[Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Steven Yi
Hi All,

Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:

http://csound.github.io/books.html

I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:

1. Book Image
2. Description text

And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
of FLOSS manual?)

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Victor Lazzarini
Dodge  & Jerse  2nd Ed uses Csound examples

> On 3 Dec 2016, at 22:20, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:
>
> http://csound.github.io/books.html
>
> I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:
>
> 1. Book Image
> 2. Description text
>
> And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
> of FLOSS manual?)
>
> steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Victor Lazzarini
Benson, Music: A mathematical
offering also uses Csound.

> On 3 Dec 2016, at 22:29, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dodge  & Jerse  2nd Ed uses Csound examples
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 3 Dec 2016, at 22:20, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:
>>
>> http://csound.github.io/books.html
>>
>> I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:
>>
>> 1. Book Image
>> 2. Description text
>>
>> And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
>> of FLOSS manual?)
>>
>> steven

>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Steven Yi
Would it be useful to categorize the books on the list?

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Victor Lazzarini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Benson, Music: A mathematical
> offering also uses Csound.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 3 Dec 2016, at 22:29, Victor Lazzarini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dodge  & Jerse  2nd Ed uses Csound examples
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 3 Dec 2016, at 22:20, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:
>>>
>>> http://csound.github.io/books.html
>>>
>>> I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:
>>>
>>> 1. Book Image
>>> 2. Description text
>>>
>>> And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
>>> of FLOSS manual?)
>>>
>>> steven
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Jacques Leplat
Nice list, contains a few books I was not aware of.

Floss should be there, it's printed and good. A link to a pdf of the csound manual would complete the list, if including it is not too controversial.

All the best,

Jacques

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Dave Phillips
Greetings,

On 12/03/2016 05:20 PM, Steven Yi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:
>
> http://csound.github.io/books.html
>
> I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:
>
> 1. Book Image
> 2. Description text
>
> And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
> of FLOSS manual?)

Two titles to add :

Csound: Generacion y procesamiento de sonido y musica a traves del programa
Year : 2004
Author : Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
Link :
http://www.unq.edu.ar/catalogo/103-generaci%C3%B3n-y-procesamiento-de-sonido-y-m%C3%BAsica-a-trav%C3%A9s-del-programa-csound.php

Cooking With CSound Part 1: Woodwind and Brass Recipes
Year : 2002
Authors : Andrew Horner and Lydia Ayers
Link : http://www.areditions.com/horner-cooking-with-csound-das018.html

Best,

dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Dave Phillips
Greetings,

Another title :

Sintesi digitale del suono. Laboratorio pratico di Csound
Year : 2014
Author : Giorgio Zucco
Link : http://www.zedde.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148

Best,

dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Dave Phillips
Oops, just noticed that this one's listed by its English title (Inside
Csound), sorry about that.

On 12/03/2016 08:09 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Another title :
>
> Sintesi digitale del suono. Laboratorio pratico di Csound
> Year : 2014
> Author : Giorgio Zucco
> Link :
> http://www.zedde.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Dave Phillips
On 12/03/2016 08:19 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Oops, just noticed that this one's listed by its English title (Inside
> Csound), sorry about that.
>
> On 12/03/2016 08:09 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Another title :
>>
>> Sintesi digitale del suono. Laboratorio pratico di Csound
>> Year : 2014
>> Author : Giorgio Zucco
>> Link :
>> http://www.zedde.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148

Now I'm not so sure. Is this an entirely different book from the Inside
Csound title ?

Best,

dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Doctor B
The page is great.  Photos of all the books would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 8:21 PM, Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 12/03/2016 08:19 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>> Oops, just noticed that this one's listed by its English title (Inside Csound), sorry about that.
>>
>>> On 12/03/2016 08:09 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Another title :
>>>
>>> Sintesi digitale del suono. Laboratorio pratico di Csound
>>> Year : 2014
>>> Author : Giorgio Zucco
>>> Link : http://www.zedde.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=148
>>>

> Now I'm not so sure. Is this an entirely different book from the Inside Csound title ?
>
> Best,
>
> dp

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Victor Lazzarini
Another one: Ways Ahead, Heintz, Hoffman and McCurdy.

