop playback or exit the app. When a csd is successfully completed, it says the version of Csound the app is running came from git (or whatever, I'm a total n00b when it comes all of that) on December 14th, and maybe that it's version 6.08.1, though I just trying to get that message to come up again but couldn't finish or stop a csd at all, and seemed to have multiple instances running the same csd,  which sounded pretty neat in its accidental polyrhythms which I'm now going to try to recreate on the computer by rendering to wav and layering multiple copies of
it, though there may have been glitch components contributing to the neatness, but that's really here nor there.

I just don't have a github account,  and wouldn't know what to do with one if I did, and even if I did, I only have spotty internet access through a budget cellphone provider that makes much or the online world normally inaccessible to me, so I'm providing a bug report here. I have a Sony Xperia (not sure of the model,  but it was one of the cheaper range,  costing around $250-300 Canadian a couple of months ago - - - don't know if that helps) running Android 6.01.

Re: [Csnd] Csound for Android freezing/crashing

Michael Gogins-2
Thanks for the report. Can you email a csd reproducing the problem? Also make and model of device and version of android.

On Jan 3, 2017 10:28 PM, "JTG III" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

So I'm pretty sure it's a Sony Xperia XA,  model f313 (though it's a bit confusing as my provider was bought out, but thats the right model number, so I think thats the right make) ,  and it's actually running Android 6.00.

The problem occurs with every csd I've tried, whether from the examples included with the app, basic manual examples, or those I've written myself.

[...]

iron_attorney
Hi, I finally just got Csound for android on my phone again as I had
to replace my phone a month or two ago. I have also been experiencing
this exact problem. My phone is a Sony Xperia, model F3111, running
android 6.0

http://algorythmradio.com
https://soundcloud.com/algorythmradio