[Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

12

[Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Steven Yi
Hi All,

I just wanted to say I had a fantastic time at the Csound 30
conference.  It was a great pleasure to hear such nice works at the
concerts and I found all of the papers really inspiring. I enjoyed
meeting everyone and seeing old friends. It felt like a very fitting
celebration for the 30th anniversary of this program we all share and
use.

Thanks very much to Iain for his hard work in organizing the
conference and getting all of us together!

All best!

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

briandc

I would have loved to have been there..

-When will there be one organized in Italy?  ;)

brian

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 11:43:02 +0000, Steven Yi wrote:

Hi All,

I just wanted to say I had a fantastic time at the Csound 30
conference.  It was a great pleasure to hear such nice works at the
concerts and I found all of the papers really inspiring. I enjoyed
meeting everyone and seeing old friends. It felt like a very fitting
celebration for the 30th anniversary of this program we all share and
use.

Thanks very much to Iain for his hard work in organizing the
conference and getting all of us together!

All best!

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

yes, it was great. Iain did a superb job.

We should do this more often.

> On 28 Nov 2016, at 11:43, Steven Yi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I just wanted to say I had a fantastic time at the Csound 30
> conference.  It was a great pleasure to hear such nice works at the
> concerts and I found all of the papers really inspiring. I enjoyed
> meeting everyone and seeing old friends. It felt like a very fitting
> celebration for the 30th anniversary of this program we all share and
> use.
>
> Thanks very much to Iain for his hard work in organizing the
> conference and getting all of us together!
>
> All best!
> steven

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

luis jure
el 2016-11-28 a las 12:51 [hidden email] escribió:

> I would have loved to have been there..

the same here.

> -When will there be one
> organized in Italy? ;)

well, it's your chance, we still have to define who will host the ICSC in
2019...

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

briandc

I can definitely find out. My location here is just minutes from the Malpensa Airport and the city of Milan, so it should be easy for people to reach from all over.

We might have some good areas, depending on how large the structure needs to be.

As I've never done hosting before, if anyone has suggestions on how to go about it... :)

brian

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:56:24 -0300, luis jure wrote:

el 2016-11-28 a las 12:51 [hidden email]escribió:
I would have loved to have been there..
the same here.
-When will there be one organized in Italy? ;)
well, it's your chance, we still have to define who will host the ICSC in
2019...

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Iain McCurdy

I would like to thank all the contributors of such high quality music, workshops and presentations without which, any amount of organising is futile! It was a great weekend.

There are some pictures from the conference on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1336048286428429/

Everything was videoed and that will be published shortly.

Iain

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Doctor B
An incredible and incredibly inspiring weekend!
Thanks Iain for everything you did to make it so awesome.  -dB

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2016, at 2:45 PM, Matthew Geoghegan <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 to all of these posts. Inspiring talks, music and performances! Looking forward to the next one :)

On 28 November 2016 at 14:43, Iain McCurdy <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to thank all the contributors of such high quality music, workshops and presentations without which, any amount of organising is futile! It was a great weekend.

There are some pictures from the conference on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1336048286428429/

Everything was videoed and that will be published shortly.

Iain

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

joachim-3
i am afraid that a 2019 candidate will have to fight against tokyo, but
let's see what kita toshohiro will say in montevideo ... — perhaps i
confuse my phantasy with the reality (as often it uses to happen).

great to hear that you had an inspiring time.  i wished i could have
been there, but i am very much looking forward to the videos.  thanks in
advance for putting them online!

        joachim

On 28/11/16 13:56, luis jure wrote:

> el 2016-11-28 a las 12:51 [hidden email] escribió:
>
>> I would have loved to have been there..
>
> the same here.
>
>> -When will there be one
>> organized in Italy? ;)
>
> well, it's your chance, we still have to define who will host the ICSC in
> 2019...

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Thank you Iain

And all people present and also those who were thinking along!
Csound community is truly something special...

Tarmo

28.11.2016 22:30 kirjutas kuupäeval "Dr. Richard Boulanger" <[hidden email]>:
An incredible and incredibly inspiring weekend!
Thanks Iain for everything you did to make it so awesome.  -dB

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2016, at 2:45 PM, Matthew Geoghegan <[hidden email]> wrote:

+1 to all of these posts. Inspiring talks, music and performances! Looking forward to the next one :)

On 28 November 2016 at 14:43, Iain McCurdy <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to thank all the contributors of such high quality music, workshops and presentations without which, any amount of organising is futile! It was a great weekend.