> On 4 Dec 2016, at 04:20, Dr. Richard Boulanger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The page is great.  Photos of all the books would be nice.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>>> On Dec 3, 2016, at 8:21 PM, Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 12/03/2016 08:19 PM, Dave Phillips wrote:
>>> Oops, just noticed that this one's listed by its English title (Inside Csound), sorry about that.

>> Now I'm not so sure. Is this an entirely different book from the Inside Csound title ?
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

joachim-3
thanks, yes.

i have added this and the printed version of the csound floss manual to
the list.

best -
        joachim

On 04/12/16 09:55, Victor Lazzarini wrote:

> Another one: Ways Ahead, Heintz, Hoffman and McCurdy.
>
> Victor Lazzarini
> Maynooth University
> Ireland
>
>> On 4 Dec 2016, at 04:20, Dr. Richard Boulanger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The page is great.  Photos of all the books would be nice.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Now I'm not so sure. Is this an entirely different book from the Inside Csound title ?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> dp
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>      https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Victor Lazzarini
Giorgio Zucco’s book should be added too.

https://www.ibs.it/inside-csound-ediz-italiana-inglese-libro-giorgio-zucco/e/9788888849904

> On 5 Dec 2016, at 20:26, joachim heintz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thanks, yes.
>
> i have added this and the printed version of the csound floss manual to the list.
>
> best -
> joachim
>

> On 04/12/16 09:55, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
>> Another one: Ways Ahead, Heintz, Hoffman and McCurdy.
>>
>> Victor Lazzarini
>> Dean of Arts, Celtic Studies, and Philosophy
>> Maynooth University
>> Ireland
>>
>>> On 4 Dec 2016, at 04:20, Dr. Richard Boulanger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> The page is great.  Photos of all the books would be nice.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Thanks Dave,

I've added these two books to the books page.

It looks like the books mentioned in this thread are all on. Seems
like what we need next are images and descriptions and possibly
categorizations.

steven

On Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 7:09 PM, Dave Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On 12/03/2016 05:20 PM, Steven Yi wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks to Eugene, we now have a basic book page here:
>>
>> http://csound.github.io/books.html
>>
>> I was wondering what should be added, perhaps:
>>
>> 1. Book Image
>> 2. Description text
>>
>> And are there any missing books? (Perhaps a link to the print version
>> of FLOSS manual?)
>>

> Two titles to add :
>
> Csound: Generacion y procesamiento de sonido y musica a traves del programa
> Year : 2004
> Author : Oscar Pablo Di Liscia
> Link :
> http://www.unq.edu.ar/catalogo/103-generaci%C3%B3n-y-procesamiento-de-sonido-y-m%C3%BAsica-a-trav%C3%A9s-del-programa-csound.php
>
> Cooking With CSound Part 1: Woodwind and Brass Recipes
> Year : 2002
> Authors : Andrew Horner and Lydia Ayers
> Link : http://www.areditions.com/horner-cooking-with-csound-das018.html
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

Gleb
Great idea)!

Here is one original book in Russian about programming Csound and Max:

Музыкальные компьютерные технологии. Современный инструментарий творчества. (in Russian)

Year: 2005
Authors: Станислав Пучков (Stanislav Puchkov), Михаил Светлов (Mikhail Svetlov)
Link: http://search.rsl.ru/ru/record/01002913736

Gleb Rogozinsky, PhD
Associated Professor
Interactive Arts Department
Saint-Petersburg University of Film and Television

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications

Deputy Director of Medialab
Saint-Petersburg University of Telecommunications

Re: [Csnd] Csound Site: Books

A bit behind, but I've added this book to the list; thanks Gleb!

For ICSC2015, are the proceedings available online?