[Csnd] Csound and POV-ray: a video logo

Jeanette C.
Hey hey,
and what a perfect combination they are:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=us8ReL2R4m4
I started off by designing the video in POV-Ray. What a wonderful tool! Which
scene can boast that they have a tool that will even allow blind people to do
graphic design? OK, I'm JUST heavily visually impaired. But this is the Csound
mailinglist.

I needed a tool that could keep absolute time with video frames. Both with the
synthesis I had in mind and with the acuracy, I could only think of one
program for that. -- The sound/graphic design is synaesthetic (yes you may
laugh), synaesthesia being the involuntary association of one sense to
another. With me it's sound, grapheme, months, numbers and letters to colours.
So the planets have the colours of the months and the sounds are those that
would trigger these colours as well. Very personal, but sort of layers within
layers.

Except for the piano note around 5-6 seconds, it's all purely synthetic, using
Csound wide range of possibilities, from VA, to FM/PM, additive to physical
modelling.

I hope you enjoy it, feedback is welcome. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

We still move to a rhythm just like this
We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3
(Britney Spears)

Re: [Csnd] Csound and POV-ray: a video logo

genell
That really is so cool!!!
A fantastic way to exemplify what synesthesia is, and a lovely piece of art in its own right!!
Regards,
Anders

> 22 mars 2018 kl. 23:27 skrev Jeanette C. <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hey hey,
> and what a perfect combination they are:
> https://youtube.com/watch?v=us8ReL2R4m4
> I started off by designing the video in POV-Ray. What a wonderful tool! Which scene can boast that they have a tool that will even allow blind people to do graphic design? OK, I'm JUST heavily visually impaired. But this is the Csound mailinglist.
>
> I needed a tool that could keep absolute time with video frames. Both with the synthesis I had in mind and with the acuracy, I could only think of one program for that. -- The sound/graphic design is synaesthetic (yes you may laugh), synaesthesia being the involuntary association of one sense to another. With me it's sound, grapheme, months, numbers and letters to colours. So the planets have the colours of the months and the sounds are those that would trigger these colours as well. Very personal, but sort of layers within layers.
>
> Except for the piano note around 5-6 seconds, it's all purely synthetic, using Csound wide range of possibilities, from VA, to FM/PM, additive to physical modelling.
>
> I hope you enjoy it, feedback is welcome. :)
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
> * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
> * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
> * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
> * Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeanette_c_s
>
> We still move to a rhythm just like this
> We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3
> (Britney Spears)

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound and POV-ray: a video logo

Jeanette C.
Hey hey Dave and Anders,
thank you both for the nice feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c