[Csnd] Csound book on sale

123

[Csnd] Csound book on sale

Steven Yi
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Dave Phillips
On 11/28/2016 10:06 AM, Steven Yi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound
> book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Steven, do you know if the discount applies to both the ebook and the
hardbound ?

dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Matthew Geoghegan
Just got it, thanks Steven! Look forward to reading this :)

Dave, I had a look and think it is just the ebook on sale

On 28 November 2016 at 15:06, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Steven Yi
Hi Dave,

I think it is just for the ebook.

All best!
Steven
On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:26 PM Matthew Geoghegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just got it, thanks Steven! Look forward to reading this :)

Dave, I had a look and think it is just the ebook on sale

On 28 November 2016 at 15:06, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Got it - thanks for the discount tip!

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is
> available for 9.99 with the discount code:
>
> Cyber16e
>
> https://www.springer.com/?SGWID=0-102-24-0-0&searchType=EASY_CDA&queryText=Csound&submit=Submit
>
> Cheers!
> Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Michael Gogins-2
Just read the Foreword by the late Jean-Claude Risset. He calls it the
most powerful computer music system. I have always felt that, but as a
user and contributor I have also always recognized my potential bias.
So I made it my practice to intermittently follow the development and
users of competing systems. But I have never had much reason to change
my evaluation, with the partial exception of Max and some of the
Haskell stuff.

Whenever I sit down to compose and the sounds start coming out of the
speakers, I always find myself saying out loud, "My God -- what an
instrument!"

Irreducible Productions
http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Michael Gogins
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Got it - thanks for the discount tip!
>
> Best,
> Mike

> Michael Gogins
> Irreducible Productions
> http://michaelgogins.tumblr.com
> Michael dot Gogins at gmail dot com
>

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is
>> available for 9.99 with the discount code:
>>
>> Cyber16e
>>
>> https://www.springer.com/?SGWID=0-102-24-0-0&searchType=EASY_CDA&queryText=Csound&submit=Submit
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Steven
>> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can
>> be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Dave Phillips
On 11/28/2016 10:27 AM, Steven Yi wrote:
Hi Dave,

I think it is just for the ebook.

All best!
Steven

Yep, that was it. Pretty much a no-brainer purchase, thanks so much for the alert !

And as luck has it, my copy of the OM Composers Book 3 arrived today.

I should re-surface by the weekend ...

Best,

dp

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 3:26 PM Matthew Geoghegan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just got it, thanks Steven! Look forward to reading this :)

Dave, I had a look and think it is just the ebook on sale

On 28 November 2016 at 15:06, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

kakyoism
Purchased. Money well spent for Cyber Monday and on nothing else~
Thank you so much, Steven!

Beinan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 10:06 AM, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Menno Knevel
i am not familiar with Springer.

at what point should it mention that the price = 9.99?
I am already in the 3rd stage, where i can click the PayPal option. But i see
Current total
67,82 €
?

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

PMA-3
I gather the sale price is available specifically
to registered Springer members with Discount Codes
who have "earned" the needed discount.

PMA

On 11/28/2016 12:46 PM, Menno Knevel wrote:

> i am not familiar with Springer.
>
> at what point should it mention that the price = 9.99?
> I am already in the 3rd stage, where i can click the PayPal option. But i
> see
> Current total
> 67,82 €
> ?

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Richard
I have just bought it at the discount price - there is a field on one of
the pages for entering a "coupon" code - entering the code as posted
earlier worked fine. My chance now to catch up on 10 years of Csound
developments which have largely passed me by!

Richard Dobson

On 28/11/2016 18:13, PMA wrote:
> I gather the sale price is available specifically
> to registered Springer members with Discount Codes
> who have "earned" the needed discount.
>
> PMA

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

d.vyd

This code worked on a whole cart full of ebooks, including CSOUND. Each book was reduced to $9.99. Thank you Steven for posting about the discount!

For those people who are still having trouble: First select the books you want. Then go to your cart and proceed to pay. You will be given a (frighteningly high) total amount due and a place to enter a discount code. After you enter the code, remember to click the "apply" button (which is not visible until you enter text in the field). Then click "register" for a Springer account (which is free).  Then pay with paypal or credit card.

-d.vyd

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Anton Kholomiov
Hurray, what a gift! thanks Steven!
I hope to learn new tricks and bring them to audience :)

This code worked on a whole cart full of ebooks, including CSOUND. Each book was reduced to $9.99. Thank you Steven for posting about the discount!

For those people who are still having trouble: First select the books you want. Then go to your cart and proceed to pay. You will be given a (frighteningly high) total amount due and a place to enter a discount code. After you enter the code, remember to click the "apply" button (which is not visible until you enter text in the field). Then click "register" for a Springer account (which is free).  Then pay with paypal or credit card.

-d.vyd

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

Fabio De Sanctis De Benedictis

Thank you very much for detailed instructions: I have had some trouble,
now it has been perfectly resolved and I have bought the book.
Thank you all, ciao

fdsdb

Il giorno lun, 28/11/2016 alle 18.53 +0000, [hidden email] ha
scritto:

> This code worked on a whole cart full of ebooks, including CSOUND.
> Each book was reduced to $9.99. Thank you Steven for posting about the
> discount!
>

> For those people who are still having trouble: First select the books
> you want. Then go to your cart and proceed to pay. You will be given a
> (frighteningly high) total amount due and a place to enter a discount
> code. After you enter the code, remember to click the "apply" button
> (which is not visible until you enter text in the field). Then
> click "register" for a Springer account (which is free).  Then pay
> with paypal or credit card.
>

> -d.vyd

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

PMA-3
Sufferin' succotash, it worked!  *Thank you* !!

(My cataracts had made persuaded me to take your
quoted code for an email signature!  Silly me.)

One detail to add to these instructions: Once
you've inserted that text into the Code field,
be sure to hit the Enter before proceeding.
Otherwise, even though what you've just pasted
in sits there all happy staring out at you,
the Springer software won't recognize it.

Thanks again!
Pete

On 11/28/2016 01:53 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> This code worked on a whole cart full of ebooks, including CSOUND. Each book was reduced to $9.99. Thank you Steven for posting about the discount!
>

> For those people who are still having trouble: First select the books you want. Then go to your cart and proceed to pay. You will be given a (frighteningly high) total amount due and a place to enter a discount code. After you enter the code, remember to click the "apply" button (which is not visible until you enter text in the field). Then click "register" for a Springer account (which is free).  Then pay with paypal or credit card.
>

> -d.vyd
>

> ________________________________

genell
Yes, likewise!
I am humbled by the honor!
Thank you!

Regards,
Anders

28 nov. 2016 kl. 18:53 skrev Dave Seidel <[hidden email]>:

Well, I just read through the front matter, and was blown away to see my name included in the Acknowledgements, in quite illustrious company! Thanks guys, I am grateful and truly touched.

- Dave

On Nov 28, 2016 10:07 AM, "Steven Yi" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I saw that springer is having a cyber monday sale and the new Csound book is available for 9.99 with the discount code:

Cyber16e

Cheers!
Steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound book on sale

zappfinger
Managed to download the PDF too. (I still had some money on my Paypal
account)

Great!

Richard