There are some pictures from the conference on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1336048286428429/

Everything was videoed and that will be published shortly.

Iain

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Anthony Di Furia
Thank you Iain and everybody for your hospitality and professional job in all areas.

You all have made me feel so at home.

Anthony

Sounds good.  I'm looking forward to seeing the videos too!

brian

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:17:08 +0100, joachim heintz wrote:

i am afraid that a 2019 candidate will have to fight against tokyo, but
let's see what kita toshohiro will say in montevideo ... — perhaps i
confuse my phantasy with the reality (as often it uses to happen).

great to hear that you had an inspiring time.  i wished i could have
been there, but i am very much looking forward to the videos.  thanks in
advance for putting them online!

	joachim

On 28/11/16 13:56, luis jure wrote:
el 2016-11-28 a las 12:51 [hidden email]escribió:
I would have loved to have been there..
the same here.
-When will there be one organized in Italy? ;)

Anthony Di Furia - Sound Artist
cvr

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

cvr
It was a wonderful event, always relaxed and inspiring. Thanks so much, Iain, for making this happen and for your hospitality.

Clemens

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

As always I am late to the party but just to say I really enjoyed the
meeting.  Good presentations, interesting history, inspiring discussions and
so much good music in the concerts.  A pleasure ti meet some of you I knew
only as email addresses as well as catching up wit long-standing friends.

Many thanks to all who contributed, presenters, composers,
performers,listeners and audience, however; special thanks to Iain for
his work that made it all so smooth-running.

one question: is it possible to see the photos without facebook (for
people like me too old for friends)?

==John ff

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, Iain McCurdy wrote:

> I would like to thank all the contributors of such high quality music,
> workshops and presentations without which, any amount of organising is
> futile! It was a great weekend.
>
> There are some pictures from the conference on Facebook:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/events/1336048286428429/
>

> Everything was videoed and that will be published shortly.
>

> Iain

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

luis jure
el 2016-11-29 a las 15:00 jpff escribió:

> one question: is it possible to see the photos without facebook?

yes, please!

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Iain McCurdy

Here are the photos on Flickr. No need to join anything in order to view them:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149695969@N03/

As always I am late to the party but just to say I really enjoyed the
meeting.  Good presentations, interesting history, inspiring discussions and
so much good music in the concerts.  A pleasure ti meet some of you I knew
only as email addresses as well as catching up wit long-standing friends.

Many thanks to all who contributed, presenters, composers,
performers,listeners and audience, however; special thanks to Iain for
his work that made it all so smooth-running.

one question: is it possible to see the photos without facebook (for
people like me too old for friends)?

==John ff

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016, Iain McCurdy wrote:

> I would like to thank all the contributors of such high quality music,
> workshops and presentations without which, any amount of organising is
> futile! It was a great weekend.
>
> There are some pictures from the conference on Facebook:
>
> https://www.facebook.com/events/1336048286428429/
>

> Everything was videoed and that will be published shortly.
>

> Iain

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Victor Lazzarini
Maybe they can go to the website?

> On 29 Nov 2016, at 15:49, Iain McCurdy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here are the photos on Flickr. No need to join anything in order to view them:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/149695969@N03/

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Tans; flickr is OK fi me.

On Tue, 29 Nov 2016, Iain McCurdy wrote:

> Here are the photos on Flickr. No need to join anything in order to view them:
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/149695969@N03/
>
> [30949275290_65015f1f93_q.jpg] [30949275290_65015f1f93_b.jpg]
> [30495686984_73a8d60a8f_q.jpg] [30495686984_73a8d60a8f_b.jpg]
> [30949271660_35db105b21_q.jpg] [30949271660_35db105b21_b.jpg]
> [30949270040_8d85bb8ddb_q.jpg] [30949270040_8d85bb8ddb_b.jpg]
> [30949268000_9e8d26fe73_q.jpg] [30949268000_9e8d26fe73_b.jpg]
> [30949266070_938345bbe0_q.jpg] [30949266070_938345bbe0_b.jpg]
> [31281357546_737873e13f_q.jpg] [31281357546_737873e13f_b.jpg]
> [30949262480_c5d39269d7_q.jpg] [30949262480_c5d39269d7_b.jpg]

Re: [Csnd] Csound 30 - Thanks!

Dave Phillips
Greetings,

Vast thanks to the festival organizers for accepting my piece, and to
Victor et al for mentioning me in the new book. I'd gush on further but
I have a *lot* of very cool reading material in front of me. :)

Best,

dp