[Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

rorywalsh
Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.

Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

Oeyvind Brandtsegg-3
Fantastic. Good job guys. Interesting to read and watch. And great fun!

Den fre. 7. des. 2018 kl. 21:06 skrev Rory Walsh <[hidden email]>:
Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.

Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

hlolli
I can confirm that there's no audio being sent trough the game itself, from the examples there's audio. Looking at the source code, it seems as if keyDown is sending data to channel "xPos" which is not declared in js/csd.js, I guess Rory needs to confirm :)

Since Rory is using my cljs made csound-wasm compilation, I got bit worried, but it should work on all browsers (and fallback automatically when AudioWorklet is not present).

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 15:51, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

There is no sound in the demo game, although I think Iain is adding some. If you click on the various examples you'll hear Csound.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 14:52, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

rorywalsh
Btw, if anyone makes some sounds for the game, and builds their own level send me it to me I will add it to the github page. Don't forget to put a yellow door somewhere in your scene so the player can exit.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 17:22, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no sound in the demo game, although I think Iain is adding some. If you click on the various examples you'll hear Csound.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 14:52, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

hlolli
I can confirm that the audio works now!
https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/game.html

But I can't win that level, that's another story :P

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 18:31, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Btw, if anyone makes some sounds for the game, and builds their own level send me it to me I will add it to the github page. Don't forget to put a yellow door somewhere in your scene so the player can exit.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 17:22, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no sound in the demo game, although I think Iain is adding some. If you click on the various examples you'll hear Csound.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 14:52, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

rorywalsh
Whoops, they were just rough sounds we put in yesterday. I've updated some of the examples, and I've added a listing at the top so you can just skip to the good stuff. The last example on the list will also run on mobiles. Just give Csound some time to load first.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 20:28, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can confirm that the audio works now!
https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/game.html

But I can't win that level, that's another story :P

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 18:31, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Btw, if anyone makes some sounds for the game, and builds their own level send me it to me I will add it to the github page. Don't forget to put a yellow door somewhere in your scene so the player can exit.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 17:22, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
There is no sound in the demo game, although I think Iain is adding some. If you click on the various examples you'll hear Csound.

On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 14:52, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great to see Csound in Web games and this article, I've been thinking
lately a common Csound orc library for games would be great (one that
would work on desktop too!).  I tried the article in Edge and Chrome
on Win 10 and did not hear any sound though.  I do see Csound output
in the JS Console.  I didn't see any thing in the code to start the
context on user interaction, but I didn't go through thoroughly. Is
anyone else getting sound?
On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:06 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

Steven Yi
I can hear sound now in the examples linked at the top. Lovely!  The
pushing sounds one was neat.  Great potential with all of this!
On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 7:17 PM Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whoops, they were just rough sounds we put in yesterday. I've updated some of the examples, and I've added a listing at the top so you can just skip to the good stuff. The last example on the list will also run on mobiles. Just give Csound some time to load first.
> https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/
>

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 20:28, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I can confirm that the audio works now!
>> https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/game.html
>>
>> But I can't win that level, that's another story :P
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 at 18:31, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Btw, if anyone makes some sounds for the game, and builds their own level send me it to me I will add it to the github page. Don't forget to put a yellow door somewhere in your scene so the player can exit.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

gsenna
Really cool stuff!

On 7/12/18 17:06, Rory Walsh wrote:

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and
> CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't
> make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and
> examples here <https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/>. Iain showed
> some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also
> pushed to the github repo
> <https://github.com/rorywalsh/CsoundPhaser3/tree/master/Instruments>.  If
> any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull
> request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

Julio César
spike must have cabbage head!
Good Job guys
Csound is alive and kicking
Julio.

On Friday, December 7, 2018, 3:06:39 PM GMT-5, Rory Walsh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3 and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up info and examples here. Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly robbed and also pushed to the github repo.  If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a pull request so that we can host it in the same place.

Rory.

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

joachim-3
i have added now a post at csound.com about this ...

On 16/12/18 17:47, Julio César wrote:

> spike must have cabbage head!
> Good Job guys
> Csound is alive and kicking
> Julio.
>
> On Friday, December 7, 2018, 3:06:39 PM GMT-5, Rory Walsh
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3
> and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who
> couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up
> info and examples here <https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/>.
> Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly
> robbed and also pushed to the github repo
> <https://github.com/rorywalsh/CsoundPhaser3/tree/master/Instruments>.
> If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a
> pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.
>
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

rorywalsh
Thanks Joachim. I had hoped to add more examples but time got the better of me.

On Wed 19 Dec 2018, 20:29 joachim heintz <[hidden email] wrote:
i have added now a post at csound.com about this ...

On 16/12/18 17:47, Julio César wrote:
> spike must have cabbage head!
> Good Job guys
> Csound is alive and kicking
> Julio.
>
> On Friday, December 7, 2018, 3:06:39 PM GMT-5, Rory Walsh
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Iain and I just gave a workshop on creating online games using Phaser3
> and CsoundWASM. It was obviously amazing(;)), but for those of you who
> couldn't make it, or more likely didn't know about it, I've put the up
> info and examples here <https://rorywalsh.github.io/CsoundPhaser3/>.
> Iain showed some really great procedural instruments which I blatantly
> robbed and also pushed to the github repo
> <https://github.com/rorywalsh/CsoundPhaser3/tree/master/Instruments>.
> If any of you make new levels with this simple framework, please make a
> pull request so that we can host it in the same place.
>
> Rory.
>
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here
> Csound mailing list [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

Re: [Csnd] Csound and Phaser3

Doctor B
Rory and Iain,

This CsoundPhaser3 work is super.  I have been having a ball with it all day!  Can't wait to share with my students.
- a few of the examples don't work on the Mac with Chrome or Safari, but most do and are inspiring enough.
- super appreciate the tutorial that accompanies them!

Hope you will continue to develop this.

Best,

-dB
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)
email: [hidden email]
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58