[Csnd] Csound-Android project

AndreaS
Hi to all,
me and my friend Antonio Lanciotti, today signed-in on the list - young aspiring and very promising developer (unlike the undersigned, who is nether young nether promising) - we publish on GitHub the project Csound-Android, with the aim to facilitating a first approach and testing the functionality.
Any suggestion and contributions are well received.
All the best.
Andrea S.

Avast logo

Re: [Csnd] Csound-Android project

Anton Kholomiov
Hi Andrea and Antonio!

Good luck with your android+csound dev!
It's not an easy ride but very promising indeed
since Andoid music market is really poor compared to iOS market.

Hi to all,
me and my friend Antonio Lanciotti, today signed-in on the list - young aspiring and very promising developer (unlike the undersigned, who is nether young nether promising) - we publish on GitHub the project Csound-Android, with the aim to facilitating a first approach and testing the functionality.
Any suggestion and contributions are well received.
All the best.
Andrea S.

Avast logo

Re: [Csnd] Csound-Android project

Anton Kholomiov
I hope to produce something too.

I've got ideas but I can not take any java or c++ inside
my head without brain damage. I'm kind of hooked on functional programming.

So I'm trying to use Kotlin. I'll post the results if I get it working with Csound some day
but likely not very soon..

Hi Andrea and Antonio!

Good luck with your android+csound dev!
It's not an easy ride but very promising indeed
since Andoid music market is really poor compared to iOS market.

Hi to all,
me and my friend Antonio Lanciotti, today signed-in on the list - young aspiring and very promising developer (unlike the undersigned, who is nether young nether promising) - we publish on GitHub the project Csound-Android, with the aim to facilitating a first approach and testing the functionality.
Any suggestion and contributions are well received.
All the best.
Andrea S.

Avast logo

Re: [Csnd] Csound-Android project

Beppim
Hi (ciao) Andrea and Antonio!
I'm Beppi (italiano)
I'm the developer of QiBrd, based on CSound: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=beppisapps.solosynth
Would you like to cooperate with new sounds? :-)

Beppi.

Hi Andrea and Antonio!

Good luck with your android+csound dev!
It's not an easy ride but very promising indeed
since Andoid music market is really poor compared to iOS market.

Hi to all,
me and my friend Antonio Lanciotti, today signed-in on the list - young aspiring and very promising developer (unlike the undersigned, who is nether young nether promising) - we publish on GitHub the project Csound-Android, with the aim to facilitating a first approach and testing the functionality.
Any suggestion and contributions are well received.
All the best.
Andrea S.

Avast logo

[Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Beppim
As some one of you may already know, I've published a new free synth for Android based on CSound, under the name QiBrd. You can find it here.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=beppisapps.solosynth

The app is growing in downloads and has received an incredible success by now, it's going with over 150 downloads/day and growing!
This message is for the whole community, for creating CSound, it's just for that that the app is well appreciated.
Beppi.

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Beppim
Truncated messages before I could say:

THANK YOU

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

luis jure
el 2017-08-27 a las 18:54 beppi escribió:

> As some one of you may already know, I've published a new free synth for
> Android based on CSound, under the name QiBrd.

it looks great, beppi, congratulations!

BTW, what are the system requirements? i have an ageing samsung note 3
with an old android 4.4.2, and google play says the app is not compatible
with my device...

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Beppim
I use the CSound library that has API 21 as minimum, I don't know why, so Marshmallow 5.0. I don't know if there is a specific reason for this minimum requirement, maybe here in the forum somebody can explain it. Anyway I believe that even if we could lower the minimum requirements, devices with older Androids  would glitch a lot, so probably is better to keep it as 21.

Da: "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Data: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:34:52 -0300
Oggetto: Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

el 2017-08-27 a las 18:54 beppi escribió:

> As some one of you may already know, I've published a new free synth for
> Android based on CSound, under the name QiBrd.

it looks great, beppi, congratulations!

BTW, what are the system requirements? i have an ageing samsung note 3
with an old android 4.4.2, and google play says the app is not compatible
with my device...

Re: [Csnd] Csound-Android project

AndreaS

Thank you Anton,
the project has a propedeutic aim, very basic.
Every activity deals with a topic of Csound-Android connection. (actually there's a branch a bit more developed than master).
- readme file: introduction and critical issues list
- main activity: copy of .wav files etc. on a folder without reading prohibition . IMO, Antonio set wery well this question.
- example1: binding object
- example 2:  updateValuesFromCsound
- example3: load and read gen01 table
- example4: read midi file and use plugin opcodes (last one still remains to be solved)
- example 4b: read midi file with MediaPlayer class (it plays well with bluetooth also)
If someone would enhance this project with suggestions, corrections, new activityes, to do it.
All the best
Andrea S.

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

AndreaS

Hi-ciao Beppi,
When I understand better your project I'll happy to give a contribute, if I can.
I try to install QiBrd on my Huawei SCL-L21, Android version: 5.1.1.
In my phone also, when I launch the app I see the first page with logo, then it disappears and the app crashes.
All the best
Andrea

Da: "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Data: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:34:52 -0300

el 2017-08-27 a las 18:54 beppi escribió:

> As some one of you may already know, I've published a new free synth for
> Android based on CSound, under the name QiBrd.

it looks great, beppi, congratulations!

BTW, what are the system requirements? i have an ageing samsung note 3
with an old android 4.4.2, and google play says the app is not compatible
with my device...

Avast logo

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Beppim
I wish I could understand what happens, I don't receive any report about that crash right at the boot, and the occurence of crashes depends on singular devices and is totally randomic and I never could reproduce it. As soon as you are a developer, do you have a logcat or anything else that you could send me, very please?

PS: è così strano scrivere in inglese a un italiano...
Beppi.

Da: "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Data: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:34:52 -0300

Da: "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Data: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:34:52 -0300

el 2017-08-27 a las 18:54 beppi escribió:

> As some one of you may already know, I've published a new free synth for
> Android based on CSound, under the name QiBrd.

it looks great, beppi, congratulations!

BTW, what are the system requirements? i have an ageing samsung note 3
with an old android 4.4.2, and google play says the app is not compatible
with my device...

Avast logo

Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Beppim

This is fantastic! Thank you. BTW you are already listed as artist in the google play page, I hope that this list will become longer in future!
Happy music!

Da "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Cc
Data Tue, 29 Aug 2017 06:27:05 +0000
Oggetto Re: [Csnd] QiBrd: thanks you all

Da: "A discussion list for users of Csound" [hidden email]
Data: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 19:34:52 -0300